Archery Talk Forum banner

simple fast carpet target

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  jrdrees 
#1 ·
I built a target before with wood frame and all thread for the press, and didn't want to deal with all that. So I did this instead.

Wood Circle Dishware Still life photography Platter

I cut the area carpet into 12" widths, lined them up end to end, duct taped the ends together and started rolling. Roll away from you while small to keep it tight and, when it's big enough, roll toward you while giving it a shot with your knee every quarter turn. I have ratcheting ties on it now, but I will replace with plastic banding once I get it a little bigger. Works great and took about an hour.

See less See more
#4 ·
nice!

#5 ·
Thats what i did too. except i had a old 5 gallon wine pail that i slid it into. makes it an "all weather" target. it has stood up for a year so far and i have not even turned it around yet. when the center get punched in, i drop it a few times on the concrete floor in the basement and it evens out again. i am shooting 60# at 5 yards--if you roll it tight enough you will not get an pass thru's!

thanks for showing it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.