a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

View Poll Results: Do you have a loaded weapon by your bed?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i keep a loaded weapon by or near my bed

71 76.34%
  • No i dont

22 23.66%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who has a weapon by their bed at all times?

Re: Who has a weapon by their bed at all times?

Originally posted by 1bigtaco
    i have a loaded shotgun, rifle and pistol under my bed at all times,
    Good lord dude you have an entire arsenal next to your bed!!!

I just have a pistol next to mine. But the SureFire next to the bed is a good idea I think I will set mine next to the bed starting tonight...

two problems...

painball and I think alike...means my wife is going to start giving me grief...

second problem...I sleep everwhere in my house...the answer is still yes.

Still fondly remember meeting the guy breaking the house at the back door with a 12ga...

Keefe

4" S&W .357 MAG loaded with 5 rounds (125 gr. hollow points) on an empty cylinder in the nighstand. Winchester 1300 turkey gun unloaded with 5 rounds of 00 buckshot on the stock beside the bed.

I used to keep a loaded 12 ga. by my bed all the time. My brother warned me once that if I left it there and someone broke in while I was away, the intruder would be armed with my weapon even if he didn't have his own. That's not a good thing.

Let me put it like this

I pity the fool who comes in on me while me and my family are in bed sleeping.

he will leave in a body bag!

Originally posted by River

Still fondly remember meeting the guy breaking the house at the back door with a 12ga...

Keefe
    Be sure to tell me that story sometime.
    "There is a difference between responsible criticism that aims for success and defeatism that refuses to acknowledge anything but failure. Hindsight alone is not wisdom and second-guessing is not a strategy"- George W. Bush

I keep my loaded guns under the bed, the short barrel 12 ga is the handiest and is my weapon of choice. If i wake up i will be disoriented and a shotgun eliminates the need to aim, but if you put that Surefire in their eyes in a pitch black room they wont know what hit them.

yes yes, story time!!!

I don't keep loaded guns anywhere. But, I have a .22 semi-auto in arm's reach standing beside the bed, with ammo one step to the left, and a 12 GA O/U in arm's reach if I roll over to the other side, and my Rem. 870 20 GA pump. Ammo is always within easy reach in my room. I'm the youngest, so no worries about li'l kids. I kinda wish my Gamo P-23 that I always leave on my headboard was actually what it looks like. It's a replica of a Sig Saur P-230. Mine is a semi-auto C02 powered bb/pellet pistol.

I used to keep a Winchester 12 gauge and single shot .223 loaded and by my bed. Now they are unloaded and in a gun cabinet. I do have my Streamlight though. I don't know if it is as bright as a Surefire, but it'll blind you.

Thumbs up

Besides the two German Shepards in the house, I keep a Sig 9mm P226 for me (and in the car) and a Remington 870 pump for her. Good luck to anyone who tries our house!

.44 mag baby. oh yeah

none here...

they are all in cases, except for one......
    its tucked away ready to roll in my fathers cabinet... Glock 27 40 S&W...

the scatter gun (remington 870) 3 1/2 would do good, but I and kinda fond of lever guns. 45-70 Marlin government, model 1895, guide series. (meaning short barrel) I just grouped it yesterday...
    At 100 yards i can hit a paper plate with buck horn sights.

2 Glock 357Sig's one for me one for her with Tritium night sights of course. Packed full of Corbons and a couple extra mags full just in case.

9mm. My brothers got very upset when wouldn't go out and get a gun (just never got around to it) so after a year of getting after me about it, they made me take one of theirs and put it within reaching distance of my bed- they audit me from time to time to make sure i don't move it.... but they also made sure that i learned how to use the gun too.

Something to think about.......

Realistically imagine someone breaking in your house or is already in your house and you awake from a deep sleep (or your partner frantically awakes you) and it sounds as though the intruder is headed for your kids room.....now imagine the rush, adreneline like you couldnt imagine! So much to process in such a short time with a head that just woke up. Now you grab your gun granny and head out, you see the intruder in the hallway, your pulse is redlined on your tach, you have sleep in your eyes...you take your pistol and fire............dammmmmmm you missed !!!

My point in that being said is this. I always thought the "pistol" was THE thing to have for safety in your home but no more. I have a shorty double barrel shotgun loaded with #2 shot. I dont have to aim, I just PP (yeah prolly would at the same time,lol).
    PP is point and pull, no aiming like with a "bullet". I can fill up my whole hallway with #2 shot and hit the intruder guaranteed!

Just something to think about for your home safety........I hope none of us ever need it !
    NRA Hunters Rights Site *HSUS Watchdog Site* Join the USSA <- click here
    As of 12/31/2010, HSUS had a net worth of $187.5 million. - They want to stop ALL hunting ! GET INVOLVED TO STOP THEM!
    NJ Hunters, Join The NJ Outdoor Alliance - Click Here http://www.njoutdooralliance.org/ for more info

define "weapon"

all I'm going to say other than that is.... "Fore!"

... talk about "loft".... he he he

by my bed?

Not exactly. How 'bout in my bed, just ask the wife.

Originally posted by Jerry/NJ

My point in that being said is this. I always thought the "pistol" was THE thing to have for safety in your home but no more. I have a shorty double barrel shotgun loaded with #2 shot. I dont have to aim, I just PP (yeah prolly would at the same time,lol).
    PP is point and pull, no aiming like with a "bullet". I can fill up my whole hallway with #2 shot and hit the intruder guaranteed!
    You are right. Just about every "professional" recommends the shotgun for a defensive weapon. The damage a 12g buck shot shell can do is absolutely horrendous; yet for some reason it is the most PC weapon you can have since liberals think it is only for bird hunting.
    "There is a difference between responsible criticism that aims for success and defeatism that refuses to acknowledge anything but failure. Hindsight alone is not wisdom and second-guessing is not a strategy"- George W. Bush

I would vote but the only option are a loaded weapon or none, I can't figure out how to load my sword

I sleep walk real bad and manipulate objects in my sleep - I have been known to change the time my alarm clocks go off in my sleep, turn the TV on, I've even once typed something when I had a computer I left on 24/7 (it was real words but not coherent). I don't feel that a gun within easy reach is a good idea given that.

I do have a pistol in an adjacent room. I guess a sword and a pistol in another room is better than nothing, though if I didn't have the sleep walking problem I would opt for a shotgun with 00 buck shot.

Got the loadaed Ruger .44 and Kimber .45 ready in case any punk wants his day made

Originally posted by Jerry/NJ
    Something to think about.......

Realistically imagine someone breaking in your house or is already in your house and you awake from a deep sleep (or your partner frantically awakes you) and it sounds as though the intruder is headed for your kids room.....now imagine the rush, adreneline like you couldnt imagine! So much to process in such a short time with a head that just woke up. Now you grab your gun granny and head out, you see the intruder in the hallway, your pulse is redlined on your tach, you have sleep in your eyes...you take your pistol and fire............dammmmmmm you missed !!!

Just something to think about for your home safety........I hope none of us ever need it !
    Very good post!!!!

I DON'T, I HAVE TWO SMALL CHILDREN BUT THE GUN SAFE IS ONLY TWO FOOT FROM THE BED

the bow
    and too many guns to count inches from my feet

i do

i keep all my guns by my bed so my dad dosnt use them i take care of my guns he dosnt so i like 2 keep them all nice just 4 me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast