Archery Talk Forum banner

2014 surge

804 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Gobbles113 
#1 ·
Hey, does anyone own a PSE surge? And if so how do you like it. Thanks.

#2 ·
I have a Surge, Skullworks,70# limbs, smooth draw, light no vibration, excellent entry level bow, the strings and cable were the only
issue, after a month and a half of fighting peep twist they started coming apart...now I have Vapor Trail, no peep rotation and bow
is a dream to shoot......I prefer single cam and Prophecy was out of budget, no other issues but VT string and cable made world of difference

PSE SW

#3 ·
So you are saying your strings and cables started to come apart after a month and half? I thought the surge is a single cam, if im correct. Cause Im debating between this bow and the bear authority. Dont really want to put money into the bow right as i get it otherwise I will spend the extra money and get a much better bow.

#4 ·
yes the string came apart, I bet if ya talk to enough people here you will find few bows come with good string and cable,
especially in mainline bows, they are better on Pro Line Bows ( Flagship Bows)
the string on all PSE and most others are not pre twisted, this will result in a lot of twist and issues, however I also know
some people are ok with them, hard to believe you could go wrong with a Bear or PSE, if YOU like the bow
it feels good, thats your bow, the Stinger is a super great buy now that it is discontinued, Like I said it was also
one of my choices as well.....

PSE Surge SW 70#....

#5 ·
That's true about the strings and most people usually upgrade there strings after awhile and parts. So I guess it is normal on any bow that this might happen to the string then.

#6 ·
I am perfectly happy with my '14 Surge. I wanted to get back into archery after 50+ years and was looking for a middle priced bow. My Local sells PSE and had the Surge RTS, now he doesn't, I do. I plan on a new custom string before this winter as they say to replace strings every year. So I will do it 6 mo early and have a spare/backup left over. One thing I did do was wrap the riser/grip with black para cord and I am happy I did. The grip is much more comfortable and I won't be gripping a cold bow this winter.
I think you will do just fine with a PSE Surge. I am having a time of my life shooting most every day in my yard. Getting better each time I shoot. The great thing about archery is it's QUIET.
Good arrows are not cheap, but they get cheaper each time you shoot them over and over.
My Surge is the 60# version set at 45lbs for now. I will move it up a little at a time as I get stronger with the draw. I am not a hunter, just a target shooter. The 3d ranges look interesting and fun.
Keep us informed and of your progress. Good Luck
Too Much Fun

#7 ·
I have shot the 2014 Surge as well as the Momentum when I considered selling my Vendetta XL. They both pulled smooth, very little vibration after the shot, and felt good in my hand. It was not enough to convince me to give up my Pro Line style bow for Mainline bow from PSE. If I wanted the 34-36" ATA, Prophecy gets my nod despise the fact it is a bit over budget. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.