PDA

View Full Version : Scent Lok in S. Florida?

b_vanfossen
June 15th, 2009, 10:34 PM
I'd like to try the suits but I'm afraid I'll suffer a heat stroke.

How are they to wear?

Thanks

CamoCop
June 16th, 2009, 05:11 AM
i hope your not considering buying Scent Lok for the scent containment alone because that is a gimmick.

Renegadehunter
June 16th, 2009, 11:30 AM
fact is down here you are gonna sweat no matter what. doing your best at playing the wind and some coon and fox cover scents is about the best scent containment in this humidity we experience during bow season.

b_vanfossen
June 16th, 2009, 09:11 PM
I play the wind, Shower before I go out in the woods, and change in the field and keep my hunting clothes in a scent bag when not in use.

I like to try and product that would give me an advantage - that won't cause me a heart attack! lol

I was curious if any of you guys have worn them or do wear them and wondering how darn hot are they to wear?

Thanks

JPizzle
June 17th, 2009, 09:48 PM
I think you will have better luck with the under armor heat gear.

b_vanfossen
June 17th, 2009, 09:54 PM
I've never heard of it- just looked it up. I like it...

1justright
June 22nd, 2009, 12:21 PM
I asked the same question on Mathews Forum... hope this helps
http://forums.mathewsinc.com/viewtopic.php?t=120497&highlight=

00lugnut00
June 22nd, 2009, 07:05 PM
you may think i'm crazy but try smoking your cloths. i tryed it 2 years ago and was amazed how well it worked. i do hunt public woods where they do controlled burns at least yearly on certain parts so the burnt wood smell is something the deer are used to.

just a thought

FL_CRACKER
August 18th, 2009, 12:26 PM
lugnut smokin your cloths is a dang good idea never thought about it.. might have to try it this archery season,thanks for the tip