Archery Talk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bow-A-Constrictor Bow Press.

65K views 530 replies 64 participants last post by  gad 
#1 ·
I noticed there is no thread in this section on the Bow-a-constrictor Bow Press so thought I should start one with links to the Bow-a-constrictor website and also the youtube videos showing just how good this press is. The Bow-a-constrictor press is legendary and considered by many professional bow technicians to be the finest bow press available at any price. Many guys that own a Bow-a-constrictor bow press started off with a linear press and upgraded to the Bowa for the added safety and the ability to press any bow or crossbow ever made. With the addition of the quick draw and tune accessory there is just about nothing that this press can't do. The drill attachment accessory turns it into a motorized press by just connecting a cheap battery drill in place of the hand crank. The designer and builder of the press is Frank Schneider and you will not find a nicer guy to deal with, he will go out of his way to make sure you are 100% happy with your press. Prices are available on the website and Frank will answer any inquiries promptly either through his website or via PM.

https://buckeyearcherysolutions.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XkAD_D0XF8

#135 ·
Here is an interesting statistic. I was just notified tonight by my powder coater that the parts for this press run are ready to pick up - and i will do that tomorrow. But there are 8 orders in this run & 5 out of the first 6 are going to Australia. Like I said, interesting stuff right there. Word is getting out, and for what its worth - I am trying to catch up. More to come on that topic very soon. Thanks for the info. and support.

#137 ·
not surprising i've been telling guys in the aus bowhunting forum the bowa is the only way to go had to laugh at one dude saying "it was pricey" i put him in in his place lol
as frank knows because i emailed him the link

btw 1 of those presses frank talks about is mine i'm chewin at the bit to get my grabby hands on it too (once frank emails me with postage payment details) i'm getting a twitch lol
yup aussiedude i lived up to my word an ordered one after my talk with you an frank

#139 ·
woooohooooooooooooo frank gave me notice yesterday my press is ready wooooooohooooooooooo lol

enjoy that beer frank :wink: .............only wish i could come help you out mate (i know aussiedude would be there too with bells on lol)

#141 ·
Okay..Aussiedude and several of the others have my interest piqued...I've been contemplating taking the plunge and am on the verge and it's between the Apple, Last Chance, and NOW the bowa...Is the Bowa as good as I'm hearing it is? And, what are the actual advantages over the others listed. What's the price point? How long does it take to build and ship out? Etc...I'm extremely interested now. I'm looking at attending the PSE tech course and potentially a couple others as I'd like to learn more and do more with my archery equipment. A bow press is one the list of first things I need to purchase. So, someone please HELP!!!

#142 ·
part of the answer is Frank is a one man show meaning he builds his presses from scratch an has nothing but pride in what he does it's "only the best will do"
so it's not half assed or "ahh that'll do it's close enough" the bigger companies you named are all about the bottom line ie. "MONEY" get it done cheap as possible
an make $$$ where as frank does it all pretty much alone (sometimes has help for final assembly)

the other thing with Frank is customer service it's top notch meaning he goes out of his way to help new customers an old (before an after purchase)
all his replies to me have been with in 1 day....

think about this Frank is a 1 man band yet he has customers all over the world who recommend him to many, many other people that says something
for the man. guys like aussiedude an me could of ordered an shipped cheaper presses but thats not what we wanted or are about we wanted QUALITY
an to buy from someone who has an takes pride in the product hence why aussiedude an now me an sooooooooo many others boast about the bowa
an Frank as a person...

#145 ·
I purchased the Bowa from Frank and went to see his shop and operation before placing my order. He uses top grade material and doesn't skimp on anything. He will not let any press go out his shop door without it being perfect. I own an archery shop and use the Bowa a lot and it always works flawlessly and is so easy to operate. I opted for the attached draw board and is has saved me time and money. I cant recommend this press enough as I truly believe it is the best on the market and Frank stands behind every single press that leaves his shop. The Bowa is made in Ohio so it is made in the USA which is awesome.

#148 ·
i'll second that an raise this one back up..............

my press is on it's way woooooohoooooooo "does back flip" ..........."ouch s>>t that hurt"............"injured now lets out a shallow wooohooo" :lol:

anyway thank Frank you've been awesome bud even with all my "oi whats going on" emails you're an awesome man mate hope i can buy you a beer or 3
sometime soon in person

#150 ·
Frank you are the MAN!!!! bowa arrived today save an sound damn mate when you pack something you really!! pack it well my knife got a good workout lol
the workmanship is 2nd to none most definitely worth the wait thank you frank for building me an awesome press!!

anyone who is debating buying one of Franks presses DON'T!! just do it you won't be sorry Frank is awesome to deal with!!

#155 ·
Well receive my bow a the other day, not sure I really care for it; it makes things WAY to easy;) Didn't have to fight or worry about anything. It didn't take long to assemble it, actually took longer to open the package and remove all the wrap that was on it for protection, and was SUPER easy to set up for my bow. All I can say is wow. Great press, Frank Thank you very much!

#161 ·
Many press manufacturers are tweaking their designs to make them more user and bow friendly which is admirable but none of them offer the safety and functionality of the Bow-a-constrictor. The Bowa is hand made in America using only the best quality steel and fittings, the process takes a bit of time but the wait is well worth it. Once you have a Bowa you will never need another press.

#166 ·
Hard to believe any accessory will improve the Bowa Frank but I'm sure anything you come up with will be game changing.

Good to hear the word is getting out about the Bowa and the orders are coming in but eating into hunting time is not so good. Make sure you do have a bit of down time when you catch up mate.

#169 ·
I under stand that, and feel that I am being patient. Was told 4 weeks then 6 weeks then ? Card was charged at time of order, most times card is not charged until item is shipped. 930.00 is a lot
of money to me, to lose. I dont know this guy but I am trusting him to deliever. Been borrowing a press from a friend and told him I would have it back to him in 6 weeks so now he needs it back.
So now not only am I in a bind but I have but others in one also. And yes I do (hope) think this is the best press, as to why Iam waiting, if not believe me I would have canceled some time ago.

#171 ·
i'll tell you this Frank is probably the most honest guy i've dealt with an the last thing he'll ever do is take someones money an not follow through, he doesn't make a living
by selling his presses it is more the fact he loves archery/bowhunting an believes people deserve the best products.

just be patient it's worth the wait believe me 1 man can only do so much an he has to eat an sleep at some point in 24hrs :lol: ...........
look at my location i waited longer than you an still brought Frank a beer (i swear Frank you should of had more than 1 mate :lol:)..........

anyway hoyt fo life i seriously hope you do understand because i can't express enough how awesome Franks press is an how much of a
great man he is so i hope you are willing to be patient enough to wait for this one man to do what he needs to do he WON'T!!! screw you.....

#170 ·
Here is the situation. I am in construction besides my archery business. To make a long story short i have avoided out of town work for the seven years i have been doing this so that i can stay close to my own business. Each year it got that much more important that i stayed closer and closer to my own business as each year the demand grew a lot. On July 7th I accepted a large project at a new company to leave the company I was with. This project was in another state but within 102 miles from my house. I figured that if i could get some weekend help i could keep the flow going along with whatever I could accomplish during the week but the person i had to help me got put on 6 - 10 hr days which made him unavailable for helping me out. Well somehow i kept some progress going and I managed to get 6 orders to the powder coater and i got those back and i figured i could get them out during the week. Well with final inspections at my project and long days i was unable to get that done. I only got two orders of the 6 shipped out and that was on Friday. So, Monday/Tuesday I will have 4 more orders going out. Then I have 6 more orders to fabricate and those will begin during the week. On the bright side I will be on a new project that is close to home now and I will be able to devote more time into catching up and finally getting even. This is why i had to initiate the order freeze but I have been fighting that for two years now anyway. With the increase in demand it is something I had to do regardless of the out of town project i was on.

Going forward I will do a short run to get them to the powder coater sooner and cut the turn around. I believe that will get you your order "hoyt fo life 555" and i sincerely apologize for any inconvenience the wait has caused you. I made a mistake by taking on this out of town project but its behind me now and i want nothing more than to get caught up 100%. Something that has not happened for several years now. Then I will take a couple weeks to finally do some hunting. So, I still have a very long day ahead of me so I better get rolling. Lunch is over & people need their machines.

#173 ·
I am waiting , I dont trust folks in this day and age, a hand shake means nothing, even a signed agreement means nothing.I have a lot of money tied up in this and all I have to go by is what is said on this sight. Believe me, I trust he will deliever, or I would have asked for a refund. I have talked to Frank and
understand he is very busy and am willing to wait a while longer. I do think he makes a great product and that is the reason I will wait. I just wish I would have knowen of the delay and I could have done
things on my end to not put my self and others in a bind due to it, thats all. I will work around it.

#174 ·
Y
Frank is working his butt off trying to fill orders. Frank will deliver on your press and if he doesn't I will give you your money back. Remember you are buying a custom piece of equipment with custom options that must be made. Anything custom you purchase is paid for up front. I use this Bowa in my archery shop and it is the best press I've ever used hands down. It will be worth the weight so hang in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.