Archery Talk Forum banner

Team 2 - FanAddicts

5K views 102 replies 12 participants last post by  SJunior 
#1 ·
Congratulations! Here is your team for the 9th Annual Archerytalk Turkey Contest! Please begin by signing in and having 1 member send a PM to each of the remaining members advising them of what team they are on with a link to this thread. Use this thread for discussion purposes including posting trail camera pictures, discussing tactics, etc. Discuss among yourselves a team name and have your team come to a majority. Once a team name is chosen, have one of your teammates post it in the Team Name Registration thread. Please keep your team in the loop as the season goes on. Hunt smart and have a safe and successful season! Good luck to each and every one of you!

4IDARCHER
Bigsho69
Chall08
GoosebyFLuFLu
IA Monsterbuck
jason060788
kstrent13
ksubigbuck
SJunior
WVDXT

#36 ·
Team timbergoose. I'm in Missouri snow goose hunting lol. Its on my mind.

#38 ·
Fan Addicts is fine by me.

Saw 3 strutters yesterday morning, starting to get anxious.

#40 ·
Ive been seeing a few more come out to the fields on my way to work. Pumped for turkey season.

#48 ·
Looks good Kstrent. Season is less than 2 weeks ago. Im pumped.

#49 ·
Well crap. I had two great hunts on Saturday, but unfortunately missed a nice tom. My bullhead was so close I might have chopped off part of his snood. I was in a 4 acre cut corn field and about 30-40 birds pitched into it. At one point I counted 10 toms strutting at once. None of the jakes were strutting. After an hour and a half one of the toms broke off and started heading my way, drumming the whole time. At 15 yards he started getting very nervous. When I drew he starting walking away slowly. I shot at approx 20 yards and just barely missed. Of course he started putting and the whole flock got nervous and moved out. That afternoon I hunted the opposite corner of the same field and saw a lot of birds, but none showed any interest. Easily the most birds I have ever seen in one day.

#54 ·
I'm going to hit it hard this weekend. Had today off but its 33 here. Any other Iowa guys out yet?

#57 ·
Stuck a nice one today. Will post up pics in a bit. Between 25-26lb, 11in beard and one spur was 1 1/2 the other was just shy of 1 1/2. Nice bird! Was an action packed morning in the blind. Had several toms and jakes come in with the hens. My good buddy and I each shot one and passed on several others all between sunup and 9:00ish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.