PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a South Florida Pro Shop

MiLyGo
June 11th, 2009, 12:55 AM
I've been looking for a proshop in south Florida (specifically within a 2 hour drive of Fort Lauderdale, FL) that stocks short draw bows, so that I can try a few before I buy one. (25.5-26" and 30-50# or so) I have already been to Gator, Jet Outdoors and Bass Pro with no luck. Any suggestions?

JuniorsOutdoor
June 11th, 2009, 09:16 AM
I don't know that any shops will stock them in those draw lengths but most if not all should be able to swap cams or modules to get your desired draw length. Is there a specific bow you are looking for.

Brent Gandy
June 11th, 2009, 10:39 AM
It's about 3 hours away, but there is a pro shop called Spurlow's Outdoor Outfitters in Frostproof, FL.

The owner is a very good friend of mine and knows his stuff. He is a tournament archer and bowhunter himself.

The address is:

Spurlow's
1 East Wall Street
Frostproof, FL 33843

Phone: 863-635-0240

E-Mail: Spurlows.Outdoor@hotmail.com

Talk to David. Tell him that Brent Gandy sent you!!!!

soflanut
June 11th, 2009, 05:47 PM
There's also a Gander Mountain in Palm Beach - haven't been there yet so I cann't tell you what they have.

Scoutnhunt
August 2nd, 2009, 12:26 AM
We shoot there several times each week ..... nice guys in the archery shop area. Larry, Josh, & Craig are the main players and are happy to help. They have several Diamond bows that may fit you and encourage shooting the bows. Might want to check with them and give their range a try out.

Also, there is Self Defense Gun & Archery in Stuart. Small archery shop inside a small store, but they are a Mathews dealer and the young man who heads up the archery shop is Andrew. Should check with them - they have other brands as well and Andrew is very knowledgeable.

Hope this helps.

bohunter0328
August 2nd, 2009, 08:01 PM
I work at the archery counter at Bass Pro. Come see me and I'm sure we can change the module on a few bows and get an idea of what you want. Ask for Tony.

b_vanfossen
August 16th, 2009, 10:50 AM
there ia also an Elite dealer in Boca

Arrow H
August 17th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Whites Tackle in Ft. Pierce. Ask for Karl.

FLDXT
August 17th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Times Two

It's about 3 hours away, but there is a pro shop called Spurlow's Outdoor Outfitters in Frostproof, FL.

The owner is a very good friend of mine and knows his stuff. He is a tournament archer and bowhunter himself.

The address is:

Spurlow's
1 East Wall Street
Frostproof, FL 33843

X2, haven't used him yet but heard alot of good things. There is a pro shop in a guys house in Jupiter Farms, Pathfinder Archery. He runs it out of his house but he is pretty sharp. I am a perfectionist and live one mile from a "pro shop" and drive all the way to Jupiter to get my bow worked on. He is a Mathews dealer but you can check on Mathews website and they will have his contact info.

SEflaHUNTIN
September 9th, 2009, 12:02 PM
You can try Harold Coy at:

PATHFINDER ARCHERY
16734 106 TRL NTH
JUPITER, FL 33478
561-818-1675

He has a shop at his house in Jupiter Farms.

FLDXT
September 9th, 2009, 04:14 PM

PATHFINDER ARCHERY
16734 106 TRL NTH
JUPITER, FL 33478
561-818-1675

Good guy, I use him too! He is a Mathews man won't let you leave unless everything is perfect.

b_vanfossen
September 9th, 2009, 07:47 PM

PATHFINDER ARCHERY
16734 106 TRL NTH
JUPITER, FL 33478
561-818-1675

Hate to talk bad about someone, but that guy is crazy expensive and isn't up to date with knowledge.

GT Ultralight arrows (not pros) he wants $150 when they are $65-$70 bucks! :eek:

gander is ok, Mike knox - Elite dealer off indiantown road is alright, white's tackle in Ft. Pierce is the shiz..., good luck!

SEflaHUNTIN
September 10th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Hate to talk bad about someone, but that guy is crazy expensive and isn't up to date with knowledge.

GT Ultralight arrows (not pros) he wants $150 when they are $65-$70 bucks! :eek:

gander is ok, Mike knox - Elite dealer off indiantown road is alright, white's tackle in Ft. Pierce is the shiz..., good luck!

I agree he is way over priced and a little out there. But he lives right around the corner, so in a jam I have used him.

FLDXT
September 11th, 2009, 07:01 PM

I don't know about his prices but I called about a Mathews Passion for my wife and he was the cheapest in the area. I have never bought anything from him, but have taken my bow to him on a few occasions to get tuned, he did a jam up job. I live less then a mile from a bow shop and I drive the 45 minutes down to him, because he always gets my bow shooting good. I am very picky who touches my stuff and he always has done a good job for me.

dpms
October 9th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Theres also this place in Miami off of Byrds Rd I dont know if you want to drive that far, if you want we could meet up by me and ill go down with ya...

EnglishKev
October 31st, 2009, 08:22 PM

The address is:

Spurlow's
1 East Wall Street
Frostproof, FL 33843

I bought a bow, case and other stuff from him last December when I was over there.
Did me a good deal.
Well worth a visit.

Kev