PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new safety harness???

JB800
August 13th, 2009, 01:39 PM
I'm in the market for a new safety harness. I am undecided between muddy and hss. I only seen and tried on the hss at Gander Mtn. It seemed a bit bulky and the straps that I guess hold the binoculars, made noise. I didn't rule it out thou. Any opinions on these two!

Big10
August 13th, 2009, 04:49 PM
I have a Loggy Bayou (sp?). The new Muddy's are upgraded versions of this. I love this style. It's lighter, cooler (as in temperature), easy to put on over, or under your jacket. I tried a friend HSS once & it seemed to bulky for my tastes.

TRX32
August 13th, 2009, 05:00 PM
HSS Pro Series all the way for me. Love it!

SportHunter
August 13th, 2009, 05:03 PM
After looking at the Muddy system, HSS, Gorilla EXO, and the Body Armour systems I plan to go with the Muddy Safeguard harness which also comes with a linemans belt. Now if we can just find it on sale...

JB800
August 13th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Yea, I was leaning towards the Muddy. I currently have an older full body harness that I think is a Seat of pants. I just wanted something a little easier to put on.

dt5150
August 13th, 2009, 05:15 PM
love my loggy bayou transformer.

pjwatson05
August 13th, 2009, 05:40 PM
I got rid of my HSS Pro, it was too bulky & got the Muddy really like it.

jlmdlm
August 13th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Loggy Bayou Transformer for me as well. I don't think they are in business anymore, so look at the Muddy Safeguard.

antlrcolectr
August 13th, 2009, 05:45 PM
I bought a bunch of Big Game treestands last year, I have two extra safety harness that come with them if you're interested. All you'd pay is shipping-they are new, never used.
I don't necessarily like any kind of harness, but these are pretty comfortable considering they are supplied with the stands and made for safety first....

Anyone can PM me if interested.