Archery Talk Forum banner

Muzzy Trocar???

55K views 196 replies 62 participants last post by  jdcamo 
#1 ·
Anybody tried these yet?

#5 ·
It looks like a ST without one of the blades.

#7 ·
#10 ·
Ive used the Blitz and like them, great flight and nasty holes. Website says .035 blades, think thats thicker than the MX series. Also about $30 for six heads, Wasp i think, was the last to have a price in that range. Might have to pick some up.

#13 ·
Personally, I see three blades as opposed to four, angled blades as opposed to straight, a fat steel trocar as opposed to a slim shank style and different mounting of the blades. At a glance they may resemble eachother but I think the differences in the subtle characteristics will make different aspects of their performance unique.

I like how offset blades make contact with ribs almost horizontally, guaranteeing it will break them out of the way as opposed to slicing in between them. That's where some two blade hits did me wrong in the past where they slid between ribs and as the deer ran it would open and close the wound hindering blood on the ground. Tricks having four blades will do the same thing and still leave a larger hole but the 3 offset blades should be close and with less friction. The fat steel shank looks like my Grizz trick 125s w/ more of a trocar tip and at only 100grs. which is preferred to just a pointy tip for me. I think it has potential and if I were already a Muzzy shooter I wouldn't hesitate trying them.

#26 ·
They also switched owners this year. so if you tried the old muzzys they could be different now that Rage bought them.

#18 ·
Looks like a great head, I just hope that eliminated the quality issues they had before. I used to shoot muzzy 3 blade 100's but turned away from them after some of the packs I was buying had 2 or 3 that wouldn't spin true. I switched and haven't really looked back but I could see myself trying some of these.

#24 ·
Ditto for me. I got tired of havin to buy a dozen heads to get six that would spin true. Sometimes switching out the tips would help, but I eventually switched to a steel ferrule.

#27 ·
Going to stick with the old 75's and the new 75 mx3's for now. Been a loyal Muzzy guy for about 12yrs before that Rocky Mtn . If they change the original or turn into an " expandable " co., I'm going to tricks ! Haven't heard many good things about the co. that purchased them. Forgot the name of the co. ,but they make rage and a few other archery items.

#30 ·
I'm looking forward to trying them in 100g deep6

#31 ·
They retail for $29.95 for a 3-pack the website has been corrected and yes they are similar but there are more subtle changes as well and the increased blade cutting width will definitely do more damage and they fly like a bullet! Blade sharpness is excellent and definitely a sticky point we are very concerned with and doing something to ensure they come extremely sharp!
.035 blades is correct and they are extremely tough and durable heads with the all hardened steel, 1 piece ferrule.

#32 ·
They look really good Mark. I appreciate your opinion and clarification on a few concerns. I typically shoot both fixed and mechanical broadheads and have for long shot slick tricks because they are a good steel head. However, I like having an alternative choice now with the same appealing aspects and materials but with the angled blades. Personally, I have always preferred angled blades for reasons mentioned above. The fact that its original design is so proven makes this head even more intriguing.

#33 ·
I might try them. It will be a first for me in awhile, because honestly I never could get muzzy to spin well. I would spend 30 minutes trying to mix and match points and ferrules trying to get them to spin.
If quantity control is up to par this head looks like a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#36 ·
Are they coming in Deep Six as well?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.