Archery Talk Forum banner

Youth bows, don't overlook older bows

899 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Archeroni 
#1 ·
I will try to be breif. I have many grandsons 9/11YO that are just beginning to shoot so I have bought them a few bows of all different makes and models.
PSE Spyder (ebay)
Bowtech Razor Edge (new)
Mission Menace (new)
Parker Genisis (ebay)
Old stick bow (one I have had for years)
We have been going to a few 3D shoots and just having a blast but that is not the point. Today I was just in a tinkering mode and thought I would do some tuning and adjusting for the ever growing herd of kids and their bows. I took the youngest 9YO PSE Spyder out, checked the tiller, square, DW, DL, etc. After a little bit of tuning and setting at 25# at 22in. I began to shoot using his release and arrows for 10, 15 & 20 yds. I was really impressed at just how accurate this little bow was shooting. I was getting very good groups and excellent arrow flight at all ranges. I checked and shot the Mission Menace after checking all that I could check (adjusted the DL just a little and WT at 32#) and noticed that it didn't seem to shoot any better than the older Spyder. I am not a one brand type person but if your looking for a Youth or Ladies bow don't overlook some of the older bows that are out there. It might surprize you with the results. BTW: Mission Menace with all accessories around $400, Razor Edge package deal about $370, ebay PSE Spyder $85. Just something to think about if your looking for an entry bow for the wife, kid or neighbor lad or lassie.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.