Archery Talk Forum banner

Your opinions of the Barnett Safari compound bow please.

15K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  nuts&bolts 
#1 ·
Following on from http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=758345 I have been offered a Barnett Safari compound bow. It is most probably nowhere near as good a bow as the Martin Scepter II but I would be very grateful for your opinions.

The box says Barnett Safari but there is no mention of 'Safari' on the limbs or anywhere else on the bow.

The specifications as mentioned on the lower limb are as follows:

Peak weight: 60lbs
Draw length: 30"
Draw length range: 29" to 31"
String length: 36"
Serial number: FY 116 92

Attached are a few pictures for your reference.

Thanks.

Rustam

See less See more
#2 ·
1980's Era Bow

Rustam Bama,
This bow looks like a 1980's Martin Warthog bow that I own. The only difference I see is the finish and mine has a stainless steel cable guide
on it. It's not a bad bow, but not as nice as the newer compond bows
of today. The hold on my 60# bow is 50% of draw weight on most of the newer bows your holding only 20%. It would be a great starter bow as mine was. The value in the USA is probably around $100.00 for a bow of this era.
Hope this is of some help to you and great shooting.

Regards,
CUSTOMNW

#3 ·
Pfuuuuu, from the scepter to this is not a small step :confused:

If you get the bow realy cheap you can buy it to practice and for understanding how a bow works but for a longer time you wont have fun in archery with this bow!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.