Archery Talk Forum banner

Bosch insanity cpxl or Hoyt T vector

4K views 57 replies 24 participants last post by  HOYT'n em! 
#1 ·
Bowtech insanity cpxl or Hoyt T vector

It's come time to buy a new bow. It's down to the Hoyt turbo vector or Bowtech insanity cpxl. I have shot both, and they both feel great. I personally give the edge to the cpxl. My dilemma is I heard of various issues with Bowtech in Canada when or if repairs are ever needed. Customer service is a big thing when I purchase anything. I learned my lesson a few years ago when my Mathews blew apart and couIldn't get limbs for 2 months. I ended up buying another bow.

Now the to the T vector. It also shot good. Both bows were not tuned, just a quick set up. There is a lot of talk with the dreaded tail left tear. It's a lot of moula to put down on a bow that may present tuning issues.

I'm looking for some insight on Bowtech customer service in Canada, or any other issues with the cpxl.

As well, for those who own or have shot the T vector, what are your thoughts on tuning etc.

Thanks for your input in advance.

#3 ·
My vt was easy to tune and I liked it better than my BT had the insanity while a little faster out I the gates it seemed to lose energy down range with a heavy arrow my VT is hammering the target...not to mention you don't have to worry about the limbs peelin had mine for about a week outside once and started chipping at the edges

#9 ·
How the heck does the same that leaves the bow at a faster speed lose more energy ? I'm assuming they are both are tuned .this sounds like some fanboy bs.The insanity is one of most tunable bows out there and vector is dang near imposable to tune.

#12 ·
How the heck does the same that leaves the bow at a faster speed lose more energy ? I'm assuming they are both are tuned .this sounds like some fanboy bs.The insanity is one of most tunable bows out there and vector is dang near imposable to tune.
No, THAT comment sounds like uneducated fanboy BS. There's NOTHING impossible about tuning a VT if you know what you're doing.

There's already been several posts on AT about the insanity losing energy at a higher degree with heavier arrows than some other bows. Look it up.

#4 ·
i like the vectors ten times better than the insanity, i would not own an insanity...just my opinion. if you have a GREAT dealer, i wouldnt be worried about getting a bowtech, but if you question it...get the hoyt, no doubt. you will probably never have to use hoyt customer service, but if you do...they will do anything and everything to get you fixed up. a friend of mine dropped his hoyt out of a tree, landed on the cam...the axle was tweaked a little bit, and they couldnt figure it out....sent the bow to hoyt...they called him and told him the axle was bent and they fixed it and it was on its way back....when he got it back, they put new cams, axles, and strings and cables on it, and sent him back his old ones, and the good axle! personally, hoyt for me.

#5 ·
Bowtech really did themselves a disservice when they named the CPXL an Insanity CPXL. The Insanity is a 6" brace height 32" speed bow, while the Insanity CPXL is a 7" brace height 35" bow. You'd be surprised at how many people say they didn't like the Insanity when I tell them what I'm shooting, and then realize that I'm shooting an entirely different bow than what they didn't like.

I did not like the Insanity and would choose the Vector Turbo over the Insanity. However, I've had my Insanity CPXL for a just a few days, and so far, it's an absolute pleasure to shoot, and that and the Matrix RKT are my favorite bows of the year.

#6 ·
We've never had an issue with Bowtech's customer service at the shop, which I believe all the horror stories of inadequate service might be more dealer related than what we've hear on AT lol. But either way their CS is much much better than it used to be. They've put a new anorock like finish on the latest shipments of insanity limbs which seems to have solved the issues of the peeling. But even if your limbs do start peeling they've been really good about replacing them under warranty, around here anyway. Both tuned very easy after only a couple of shots. I don't know what all the fuss about when it comes to tuning the VT. It came down to the grip and overall balance for me which is why I went with the Vector Turbo. Both were lightning fast, smooth, shock free, and quiet. I just seem to shoot Hoyts very well. Hope this helps and good luck with your decision!

#7 ·
Don't buy in to all the mess about the Vector Turbo being so hard to tune, the "dreaded" left tear, and all the other fallacies that are circling around on AT about the bow. The truth is, if you have a dealer that knows anything at all about how to yoke tune the new Hoyt bows, all these "problems" are pretty much a mute point. When I bought my Turbo, it had the left tear issue. It took all of ten minutes of my dealer putting a few twists in one yoke, and taking a couple out of the other side, and the bow was shooting bullet holes. As others have said, there is some cam lean, and whether or not you buy into all the cam lean myths is up to you. I personally have not seen any adverse effects, and the yoke tuning that was done on my bow took most of it out anyway. The fact is, the Vector Turbo is a sweet shooting bow, AND it's one of the fastest, smoothest shooting bows on the market, hands down.

As far as the Insanity is concerned... I have NEVER been even remotely a fan of Bowtech. But, I shot the Insanity the same day I shot my VT, and it was the ONLY bow I shot that made my decision hard on buying the Turbo. It's the only Bowtech I've ever shot that I've liked... and I REALLY liked it. The Turbo edged out the Insanity as far as having a smoother draw, and it's definitely faster, so the Turbo is what I went with. But, If I was going to buy a second bow, I'd take an Insanity in a heartbeat. Truthfully, I dont think You can go wrong either way.

#10 ·
I went to the local pro shop to purchase the Insanity. I was shocked that I left with the Hoyt VT. I love bowtech bows but the VT just won me over. The turbo tunes easy with the correct arrow spine and some yoke adjustments. I have to admit that I did not like the stock strings on the VT but over the years I have always got rid of stock strings anyway. I would probably be happy with both bows but the fit, finish and feel of the VT just hooked me. The Hoyt does torque easy but after some practice I got use to not letting it torque. The bow is quiet and very fast. JMHO

#14 ·
Shot both alot and the they both lose speed the same as arrow weight is increased.he said the arrow lost more energy down rage after leaving the insanity faster .as long as they are both tuned his comment is incorrect .I have tuned both and the cpxl is way easier to tune.I don't own either but they are both my kind of bow.I would like vt better if it did not a roller guard.Cam lean is not a good thing.

#16 ·
Look Hoyt n em! I most certainly know how tune a bow but the insanity is alot easier to to tune , I have tuned vt and it had to have cam lean to get bullet holes and the insanity does not need any cam lean to shoot bullet holes.

#18 ·
Well then, you may know how to tune an Insanity, but it's VERY OBVIOUS that you don't know SQUAT about tuning the Vector Turbo! Mine shoots bullet holes right now, with almost no cam lean at ALL! 10 minutes worth of yoke tuning was all it took to GET it to that point. Let me get this straight... You dont actually OWN either one, but you're an expert on TUNING them?? Give me a break.

#19 ·
My 07 xforce tunes without any cam lean.the hoyt roller guard require you to add cam lean at rest so the cam straighten out at full draw.I tune them on my draw board.

#21 ·
I did not know I had to own one to know how to tune one.damm cracker must own alot of bows ?that sound you hear is the short bus pulling up to take you to archery school.

#24 ·
Well obviously I know more about tuning the Turbo than you do, so you might want to reserve YOURSELF a seat on that bus there, buddy. And I SERIOUSLY doubt that you are in the same league as Crackers when it comes to tuning expertise.

#25 ·
I work part time at a shop and I have shot both. Normally, i shoot a Hoyt, but I personally like the CPXL better than the VT. It looks quite unique, its fast, draws good. The only thing i do not like about the CPXL, is the hold and valley.

#26 ·
it does look cool... those HUGE cams definitely draw attention!

#27 ·
Look I'm no bowtech fanboy or any brand fanboy but the cpxl is much better bow than vt and we all know it ,it's just some of us won't own up to it .It does every thing better and I mean every thing.

#30 ·
Look I'm no bowtech fanboy or any brand fanboy but the cpxl is much better bow than vt and we all know it ,it's just some of us won't own up to it .It does every thing better and I mean every thing.
REALLY NOW??? Is THAT SO???:set1_rolf2::ROFLMAO::moviecorn

Says the educated voice of an obviously self proclaimed expert. Tell me, mr. expert... what proof do you have of this, other than YOUR opinion?? I'd LOVE to see you test that "theory".

#29 ·
Bowtech's CS has and continues to improve. The factory gets some bad press and most of time it's really the dealer. You should have no problems as long as you have a good dealer. Only thing I heard is at 32" DL, it may make a noise at full draw. According to a great tuner it is fixable, if present.

The Hoyt is tunable too, but not as easily as the CPXL. I'm sure those who have done both will atleast attest to that, but ya never know on this place. As for choice, go with your gut. Both are awesome bows and your choice is the only one that matters.

#31 ·
I have heard the insanity loses speed but why would that bow and not others. I am not bashing you Onepin and can see you are in a jam and I don't want to get on your bad side or make you mad. I am not a expert at tuning any bows so I just am curious to why one bow would. Onepin are you saying the VT has a flatter trajectory but isn't that because of speed? Also Onepin, hope you get out of this jam since you have made some other memebers mad! Good luck bud!

#38 ·
The isanity doe's not loose speed any faster than other bow when you shoot heavier arrows.the vt dose not shoot any flater than cpxl.I'm not in any jam just some fanboys got there feeling hurt by the truth.I'm just saying I can tune the cpxl in 1/2 The time take me to tune a vt.they both good bows but as far accuracy goes the cpxl has the advantage.

#35 ·
Just picked up my VT today. Had a left tear at first and with a few twist on the yokes it was shooting bullet holes. Shot it at 40 yards this afternoon and was getting as good or better groups than I usually do with my target rig. I don't have any experience with the Insanity but I think you'll be more that satisfied with a Vector Turbo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.