PDA

View Full Version : please pardont my stupidity, but

shooter22
May 24th, 2009, 01:45 AM
What is the difference between the duo stick and duo stick pro. Or whatever? I just got my s600 and went to put in a memory card and all I have are too big physically to go into the slot. Also how big storage wise do you all recommend for either a trail cam or a feeder or trophy rock? Some of the sticks I have now are 16mb and 32mb and 128mb(but this one is reserved for me taking pics of my niece.

Kevin

Fugitive6
May 24th, 2009, 10:10 AM
I run 1gb to 2gb memory sticks in my S600s. I think others run up to 4gb but haven't had a need for anything that big. I wouldn't go below 512mb though. 512mb would be a little small for a feeder cam but will work. Just make sure the cam is set on a feeder setting. 1gb or larger will get you the most memory room and less trips out to disturb the camera. Hope this helps.

CaptPete
May 24th, 2009, 10:32 AM
I'm not sure about the the difference in the Duo & Duo Pro. There should be an adaptor that you can slide off and then maybe it will go in the camera. :confused:

For the size of the memory I would say no smaller that 256 & preferably at least the 512. I had a 32mb card in a p32 and only got about 14 pics with the camera set at 2.8 mega-pixals. I'm now running 512's in the p32's & 1 gig's in my s40's. I haven't had a chance to see how many pics I can get on the 512 / p32 yet...just built it and haven't had it in the woods yet.

Kevin

bbahunter
May 24th, 2009, 10:41 AM
You need to use the pro duo with the s600. The memory stick pros are for the older cameras p32,p41,s40. The stick is long and will not fit in the s600,but if you were to get the model with the adaptor, you could use in the s600 by taking the memory out of the adaptor.

shooter22
May 26th, 2009, 04:15 AM
Ok, thanks guys, I do need to get some bigger capacity mem sticks. Now I have a question on you're alls opinion on Pixel size. I know to post here, and keep it low enough to stay below 122K I usually shoot pics when target practicing or whatever on Email(VGA) setting. Is this what most of your guys set your gameras to take trail cam pics of?

I have two purposes of the trail cams.

#1 is to check out deer numbers and buck antler growth.

#2 Is to take Super clear Top High Quality pics for an albumn for my Niece.

Hence, I would like good night shots with the perfect lighting(ar as close as I can with the situation).