PDA

View Full Version : Gov't Land in Norfork,AR

Springhill
July 29th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Does anyone have any experience hunting some of the gov't land around Norfork Lake or White river ? I just got a place (camper on an acre lot) just down the road from the dam at Norfork. I'm gonna try out some of the forrest land this deer season and wanted to get some opinions???

knighten
August 2nd, 2009, 01:47 PM
go to the mountain home corp of eng. office they can help you out.makes it alot easier with a boat.

Springhill
August 4th, 2009, 06:21 PM
go to the mountain home corp of eng. office they can help you out.makes it alot easier with a boat.

thanks, Knighten !!!

FroMan
August 5th, 2009, 01:11 AM
I turkey hunted some of the Corps land around the Lake near Elizabeth this past turkey season. Some pretty country but fairly rugged. I walked into the place from some private land, but saw deer and turkeys while hunting it. I know that a canoe could get you back in there to some remote spots and you wouldn't necessarily even have to have a big boat. I'm thinking about hunting it some this bowseason myself if I can talk myself into the long hike in.

knighten
August 6th, 2009, 09:25 PM
I turkey hunted some of the Corps land around the Lake near Elizabeth this past turkey season. Some pretty country but fairly rugged. I walked into the place from some private land, but saw deer and turkeys while hunting it. I know that a canoe could get you back in there to some remote spots and you wouldn't necessarily even have to have a big boat. I'm thinking about hunting it some this bowseason myself if I can talk myself into the long hike in.

i do most of my hunting in the henderson area. we do pretty good both deer& turkey.