Archery Talk Forum banner

ELITEs sale themselves

2K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  Daboot162 
#1 ·
I had my E35 at work over the weekend and a coworker that has been a Mathews shooter for a long time was there. We took 3 medical gloves and blew them up to about 5 inches across. Then we took them and taped them to the target. I told him "I bet I can pop the gloves with 3 arrows on the first attempt". He said Ok lets see it. Normally everyone shoots from 20 yards. We started walking away from the target. When I got to 30 yards I looked around and he was back at the 20 yard line and yelled at me...."Where are you going?". I told him "back to here". HERE was 40 yards back from the target. He walked back to where I was at 40 yards and said "this is a good stretch". I told him to pick the gloves and I would shoot the one he picked. I hit them 3 for 3. His only reply was..."Dam!" Now I take no credit for being a great shot. 80% of this was the equipment.

I took him up to 20 yards and let him shoot 3 arrows and he fell in love with the bow. Of course he asked where he could get one and I gave him the number to the dealer near us. He got on the phone and bought a Hunter from last year that they had in stock and reduced.

If you can get folks to shoot one......they sell themselves.

Once again......"THANKS AT and LANCASTER ARCHERY FOR THE ELITE"

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I agree that the equipment does help in some way but I don't think it would account for 80% of those shots...u can have the most expensive equipment in the world but of u have no skill at shooting it won't matter....don't sell urself short man...I don't think u would have stepped back to 40 yards if u didn't feel confident u could make the shot

I do believe they sell themselves tho....I shot an energy 32 this weekend and it definitely sold itself...I'm gonna start saving up to get one...either the 32 or the 35

#5 ·
I'm a big Mathews fan but might pick up a E35 or wait to see what they come out with next year. My daughter will get her Spirit this weekend. My wife would get a sweet deal if she bought the other Spirit the dealer has but she likes her PSE Verge Stiletto even though it is 1/2 short. My wife felt that the Spirit was a bit "mechanical" in it's draw cycle compared to her Stiletto.

#9 ·
I hear you, My wife has two PSE stilettos (2012,2013) and will not think about shooting anything else. She likes the way the Spirit looks but just will not leave the Stiletto because of the speed she gets out of it and the draw cycle. (she is only a 23.5 draw)

#11 ·
You convinced a guy you could hit a 5" object at 40y's because it was the bow....AMAZING. but you should feel bad deceiving anyone like that. love the 80% was bow and 20% you for pointing it in general direction haha....

Some people are blessed they shouldn't be taken advantage of

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.