Archery Talk Forum banner

Shipping a Crossbow?

17K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Moon 
#1 ·
Questions on shipping a Crossbow.
Can you ship a crossbow utilizing the Case?
what is the best shipping service?
What is the most reasonable,cost wise?
Any information would be helpful!

Thanks much.

#2 ·
I would take the bow off the stock. Use the original box if possible or use a good box and packaging to insure the bow is cushioned and protected.

FedEx is a good way to ship as is the US Mail. Shipping by US Postal Service use priority mail and insure the package for what the contents is worth. Same with FedEx, buy the needed insurance. Get a delivery confirmation so you know it was definitley delivered!

#3 ·
SPECIAL -

If the case is a fitted case...yes...ship it complete. Do not take it apart.
That's the way Bow Tech ships their Stryker bows.

If your case is something other than a crossbow fitted case, then yea...take it apart and ship it in a smaller container.

Mike

#5 ·
Bowtech ships them assembled

because they are not easily assembled or taken apart. Ten Points and Excals can be shipped in much smaller packages if the bow and risers are taken apart from the barrel and stock which can be easily done.

#6 ·
Bowtech ships them assembled because they are not easily assembled or taken apart.
Correct.
It's also because the assembled bow fits snugly in its....fitted case! No need to take down a bow that fits in a fitted case...or am I missing something?

As for the "oversized" case...sorry, don't know on that question. The outfit you ship with will best answer that one.

Mike

#7 ·
Specialized,

Recently purchased a package from Wyvern, it was sent to me in a hardcase with all the accessories packed in the hardcase which was packed in a cardboard shipping box.Dave paid the freight so I don't know costs but was shipped Fedx.The bow was sent assembled with the scope mounted.
Steve

#8 · (Edited)
Stryker does

Desert Stryker does not. They ship it in a carboard box, which is ok with me. It's what's inside the box that counts:):) Even the Stryker case is shipped in a cardboard box. I would NOT ship a crossbow in only a flimsy plastic case and that is not to degrade Plano or Flambeau. IMHO they were not designed for that purpose but I may be wrong.

If the Stryker and Desert Stryker's bow and riser could be easily removed for shipping and re-assembled easily by the dealer I would bet they would, but for the technology these bows offer, shipping carton size tends to be a non issue IMHO :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.