Will Co. (IL) - No Bowhunting In Forest Preserves

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    6

    Will Co. (IL) - No Bowhunting In Forest Preserves

    This article was in today's paper.

    I tried posting a link, but my post count is too low. You can find it by Googling "Will Co. panel says no to bows for deer".

    Will Co. panel says no to bows for deer

    May 6, 2010
    By STEWART WARREN

    Officials decided Wednesday not to allow bow hunting of deer in Will County's forest preserves.

    At the suggestion of Commissioner Jim Bilotta, R-Lockport, the members of the operations committee voted against that type of hunting. So that recommendation will be sent to the full board of commissioners. They have the final say on the matter.

    Ralph Schultz, director of planning and operations with the Will County Forest Preserve District, talks with residents in April on the proposed plan to allow deer hunting to help control the local deer population.

    Although the commissioners will talk about the matter again during other meetings, the decision seemed to relieve some people.

    "One down," said Jacqueline Traynere, D-Bolingbrook, after the unanimous vote.

    Like Bilotta and Denise Winfrey, D-Joliet, Traynere doesn't seem to back any kind of public hunting in the forest preserves.

    But that's exactly what the commissioners have been talking about since February. There are too many white-tailed deer living in the county's preserves, causing problems, they say. The animals are killing or damaging valuable plant species. They can spread Lyme disease and cause vehicle accidents. If the population growth isn't checked, the health of the herds could be affected by chronic wasting disease.

    So officials have been talking about a deer management program that might include different ways of culling, or decreasing the number, of deer. County police could be used to kill some of the animals or some kind of birth control could be administered to does.

    But much of the talk over the past few months has revolved around the possibility of allowing bow and shotgun hunting in the preserves. Forest Preserve District President Cory Singer, R-Frankfort, is perhaps the biggest proponent of that plan. Singer was out of town Wednesday and wasn't at the operations committee meeting.

    At the beginning of the meeting, several New Lenox residents who live near Hickory Creek told the committee they opposed public hunting.

    Barbara Healy has lived in the Lincolnwood Hills subdivision for more than 50 years and often sees deer walking through her yard. "They will walk within 30 or 40 feet of us," Healy said. "It would be kind of like shooting fish in a barrel."

    She also wondered what would happen if a hunter wounded it but didn't kill it. Who would put the animal out of its misery?

    Walter Krzak, a local veterinarian who lives at 2651 E. Lincoln Highway in New Lenox, noted that the forest preserve district's study of the situation seemed skewed toward hunting. And he made a point that might seem obvious -- the land is a preserve. Perhaps it would be better to let nature take its course.

    "Man shouldn't interfere," he said.

    Alice Krzak, of 400 Northeast Circle Drive in New Lenox, Krzak's sister and another veterinarian, attended one of the public forums and noticed something about them:

    "I felt (the meeting) was definitely pro hunting."

    Jim Moustis, R-Frankfort and chairman of the operations committee, said he doesn't hunt.

    "I personally have mixed feelings," Moustis said. "But currently I think (Singer) would like us to consider these methods."

    Bilotta doesn't feel the same way.

    "I think we should take the public hunting aspect off the table," he said, adding that it could turn out to be a nightmare for the forest preserve district. Maybe the other options for controlling the problem would be better, he said.

    "If it costs us money, it costs us money," Bilotta said. He asked for a vote against any kind of hunting, but that failed 6-4.

    After more than an hour of discussion, the group decided to make several other recommendations to the full board, including one that would include the possibility of volunteers administering birth control to does.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    23,201
    Thanks for bringing it up Jaxdad and welcome to AT.
    The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard

  4. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    2,465
    thats the worst news I had recieved in a while!!!!!!!!!!
    2009 Elite XLR.....31" Draw
    402g Victory Vforce 350's
    HHA Slider
    QAD Hunter

  6. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  7. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    carroll county, Illinois
    Posts
    2,394
    That sounds about right for tree huggers...let nature take its course..i wonder how they will feel when they have a bunch of sick deer in their yard or the front of their BMW is tore up because the herd wasnt managed....Illinois is great for shutting out hunters and bringing in the D.O.C. and their high powered rifles and shoot everything that walks..that was done by rockford several years ago and a lot deer were left to rot rather drag them all out like was suposed to be done...that line about deer hurting the enviorment, now thats funny...JMO

  8. #5
    My grandma's family used to own lower rock run forest preserve, the McMillians

    It was taken via eminent domain in the 90's by the forest preserve. Our family received $243 an acre. When my great uncle died the original farm house and 1/2 acre on the property at the corner of Empress and Rt 6 sold for 14 million.

    250ish acres at 14 million vs $243

    and I lost my hunting spot to boot.

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO
    Posts
    23,201
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxdad View Post
    ...Walter Krzak, a local veterinarian who lives at 2651 E. Lincoln Highway in New Lenox, noted that the forest preserve district's study of the situation seemed skewed toward hunting. And he made a point that might seem obvious -- the land is a preserve. Perhaps it would be better to let nature take its course....
    Maybe Mr. Krzak. We should start by keeping all people out of nature and isolating the problem behind a large people and deer proof fence.
    The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    2,076
    I heard of the possibility of hunting there, but sort of expected this outcome. Once another At'er commented that biologists make decisions about game rules, not politicians. he wasn't from Illinois.

    let nature take its course. Very nice. wait until the deer starve or eat every thing in her garden one night. Contraceptives? they tried that in northern Cook County and it was expensive and didn't work. Didn't they look into that?

    With everyone upset about taxes, let them explain deer contraception costs to the rest of the people.

    Wounded deer ? how about deer hit by cars? Deer don't die in their beds surrounded by family, they get old , get sick, starve and die. Not any better than a wounded deer.

  11. #8

    will co herd control

    unbeliveable,i attended all the public hearings,ther was no negative outrages at any of them,and actually the folks from the forest preserve were verry pleased on the outcome.Ill be damned if the sharp shooters are going to be the one having all the fun.

  12. #9

    forest preserve hunting

    Just have to vent here,just read another article about a communitys image,what will happen to our community if all of a sudden all these people with dead deer come driving through my subdivision,what a safety issue it will be for dog walkers,joggers,ect,ect its funny i didn't see anything to the concern of the hunter ,what if im in my stand being all good and quiet and along comes thers two guys whom decide to play hide the sausage behind the tree next to be,or thr fact that are forest preserves are so littered ,crap everywhere,these facts are more of a concern that are deer community image. so be it im hunting anyway

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    410
    I live in Will County and have no problem with this, it was to be expected.

    1. You weren't allowed to hunt there to begin with
    2. Suggestion to let hunters there voted down.
    3. You still not allowed to hunt there.

    There are so many cons against allowing hunters in, no one should be surprised.

  14. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Desoto, MO
    Posts
    1,220
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryPF View Post
    I live in Will County and have no problem with this, it was to be expected.

    1. You weren't allowed to hunt there to begin with
    2. Suggestion to let hunters there voted down.
    3. You still not allowed to hunt there.

    There are so many cons against allowing hunters in, no one should be surprised.
    So, Henry, what are the cons to bow hunting deer there? Fewer deer/vehicle accidents, a more stable, healthier herd. Really, are you just trying to stir the pot here or what? I'm sure there is a great website with like-minded people as yourself, why don't you go back there.

    You come on "our" website and obviously don't try to see a hunter's point-of-view. There are many great reasons to hunt deer. You cry and scream about how horrible it is that a deer gets shot. I'll take being hit by an arrow than months without proper nutrition and becoming so weak that a coyote is able to get me and eat me while I'm still alive. I hope that paints a pretty good picture for you, because it happens all the time.

    Please go back to where you came from.

  15. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wilmington Il
    Posts
    4,728
    huh...so Police shooting them over bait at night with lights is not like shooting fish in a barrel? no one likes the public...everyone likes the select
    rich or the well connected...no one wants an avarage guy having a chance
    to fill thier freezer...when its not open to the public they close the FP and
    do what ever they want and don`t tell no one anything..they barrie deer
    shot but say other wise..the can not donate deer meat that contains lead
    at any level..with high power rifles lead is spread though out the deer..they
    can not give it away anymore after finding lead in the meat...bow hunting
    is the best way.....plus no nosie bow hunters know how to stay outa sight
    wonder how the people who live there are going to feel when they here
    shot after shot of the sharp shooters killing deer...people just see the public
    as drunk fat ass stupid idiots...I went to almost all the meetings..Iam
    shocked...funny the people in power or our leaders seem to be clueless,I
    often wonder how they got there..but then I remeber MONEY is everything
    in the world today...I think a few of the board memebers wives threatend to
    cut them off if it went through.......
    15 PSE Decree IC #70 27" DL
    08 PSE Money Maker X LF # 70 27"DL
    GT Ultra light pro 300-400 GT Pro X-Cutter GT Kinetic XT 300

  16. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    n.e. illinois
    Posts
    122
    I live in new lenox,this is the first I've heard of the descision. It's a damn shame.Our taxes are already through the roof. these polotitians and anti-hunting liberal minded people are ridiculous. I was unable to attend any of the meetings but followed closely reading the paper and it almost seemed like a done deal that they would allow hunting. It must of made too much sense.The county could have made alot of money on this deal, but instead they're gonna pay sharpshooters and scientists lots. Not to mention they have to get the meat processed just to be donated. Now eventually this will reflect on our tax bill. How pathetic! This state really sucks!

  17. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post
    So, Henry, what are the cons to bow hunting deer there? Fewer deer/vehicle accidents, a more stable, healthier herd. Really, are you just trying to stir the pot here or what? I'm sure there is a great website with like-minded people as yourself, why don't you go back there.

    You come on "our" website and obviously don't try to see a hunter's point-of-view. There are many great reasons to hunt deer. You cry and scream about how horrible it is that a deer gets shot. I'll take being hit by an arrow than months without proper nutrition and becoming so weak that a coyote is able to get me and eat me while I'm still alive. I hope that paints a pretty good picture for you, because it happens all the time.

    Please go back to where you came from.


    Go back where? Public land hunting that is specifically setup for hunting? In Will County? No such thing.

    Midewin National Tall Grass Prairie


    Lets start with the things you say are for hunting, and I will go against.

    1. These forest preserves border highly populated areas. How many kids are going to see a bloody dieing/dead deer in their backyard that have no idea what hunting is about? This sure helps the hunter out.

    2. Know what it takes to close down multiple preserves for hunting season? Check in / Check out stations, enforcement, dawn to dusk staffing, remember the anyone NOT hunting is not allowed in the park, how is the hunt going to be fair to all, etc. etc. etc.

    3. "If it costs more, then it costs more" - getting sharpshooters to come in during night to kill deer is cheaper than hiring enforcement dawn to dusk.

    4. Liability. Who is responsible if someone gets hurt on or off forest preserve property? It only takes 1 accident to shut down everything.

    5. This was all about politics.

    a. We have a deer problem
    b. Let's get public opinion on it
    c. We do what we want anyhow, screw the public.

    Sound familiar?

    6. If a homeowner asked if there was any danger whatsoever, what would the answer be?

    7. What was the pricing to be to hunt there? Free?

    8. Have you been to some of the Will County forest preserves? Some are a mess and can't be managed to begin with. More work on top of no work just invites disaster.

    I was hoping to hunt in the forest preserves but I am realistic and knew better. When was the last time you thought an elected official actually knew what they were voting on? This was a doomed plan to start with.

    Public opinion or hunter opinion was never in the equation to begin with. This is no different than the Electoral College.

  18. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryPF View Post
    Go back where? Public land hunting that is specifically setup for hunting? In Will County? No such thing.

    Midewin National Tall Grass Prairie


    Lets start with the things you say are for hunting, and I will go against.

    1. These forest preserves border highly populated areas. How many kids are going to see a bloody dieing/dead deer in their backyard that have no idea what hunting is about? This sure helps the hunter out.

    2. Know what it takes to close down multiple preserves for hunting season? Check in / Check out stations, enforcement, dawn to dusk staffing, remember the anyone NOT hunting is not allowed in the park, how is the hunt going to be fair to all, etc. etc. etc.

    3. "If it costs more, then it costs more" - getting sharpshooters to come in during night to kill deer is cheaper than hiring enforcement dawn to dusk.

    4. Liability. Who is responsible if someone gets hurt on or off forest preserve property? It only takes 1 accident to shut down everything.

    5. This was all about politics.

    a. We have a deer problem
    b. Let's get public opinion on it
    c. We do what we want anyhow, screw the public.

    Sound familiar?

    6. If a homeowner asked if there was any danger whatsoever, what would the answer be?

    7. What was the pricing to be to hunt there? Free?

    8. Have you been to some of the Will County forest preserves? Some are a mess and can't be managed to begin with. More work on top of no work just invites disaster.

    I was hoping to hunt in the forest preserves but I am realistic and knew better. When was the last time you thought an elected official actually knew what they were voting on? This was a doomed plan to start with.

    Public opinion or hunter opinion was never in the equation to begin with. This is no different than the Electoral College.
    We hunt a few of the city parks here in bloomington, Archery and Shotgun.

    Contrary to your nanny state ideas we are simply given an orientation to a designated area and are give a week to hunt it. The park is posted at the entrances and all trail heads. The trails are also random taped off and posted.

    The program has been going for 15 years and have saved the city millions of dollar while keeping the deer herd in line. There a also major hunting programs in parks throughout the country.

    You see most of us are responsible, trustworthy, respectful people that care about nature and go out of our way to make these programs successful. We will even self enforce and police any rules when we see other breaking them to keep these great programs thriving.

    There are already 25 or so full time forest preserve police:http://www.reconnectwithnature.org/w...-the-district/

    The Forest Preserve District has its own police force, which is overseen by the Chief of Police and is made up of state-certified police officers who are also trained in conservation law. Our police patrol the forest preserves and offer assistance to preserve users. In addition to ensuring that the preserves remain safe, our police also investigate illegal activities in the preserves such as hunting, trapping, boundary encroachments, and trespassing by all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and snowmobiles.
    So you have no additional costs there. In fact those nobel forest preserve police actually hunt the hell out of the preserves. I've found several trespassing in my grandma's yard. I've also seen them w/ cars full of shed antlers passing them off as found somewhere else after watching them pick them up.

    You are basically very very ignorant to the facts. So I'd advise you check them then get back on here and edit your post w/ a nice apology.

    Your kids seeing animals dying is a straw man argument. All of the rock run preserves have little to no housing around them this goes for 99% of the properties. IF there are any homes they are along the boundaries so a simple 100 yard easement would suffice. Even if they did the odds of that happening are nil. I'm an actuary, probability is my life. You can't bs us.

    If you have any more 'brilliant ideas' just shoot me a PM so I don't have to biznitch slap you again in public, now check your mouth.

  19. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Desoto, MO
    Posts
    1,220
    Quote Originally Posted by lavazhole View Post
    We hunt a few of the city parks here in bloomington, Archery and Shotgun.

    Contrary to your nanny state ideas we are simply given an orientation to a designated area and are give a week to hunt it. The park is posted at the entrances and all trail heads. The trails are also random taped off and posted.

    The program has been going for 15 years and have saved the city millions of dollar while keeping the deer herd in line. There a also major hunting programs in parks throughout the country.

    You see most of us are responsible, trustworthy, respectful people that care about nature and go out of our way to make these programs successful. We will even self enforce and police any rules when we see other breaking them to keep these great programs thriving.

    There are already 25 or so full time forest preserve police:http://www.reconnectwithnature.org/w...-the-district/



    So you have no additional costs there. In fact those nobel forest preserve police actually hunt the hell out of the preserves. I've found several trespassing in my grandma's yard. I've also seen them w/ cars full of shed antlers passing them off as found somewhere else after watching them pick them up.

    You are basically very very ignorant to the facts. So I'd advise you check them then get back on here and edit your post w/ a nice apology.

    Your kids seeing animals dying is a straw man argument. All of the rock run preserves have little to no housing around them this goes for 99% of the properties. IF there are any homes they are along the boundaries so a simple 100 yard easement would suffice. Even if they did the odds of that happening are nil. I'm an actuary, probability is my life. You can't bs us.

    If you have any more 'brilliant ideas' just shoot me a PM so I don't have to biznitch slap you again in public, now check your mouth.
    I love it when that happens. I find it kind of funny that Henry has a PETA sign as his avatar and then says that he wanted to hunt in the forest preserves.

    Here in MO, we have many different conservation areas that are open to bowhunting, others to rifles and bows. There is no enforcement police outside of the conservation agents that are on staff anyway. There is signage that will not allow shooting closer than 150 yards to a building. I can tell you for sure, there is a good population of deer in these areas, but the population is kept in check.

  20. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,123
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxdad View Post

    "If it costs us money, it costs us money," Bilotta said. He asked for a vote against any kind of hunting, but that failed 6-4.

    Spoken like a true liberal. If some hippie tried to use my tax dollars on birth control for deer I'd move out of his jurisdiction. Maybe they could get that crack head lady who likes to hunt for sheds to film them and narrate while they administer the birth control.
    You can't shoot a big one if you shoot a little one first.
    You can't shoot anything if you aren't out trying.

  21. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,123
    Quote Originally Posted by lavazhole View Post
    If you have any more 'brilliant ideas' just shoot me a PM so I don't have to biznitch slap you again in public, now check your mouth.
    Oh no you didn't!
    You can't shoot a big one if you shoot a little one first.
    You can't shoot anything if you aren't out trying.

  22. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    410
    Did you even bother to go to the meetings? Or read the press release? The sites were to be open during the entire archery season dates and 8 sites alone were to include both 1st and 2nd gun season along with the rest of the state. 3 sites were in need for immediate culling. 14 altogether for to be open for bowhunting.

    14 extra preserves closed and to be manned with personnel out of 50+ Will County sites for a group of 25 officers... FOR THE ENTIRE ARCHERY SEASON?

    Did you read the responses from people who didn't want hunting? "The deer are 40 feet away." Does this sound like a good thing to anyone? The same people who complained about no hunting are the same ones complaining about deer eating their bushes in the press release.


    So you have no additional costs there. In fact those nobel forest preserve police actually hunt the hell out of the preserves. I've found several trespassing in my grandma's yard. I've also seen them w/ cars full of shed antlers passing them off as found somewhere else after watching them pick them up.
    What? You are speaking of the 25 officers who patrol the area?




    Bowhunters lost out. Not hunters. They are still considering allowing hunting during the 1st and 2nd season for the cull.

    Feel free to vent at me for being realistic.

  23. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Illinois/New Mexico
    Posts
    13,990
    "If it costs us money, it costs us money," Bilotta said. He asked for a vote against any kind of hunting, but that failed 6-4.

    if you had my will county taxes you would see who is going to pay for this a--hole,these morons could actually make some money for the county and local comunity,yet they would rather spend money shooting and wasting a prime resource.

  24. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    6

    Update

    Below is a recent article on prairiestateoutdoors.com.

    Will County nixes deer hunting

    June 11, 2010 at 02:35 PM
    Deer hunters look unlikely to be part of the solution for deer management in Will County’s forest preserves.

    On Thursday the Will County Board of Commissioners decided to send the issue of deer management back to committee without including the option of opening areas to hunting.

    Instead, the focus will apparently be on sharpshooter programs only.

    At least that’s what Steward Warren reported in a story today in the Joliet Herald-News.

    Writes Warren: “The board members instead decided to send the issue back to committee. And they decided against opening up the forest preserves to hunters.”

    An overabundance of deer in the forest preserves has created problems for vegetation and caused the forest preserve board to consider options.

    One voice in favor of hunters is Forest Preserve District President Cory Singer, R-Frankfort. “There is no reason we couldn’t implement a safe program here,” he said. “Whether we have a hunting program or not, we’re going to have a culling program,” Singer said.

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryPF View Post
    Go back where? Public land hunting that is specifically setup for hunting? In Will County? No such thing.

    Midewin National Tall Grass Prairie


    Lets start with the things you say are for hunting, and I will go against.

    1. These forest preserves border highly populated areas. How many kids are going to see a bloody dieing/dead deer in their backyard that have no idea what hunting is about? This sure helps the hunter out.

    2. Know what it takes to close down multiple preserves for hunting season? Check in / Check out stations, enforcement, dawn to dusk staffing, remember the anyone NOT hunting is not allowed in the park, how is the hunt going to be fair to all, etc. etc. etc.

    3. "If it costs more, then it costs more" - getting sharpshooters to come in during night to kill deer is cheaper than hiring enforcement dawn to dusk.

    4. Liability. Who is responsible if someone gets hurt on or off forest preserve property? It only takes 1 accident to shut down everything.

    5. This was all about politics.

    a. We have a deer problem
    b. Let's get public opinion on it
    c. We do what we want anyhow, screw the public.

    Sound familiar?

    6. If a homeowner asked if there was any danger whatsoever, what would the answer be?

    7. What was the pricing to be to hunt there? Free?

    8. Have you been to some of the Will County forest preserves? Some are a mess and can't be managed to begin with. More work on top of no work just invites disaster.

    I was hoping to hunt in the forest preserves but I am realistic and knew better. When was the last time you thought an elected official actually knew what they were voting on? This was a doomed plan to start with.

    Public opinion or hunter opinion was never in the equation to begin with. This is no different than the Electoral College.
    You are just so wrong on so many accounts ..... Sheesh ~!! First off let me say I have set up a bow hunting program in a town here in NW Indiana many years back and it is still going strong to this day....Bowhunting and hunting in an Urban setting go hand in hand. It is very effective . Over 500 deer have been removed by bowhunters In Beverly Shores Indiana since 2001....The hunters may be on as little as a half acre or as much 7 acres in the town....it depends on the location of the land owners property....there has been no problems in recovery and the home owners OVERWHELMINGLY support the hunters. This is with in eye site of Chitcago, just across the lake...... The forest preserves are ideal for urban bowhunters ....heck hundreds of towns thru out the country use bowhunters as do many many preserves and parks.....you need to wise up to the effectiveness of urban bowhunting, and bowhunting in general .....
    Liberalism is a mental disorder
    "Suck it up, Butter cup" ... aHidden Content poor wittle Snowflakes ....

  26. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    middletown pa
    Posts
    2,703
    around here there are programs in state parks and millitary bases. I believe they require a pretest [with a passing score]and restrict weapons to bows and shotguns give each hunter a sector to hunt. this fills freezers and saves tax dollars.
    I have taken many deer in subdivisions. as a matter of fact its one of my big buck finding tactics and works well

  27. #24
    These people are blind... unfortunate. As I live in Kankakee County, I was hopeful to get a chance at some great deer hunting.

    Awful news for the preserve, awful news for the deer, awful news for the residents.

    Kind of ironic how they all want lower taxes but are willing to put up money for private hunters...

    These are typical comments out of non-hunters who have no clue how deer hunting is administered in Illinois let alone how much money it brings in for the state and local governments.

  28. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Northeast IL
    Posts
    177
    Spineless tree huggers. I figured the meetings were a waste of our time and energy. Nothing more than a scharade with the outcome already predetermined. Sad, it woud have opened up some good ground and helped the deer herd to boot. Can't get that through to the tree huggers, they'd rather see them starving in their backyard than be properly managed and healthy. Gotta love living in commy chicagoland.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. IL Forest Preserves
    By El Fuego 24 in forum Bowhunting and Bowhunter Showcases
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: January 30th, 2010, 02:55 PM
  2. illinois forest preserves
    By homewudhilbilly in forum Bowhunting and Bowhunter Showcases
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: January 4th, 2010, 03:21 PM
  3. The "Forest Gump" of bowhunting
    By rraming in forum Traditional Archery
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: August 13th, 2008, 05:38 PM
  4. Hunting Preserves
    By Bowtech_05 in forum Bowhunting and Bowhunter Showcases
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 2nd, 2006, 08:45 PM
  5. Keep forest preserves free of recreational hunters
    By Tim4Trout in forum Legislation and Hunting Rights
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: January 12th, 2006, 10:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



 
replycount: 25