PDA

View Full Version : Wma

Slinging
August 25th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Can you use something like acorn rage to put out to bring deer in?? on a management area I don't see it being any different then a buck bomb or any other attractant

FredGarvin
August 25th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Can you use something like acorn rage to put out to bring deer in?? on a management area I don't see it being any different then a buck bomb or any other attractant

Check the brochure of the WMA you plan to hunt. I'm inclined to say no, you wouldn't be allowed to do what you want. Look at the second page of the WMA brochure under "general Area Regulations" --- should be in the top 5 rules. My WMA states, "3. It is illegal to hunt over bait or place any bait or other food for wildlife on this area".

eh. Just hit goolge earth, look for a location that has the right vegetation types and is off the beaten path, plan a way into that area that puts the wind in your face and just go hunt it. Enjoy the hunt, the experience, and the time in the woods --- it's all good.

Captbob
August 25th, 2009, 05:08 PM
i believe bait refers to actual food like corn, apples, ect. attractants like cmeer deer acron rage buck bombs are scents not actual bait JMO

Slinging
August 25th, 2009, 06:28 PM
that is what I am talking about I know you can't put corn out but some of the products are edible and some are sprays

Duckbill
August 25th, 2009, 07:10 PM
It's a good question. Call the FWC and find out for sure. I'd be interested in hearing the response even though I'm not crazy about using the stuff.

Teh Wicked
August 25th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Most WMA's have a rule saying you cannot bait them with actual food. But nothing is said about scent or lure. Licking is not considering eating. Corn or something that has mass would be considered food.

QuickReflex
August 25th, 2009, 10:01 PM
IDK for sure but I wouldnt be surprised if they say anything consumable is considered bait. wheather it be licking,sucking or eating. Breathing is a little different.

Fldeerslayer
August 26th, 2009, 06:06 PM
I think the answer is no, I remember reading some were that stated no "ingestible attractants"

Slinging
August 27th, 2009, 10:12 AM
I don't see it being any different then putting out doe or buck urine

hoytshooter1981
August 27th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Not sure about other wma's but avon park afr does not allow any thing other that what grows on the ground to be put out...

Up-A-Tree
August 29th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Are you talking about this http://www.wildgameinnovations.com/products/acorn-rage if yes then I think the answer is no.

Slinging
August 30th, 2009, 05:05 PM
your link is bad but I have a spray and a powder I know the powder is a no but the spray is a different story

Fldeerslayer
August 31st, 2009, 05:07 PM
Check this out http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1002339

I e-mailed the FWC but haven't heard back, I'll post back when I do.

n.florida hunte
September 1st, 2009, 04:00 AM
You cannot use any type of feed source beit liquid or solid. The only attractants you can use are like Tinks Code blue things such as that.

soflanut
September 1st, 2009, 08:56 PM
You cannot use any type of feed source beit liquid or solid. The only attractants you can use are like Tinks Code blue things such as that.

You are correct Sir. You can hunt over a natural food source, but not over something that was baited. Comfirmed with FWC.