Archery Talk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New shoot through riser

12K views 110 replies 34 participants last post by  MIKEY CUSTOM-G 
#1 ·
I am going to finally have to break down and buy and Obsession. Especially now that they are coming out with the shoot through riser. I can't wait!

Anyone else excited?

#7 ·
I can't wait to hear the specs on it. Bows will come out quicker in 2015. There are changes in place to ensure it. They make sweet shooting bows and I'm very excited to see what 2015 will bring.

#11 ·
As good as my Phoenix is shooting, I'll bet the new target Bow with Shoot-thru Riser should be really stable. I shoot my Phoenix with no stabilizers as good as can my present target bow all set up with stabs and counter weights. I waited for my Obsession for 9 weeks but it was worth it. The 2015 target Bow will probably be similar but Obsession really knows how to build Bows shooters really enjoy.

#15 ·
Except for there engineers....there only part time....lol

#16 ·
We've strayed a little off topic here. Remember, Obsession Bows is only in their fourth year of production so of course things are going to be slow and there will be growing pains. It takes a tremendous amount of capital to get started and years of production to grow to the production levels Matthews, Hoyt, PSE and even Elite.

Serious question, anyone know for sure how long it takes to machine a riser, cams and modules then the kolorfusion process (assuming the supply of limbs is readily available)? Once all those parts are in house and ready for assembly I would presume one person could assemble two bows an hour which includes measuring draw length, weight and shooting through a chrono, wrapping and boxing.

I'm not sure if the kolorfusion process is in house or subbed out nor if they only do one or two color/pattern runs per week. If so, then with all the color/pattern options it may be 8-10 weeks before the color/pattern that you chose is "fused."

To get back on track, I'm curious to see how they will run the cables. Wasn't it some years ago that Martin had a shoot through riser and their cables were split as well?

I'm not affiliated with OB, just patiently waiting on my new Phoenix after selling my 2012 Lethal Force.

#21 ·
I'll admit the wait time was frustrating and I all but gave up on getting my bow. I'm glad I stuck it out though. I'm in love with my Evo and my buddy ordered one today after shooting mine. I agree with that there are many dealers that have no business selling this product. I spoke with Dennis on the phone about it. Once the product leaves the factory he can no longer control the customer experience. If the customer has a bad experience with the dealer, they will never purchase the product again no matter how good it is. Many of the big names do a better job controlling the customer experience by keeping closer tabs on those they allow to sell their bows.

#22 ·
I have found the companies really don't care as long as the dealer is moving product. we have pro shops in Jersey that handle the big names and they don't have a clue how to tune and set these bows up !

#23 ·
Have spoken with Dennis and Angela, and we're already working on getting me a price! :) Hope to have one of the first ones out the door. :darkbeer:

#25 ·
What I have a hard time getting over is how Kevin Strother continually rips from other manufacturers , tweaks them a certain percentage then beats his chest that he's the greatest designer today.

The latest Obsession/ Expedition riser was a rip from a prime and a Bowtech and this shoot thru is a rip from Hoyt.

I'm not a fan nor am I impressed.

This post has been deleted
#39 ·
I can't remember his full name but I know his last name was Allen I believe. and yes he had his share of court battles protecting his patents

#41 ·
Btw....archery is a copycat sport from a manufacturer standpoint. Hoyt=design concepts from Martin (ie..bridged riser). Elite,obsession,xpedition,strother all have similar attributes thanks to KS. Bows have hit a level of speeds that is near the pinnacle of safety and shoot ability. All that is next is a ton of marketing and radical new designs to keep consumers Wowwed

#44 ·
Aaaannnnd.... guess who's got one of the first ones on order?..........
THIS GUY!!!!!!
this bow's gonna be epic. was just on the phone with them this morning.

#53 ·
Very excited to see a dedicated target bow. I shoot no bow better than my addiction.
At the end of my first year shooting for OB...2012...I spoke with Dennis about a shoot thru target bow with an ATA between 36-37. I have been waiting to see what comes out in future years to replace my Addiction . This might be it.
Dennis is striving to grow OB to take on all of our archery needs. Kudos to him and the crew for always trying to give us what we want, would like or need. Hard to please everyone...
Work has had me swamped this year and my time on the course dropped off. With any luck if this bow is out in time I will be on the line at the IA PRO AM seeing what it will do.

#55 ·
Mikey,

I got a chuckle out of the genius comment also. I guess I once drank the kool aid also.

In the archery industry its proven all you have to have is a line of bs and be able to cover it up with smoke and mirrors.

You don't have to file a genius designed cam with a toothpick and sandpaper straight outta the box.

#57 ·
Well since we are way off topic mike G do you have any used honda civics or Toyota camarys I need a used work car something that does better than this z71...thanks steve

#59 ·
Lmfao

#61 ·
Hell yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.