Archery Talk Forum banner

Parts for your Horton Crossbows

49K views 48 replies 35 participants last post by  Patkondziola 
#1 ·
ATTN: All Customers Owning Horton Crossbows

As many of you now know, a few weeks ago, Horton Crossbows shut their doors for good. The name and patents have been bought by another crossbow company, but they did not purchase the supply of repair parts & accessories. They will also not be providing service or warranty for any existing Horton Products.

Please be wary of purchasing any remaining Horton inventory from stores or websites as getting parts and service will be very limited.

If you currently own a Horton and want to get any repair parts to have on hand. I have gotten in touch with the liquidator that is handling all of their inventory. I will be placing an order shortly for any parts people may want.

Please contact me if you want to add anything to this order.

#33 ·
A buddy of mine has recently had an extremely dangerous situation arise with his Horton Brotherhood. When the crossbow's safety is moved to the fire position the crossbow goes off firing the bolt without touching the trigger at all. I offered to research his options for him which he understands may be limited due to the buyout by Tenpoint. Two local shops have refused to even touch the crossbow.

I've read that the Hortons have had recalls in the past with the anti dryfire mechanism and he and I both wonder if parts are available. Is this safety issue something that can be dealt with by an individual?

He isn't thrilled with the thought of possibly having to replace a crossbow that is only a couple years old due to the buyout and Tenpoint not supporting Horton products.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

#34 ·
Dpete
I shot for Horton for over six years, so if you pm me with as many details and as much explination as to what hapened ill try to help. As far as the Ten Point situation goes, let me explain it a little. Ten Point did not buyout Horton. The bank took over control of Horton and proceded to shut the company down. They then put everything up for sale, basicly a glorified garage sale. Ten Point came in and purchased select items. They purchased some tooling and equipment, and basicly some legal documents. Licensing and patent rights as well as the right to use the Horton name. They didn't buy any existing bows or parts, that was all bought by someone else. The actual company "Horton Archery " was disolved by the bank.

#36 ·
Tenpoint made the right business call in buying only the assets and intellectual property and not having to deal with any of the legacy headaches.

I have a Fury and havent had any issues. If I do and it cant be fixed - Ill probably end up getting a Parker. I don't see any value in Tenpoint xbows.

#38 ·
Hey guys wondering if anyone knew where to still get any parts for these Hortons. Im looking for the plastic flipper lever thats up by the full draw point. believe its the anti dry fire lever? Its the Horton Team Realtree.
Only place I have found is eBay and the remaining stock of parts for sale is getting smaller and more expensive. Now that the season is over some parts are selling a little lower.

Although I haven't had any problems, I actually bought an entire used but like new Vision 175 as a parts x-bow with shipping costs for less than half the original price. Kind of a fluke, it went up after the season ended and not many bidders were following it. I've seen other units with issues sell for much more money. Figure the investment will be cheaper than buying a new x-bow.

Good luck hope you find your parts.

#41 ·
I was looking for a part for my Horton Legacy. I heard that TenPoint bought them so I called. Talked to someone who explained that they only bought parts of the Horton company. They gave me info on where I might be able to get parts from a store in Tennessee. I e-mailed hortonpartshelp@aol.com and got connected with The Crossbow Shop. Sounds like he has lots of parts still for sale. Give that a shot!

#43 ·
You can find crank cockers on e-bay and amazon but they are still very expensive. I tried finding a sled for the 175 a year ago to no avail. You can find what's called a RDT sled that can be used on the 175 but it's loose.