PDA

View Full Version : Florida Bucks

firehuntfish
July 13th, 2009, 02:51 PM
I thought you guys that hunt Florida might enjoy these pics...One of my hunting buddies took these the other day at 4:00pm, from the roadside.... He was driving up US27 just north of Fisheating Creek. I think these deer were on the Lykes property, but it is definately low-fence as you can see....Who says there are no big deer in Florida.

FredGarvin
July 14th, 2009, 11:10 AM
I thought you guys that hunt Florida might enjoy these pics...One of my hunting buddies took these the other day at 4:00pm, from the roadside.... He was driving up US27 just north of Fisheating Creek. I think these deer were on the Lykes property, but it is definately low-fence as you can see....Who says there are no big deer in Florida.

Day'um.

The buck with his head down on the left has got some mass.

QuickReflex
July 14th, 2009, 10:28 PM
both are nice bucks , both would be nice to see under my stand opening morning.

JPizzle
July 15th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Good to see. Any they are already out of velvet. I havent seen any big ones this year but found a good size rub in the cypress. To bad I am missing the Sept 5 cypress open for a gator hunt. Cant wait till Sept 12th.

SaltyFly
July 16th, 2009, 09:40 AM
They're both nice deer, but that one on the left, he's nice for just about anywhere. Lots of mass and looks to be pretty symetrical.. he'd make me shake a bit! :smile: that's about 15 or 20 minutes north of my house (depending on how fast you drive). anyone who was lucky enough to draw a quota permit on fisheating creek should be pretty happy to see this, just lets you know they're out there! thanks for posting.

b_vanfossen
July 17th, 2009, 08:51 PM
those are incredible! I've never seen a buck with a rack like that in person.

Last weekend in Okeechobee- off hwy 98- there were (we thought?) three big bucks- the biggest bodied deer I've ever seen in any state. but they didn't have any horns? They were also on low fenced property. I guess they weren't deer then right?

1justright
July 20th, 2009, 12:15 PM
both are nice bucks , both would be nice to see under my stand opening morning.

no kidding, I cant wait....:uzi: