Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many deer can you kill in your home state?

How many deer can you kill in your home state?

I live in GA and can kill 12 deer. It costs $65.00 for a sportsman's license and that is good for big/small game, archery/primitive, gun season and management stamp to hunt management areas.

We can kill 10 does and two bucks. One buck can be any size and the other one has to have a minimum of 4 points that are an inch or longer.

What are ya'lls rules, costs, limit, etc...?

Hoyt Alphamax 32 BC Edition
    Extreme BC Sight .019, Fuse CX, QAD Ultra Rest HD
    Carbon Express Maximas 350's, Slick Trick 100 gr. Mag

California = 2
    you can get a first and second tag if you want.

1 here in Pa.
    Stage 1 Strings Hunting PS / Fury X Archery SS / Dead Center Archery PS / Slick Trick PS / Gold Tip AS / Carbomask PS / Trophy Blend Scents PS / Tenzing FS / Bohning SS / U-Slide PS / Spot Hogg PS / TightSpot Quiver PS / Mossy Oak PS / Swarovski Field Tech / Team QAD PS

Quote Originally Posted by whitetaco02 View Post
    I live in GA and can kill 12 deer. It costs $65.00 for a sportsman's license and that is good for big/small game, archery/primitive, gun season and management stamp to hunt management areas.

We can kill 10 does and two bucks. One buck can be any size and the other one has to have a minimum of 4 points that are an inch or longer.

Same as you, but I pass on the WMA stamp, I've got private land I'm hunting

1 buck with gun,1 buck with bow,and as many does as you can afford the tags for,1 deer a day
    Come check us out on the largest Wisconsin,Michigan based hunting pages.....[https://www.facebook.com/buckchasers?ref=hl
    https://www.facebook.com/Wi.bowhunters

Only One and you have to chose your weapon
    Thank You,
    Mark Mason

Here in WI Tag is $24, you get 1 buck tag and 2 doe tags, and additional tags in my unit for unlimited does is $2
    Take a kid hunting. It's worth it!!

La Sportsman's paradise license: $100; covers everything for hunting except fed duck stamp, plus all types of fresh/saltwater fishing.

We can take 3 bucks, 3 does.
    Parker Ultra-Lite 31, Radial X-weave 300's, and Tricks

In my zone I am allowed 1 buck and as many does as I buy tags for.

between bow, muzzle loader, and gun 36. 6 bucks 30 does. 12 per harvest method (10 doe, 2 buck) rather have a longer season and smaller bag limit. don't know anyone who has gotten 36

New Jersey here.

bow liscense is $28, this gets you bow hunting time from sept 12 - oct 3 and you can kill unlimited does. Once you harvest 1 doe, you get a buck tag. the buck tag expires in november.
    sometime in early november, to continue bowhunting you need to purchase a doe tag for $28 (unlimited does). if you want a buck tag, its another $28, but you cant just buy a buck tag, you MUST buy the doe 1st... (gay). those tags expire december 31st.
    January we buy our new years' liscense for $28, and can harvest unlimited does through Feb 18th. as well as 1 more buck.
    gun liscense cost $32, and with this you get 2 buck tags and unlimited doe tags.
    permit gun comes in after opening week and it costs $28 for the doe tag which you must buy in order to get the $28 buck tag... (if you shoot both your bucks during the 1st week, you can not get one during the permit season.
    permit muzzle loader comes in for a few months there too, which you need a rifle permit (which i think is around $20) and another doe tag which is $28, and then a buck tag for $28.

so pretty much, if you want to hunt from sept 12 - feb 18th, it will cost you $248 for deer as a resident, and you can harvest UP TO 6 bucks and unlimited does.

O, i almost forgot, our small state is divided up into like 60 zones... so for each zone you want to hunt you gotta buy doe and buck permits in... that all adds up.. i try to stick to 1 or 2 zones...

small game is included in the liscense.
    ducks are an extra $20 in stamps (state and fed)
    night time fox/coyote is an extra $2

our game laws are confusing as all heck, need a lawyer to check them over before going in the woods
    JerseyJaysTaxidermy.com
    BarbertownSportsmensClub.com

Lord, I thank You for the opportunity to go out on the hunt. I thank You for the time alone to think and reflect on life. I thank You for the time with hunting friends, enjoying good fellowship, good stories, meals and drinks. Thank You for the beauty seen during the hunt and for the game taken and shared. I thank You especially for a safe hunt for myself and for all the hunters who share the field. AMEN.

Quote Originally Posted by NEVADA HUNTER View Post
    Only One and you have to chose your weapon
    Same here in NM. AND you have to choose your unit! So, unit, weapon, date - one buck.
    2009 Hoyt Alpha Max 32 @ 27", 62 lb.- Hunting
    2011 Hoyt Alpha Elite @27", 57 lb. - NFAA
    2011 Hoyt Contender @ 27", 52 lbs- Indoor Spots
    2012 Hoyt Vector Turbo @27", 57 lbs- 3D

Only one here in Washington...you pick your weapon and then buy your tag. Makes you think twice before letting her fly...

Coon
    Coon....Go deep and hunt hard
    Hoyt CRX32
    Back Gold Ignite, Trophy Taker Pronghorn, Fuse Quiver, Scott Rhino XT
    Easton ACC360, 28 1/2" draw, 60lbs, 420 grns, 261fps
    ><>

in Oregon - 1 (unless you draw one of relatively few antlerless tags - then you can kill a 2nd deer)
    also - either the rifle season or the archery season
    Mathews Drenalin

It varies in MN...

Some areas only allow 1 deer, some allow 2, some allow 5, and some areas are unlimited (additional tags are $14 IIRC)

You are only allowed 1 antlered buck a year regardless of weapon, though some areas have a lottery for does.

Which reminds me, I still have to apply for my doe permit this year.

The beginning of wisdom is admitting "I don't know"

Depends on how much money ya got!!We have unlimited doe tags here.
    Mossy Oak Pro Staff, VaporTrail Pro Staff, Athens Archery Factory Staff Shooter, Paradigm Archery Pride Staff, Tru Ball Shooting Staff,

Indiana

1 buck rule (only one antlered deer per hunter per year)

300+ does (Our herd is managed by county. Each county has at least a quota of 1 doe, lots have either 4 or 8. Add up the 92 county quotas and you've got lots of shootin' to be had...if you had a place to hunt in all 92 counties!)

I bought my lifetime license many years ago, so I'm covered all season.
    equal opportunity Bilateral Pneumothorax giver
    Browning Illusion 70# 29"
    82nd Airborne 70# 29"

6 but only 1 antlered deer. Also depends on where you live...you may need to drive a ways to get to a Zone that allows 6. There is also different ending dates per Zone...
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government..

Wow makes me glad I live in Georgia!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaro View Post
    Wow makes me glad I live in Georgia!

Ditto!

We eat deer meat 3-4 times a week. I don't see how you all do it!

Our season goes from Sept. 12 to January 12 or so. Starts with bow season, then muzzleloader, then finishes with gun!
    Hoyt Alphamax 32 BC Edition
    Extreme BC Sight .019, Fuse CX, QAD Ultra Rest HD
    Carbon Express Maximas 350's, Slick Trick 100 gr. Mag

Quote Originally Posted by srkundell View Post
    between bow, muzzle loader, and gun 36. 6 bucks 30 does. 12 per harvest method (10 doe, 2 buck) rather have a longer season and smaller bag limit. don't know anyone who has gotten 36
    I do love living as close as i do to maryland. 36 tags in MD and 3 tags in PA (1buck, 2doe). i would never shoot 39 deer in a season but its nice to know i'm never going to tag out to early. Most i have ever taken in 1 year was 23 in 3 different states. 21 bow and 2 muzzle loader.
    14 FAKTOR 34 - 12 ALPHA ELITE - 11 ALPHABURNER -
    04 FRANKEN-TEC

In NC we get two buck tags and endless doe tags
    09 Reezen 7 27.5 x 60lbs
    HHA 5519 Quad Ultra Pro LD rest
    STS B-Stinger
    Team 33 Blood Stained Vanes

118, but only 3 can be bucks.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast