Archery Talk Forum banner

My impressions of MXB 320....

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  jmack73 
#1 ·
I've been looking for a crossbow now for few months and narrow down my search to MXB320 and Excalibur 355.I had to wait few weeks before my dealer gets them in stock so I can try one.I had Excalibur before and I was looking forward to try MXB.I think I read everything ever written about this crossbow and saw any video out there.Got a call from my dealer yesterday and went to try one........First impression is that it's a very good looking crossbow TILL you pick it up....In my hands felt more like a toy then anything else,grip was horrible and I wasn't crazy about chick rest...Now I went to shoot it....Bit unusual position of your foot and also cocking rope rest but it is a matter of getting used to it....Trigger not bad at all,noise level normal,not much vibration but it does have a kick.........Man I was sooooo looking forward purchasing this xbow,I even ordered Hawke scope already but could not commit on something I did not like...

As per everything everyone has a deferent criterium and all of us like and dislike deferent things,so this is mine and only mine view of this bow,did not mean to offend anyone..

After everything said and done went to Excalibur dealer and brought home Matrix 355 which I LIKE much better......

One thing I've learned after this experience is that is important to try anything you buy before you actually purchase it and hope that this review might help someone in future going trough pains of research:)

Take care...

See less See more
#2 ·
Personal pts of view/reviews are good. Always nice to try a Brand/Model out prior to purchase. I felt about the same way on the Axiom & Ibex by Excal. Good stock nice limbs/Riser & fair trigger assembly. The mainframe was terrible & i wouldn't own one, now or ever! I jus couldn't stand that nylon/plastic rail. Hey be some that love'm but not me!

#3 ·
This is why I end up with Matrix 355 and you are right about Axiom/Ibex risers,had Ibex my self but sold it very fast:)

#4 ·
As an owner of three Excals (Equinox, Vortex and Phoenix) I had the exact opposite reaction for my 320. Light, easy cocking, much better trigger (without having to 'work it', as I did my Excals) and the 19" width- uncocked - makes it so much more maneuverable than even the new Matrix series. The scope-to-eye lineup was about the same as with Excal - w/o the cheek rest - so I made one. The bow is a treat to carry and shoot, as is the adjustable pull weight and stock. I like the simplicity of the Excal, and the use of Flemish strings, but really like the compactness of the Mission...and esp the crisp 3 lb trigger. I still have my Vortex, and likely always will, but the Mission 320 is looking at some serious stand time come fall.

#6 ·
I stopped by the West Plains Mission Dealer he doesn't allow Demo shootin. I did try the 320 on fer handlin. Other than havin a diff look i found the stock n forarm material the same type as Excals stocks jus diff configuration. Weren't no toy to me, i ain't a big man jus abit older n cripped up some. I liked its light weight & shortness n narrow front end. I will knowed more about it when i shoot one down in Cotter, Ark. next week

#7 ·
For sure, don't try driving down there today! Another "for sure", as we inevitably age, user friendliness/ease of use become greater priorities. Small, easy to cock, light are "where it's at" : I think the xbow companies are listening. Fortunately, I hunt my back yard, almost no gun season, and have no physical limitations; therefore, the incredibly accurate Matrix 380 is intriguing to me.

#8 ·
I have 180 acres to hunt on, 140 of it jus step out me cabin door. The other 40 is a mile down the county road from me, but all thedeer around here be the same deer jus moved half mile away on their feedin rounds. I jus have always wanted to try a decent compound Model. Most are like boat anchors! Speed is great but some are very costly fer ppl on fixed incomes on the low end!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.