Looking for a Mentor (West Side) [Archive] - ArcheryTalk Forum: Archery Target, Bowhunting, Classifieds, Chat

: Looking for a Mentor (West Side)

May 14th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Originally posted in the main bowhunting section. Advice to post here seemed like a good idea. Thanks.

I am a 28 year old husband and father of two. I am in the Coast Guard and currently stationed in Seattle, WA. I have never hunted a day in my life. Around January of this year I got the itch. I am not sure how it started but I got bit hard. I have a compound bow and practice as often as possible. I am really looking for some advice. I am a bit overwhelmed at the amount of things there are to consider. Where does one start when they first begin. Is there a such thing as a mentor program for hunting? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

May 14th, 2009, 08:45 PM
P.M. sent

May 24th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Step #1
I would seriously suggest that you take a look at the Bow Hunter Education program. YOu can cut 5 years of hard nocks off your learning curve by taking the class. They are only around $35.00 and you gain a wealth of info from it.

Join a club, You'll be able to pump anyone you meat there for info and they are usually very willing to help. You probably won't find a great place to hunt from them but you'll gett some pretty good info up to that point.

here is a map of all the clubs in the state.

PM me or answer my PM.
If we don't get together for what ever reason good luck with your quest and shoot straight.