Archery Talk Forum banner

Martin Archery in 2013

20K views 167 replies 97 participants last post by  ClydeWigg3 
#1 ·
Dear Martin Friends and Family;

We wanted to share some news of positive changes taking place at Martin Archery. Gail Martin, our founder and elder statesman, has finally decided to cut back his involvement in the company and enjoy some well earned fishing time. To partially fill the gap that Gail will leave, a new CEO and National Sales Manager came on board to strengthen the Martin Archery team. With the addition of these new experienced executives, Martin Archery is moving forward with an aggressive marketing plan and new strategies that will benefit everyone associated with Martin Archery.
Martin Archery’s major focus area for 2013 will be to strengthen the product line for Pro Shops and aggressively partner with them. We will be looking at ways to increase market presence and sales through faster order delivery times as well as continually improving quality control, and better customer service.
Our 2013 line will keep the best of our current models complimented by the introduction of three new bows. We will have the strongest bow lineup Martin Archery has ever produced. Eleven uniquely different models will make up a Pro and Gold series that will surely please the whole cross section current and future Martin customers.
We will keep you updated as these new products are near completion. This is an exciting time for the future of Martin Archery.

Martin Archery

See less See more
#2 ·
Ya thats what im talkin about, good job Martin,glad to see everything going in a positive way.......................:thumbs_up:darkbeer:

#3 ·
Any clues on the three new models?Oh and I hope you guys are more aggressive in WA are home state All the proshops here locally don't stock Martin and if the do its usually one two last year model bows.Martin is built in WA let's see some local pride and get them more available in local shops as well.If you need some one to talk to shops locally let me know, I've always wanted to try martins rytera pro line and will knock on doors so to speak to get some eyes open to try a great locally made bow.

#102 ·
Yes please bring back the Nitrous-X Cams!!!!! I would love to see a bow similar to the Alien-X or Bullet-X with Nitrous X cams on it.

#16 ·
that's great news...................i really believe that they had to do something soon......

good aggressive action in place.....
i wouldn't mind going back to martin..............as long as they can get some quality back into their bows..

#17 ·
I wish the legendary Mr. Gail Martin the very best!

- nitrous cams! At least compare the nitrous cam to the Furious cam to understand where at least one thing went hugely wrong.
- Quality control improvements in component building AND bow assembly.
- Marketing. A bigger presence in 3D. The Rytera Alien-Z could be winning more and be much more popular in 3D and spots.
- Marketing. Martin archery is dead in a large part of the country. Bow hunting is HUGE with long seasons in the south and southeast yet Martin has chosen to virtually ignore this large market. At one time Martin was big in the northeast and down through Virginia. Not so now.

How do the changes effect or will Rytera be effected in any way?

#19 ·
i will say that i've noticed that martin sales in my local shop have really trailed off..................& according to the shop owner he was or is really close to dropping them and take the full line of bear on instead. But knowing him he will suffer thru the quality issues.....and poor machining and camo jobs.......as well as the loud and vibrating shot.

I don't see as many now on the range. Hopefully that will change.
I did like my first 2009 martin Bengal.............but not my second.....
should've kept the first lol

#22 ·
that sounds great ! i have not shot martins for a while . because com-paired to other models they was loud at the shot and i had some limb problems . i have not shot since 2007.and i see martin has raised bar since, i quit shooting them . i always admired martin because of low prices . i cant wait to shoot one may put me back in drivers seat of a martin again . sounds great! SERVICE HAS ALWAYS BEEN GREAT and its time for a speed bow !

#93 ·
I second the speed bow. that is one thing that they are lacking imo, i like the PSE dreamseason line and they speed they generate. I am a Martin shooter and have only shot the current bow i have and all i can say is when i was shooting at a indoor range other bows people were shooting were louder then mine and we had the same thing on our bows for sound dampening.

#27 ·
Focus ,, on a short draw fast bow ,,for guys like me ....Martin has done pretty good here but, could be better at marketing it..I am still wanting a Crossfire to try...And plain on getting one some way...There is a lot you guys do right,,light wt,fast,Reasonable prices etc... but, bows coming from factory could be set to specs/time better...as this takes away from the good..
I have been a Martin guy...sense my first bow a Martin Speed demon ...

#28 ·
Great to hear this. Hope you have a great 2013! Can't wait to see the new bows. All of the best. Just bought my first Martin bow after shooting Hoyt for many years. Martin is picking up here in South Africa - at last!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.