PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Mentor (West Side)

Noobur
May 14th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Originally posted in the main bowhunting section. Advice to post here seemed like a good idea. Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,

I am a 28 year old husband and father of two. I am in the Coast Guard and currently stationed in Seattle, WA. I have never hunted a day in my life. Around January of this year I got the itch. I am not sure how it started but I got bit hard. I have a compound bow and practice as often as possible. I am really looking for some advice. I am a bit overwhelmed at the amount of things there are to consider. Where does one start when they first begin. Is there a such thing as a mentor program for hunting? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Bert

bowfreak1074
May 14th, 2009, 08:45 PM
P.M. sent

b0w_bender
May 24th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Step #1
I would seriously suggest that you take a look at the Bow Hunter Education program. YOu can cut 5 years of hard nocks off your learning curve by taking the class. They are only around $35.00 and you gain a wealth of info from it.

Step#2
Join a club, You'll be able to pump anyone you meat there for info and they are usually very willing to help. You probably won't find a great place to hunt from them but you'll gett some pretty good info up to that point.

here is a map of all the clubs in the state.
http://westerncascadearchers.org/index.php?option=com_weblinks&catid=20&Itemid=23

Step#3
PM me or answer my PM.
If we don't get together for what ever reason good luck with your quest and shoot straight.