Thread: Removing a peep sight

Removing a peep sight

Hi All,

I got my new/first bow last week and I hate shooting with a peep sight. Is it ok to remove a tied in peep sight?

Thanks for your input.

What don't you like about it?

Peep Sight removal check out Hind Sight

I hate a peep sights too. Look at the hind sight! I could not find my pins on two different hunting situations. That is when I looked at different set up for my bow. Both times it was the last 30 min. of day light left to shoot, and of course a nice 10 point was about 20 yards out. Pulled back 3 different times and could not tell where my pins were? The peep blocked any light that I needed to see my pin and make a clean shot. Been shooting with the hind sight and love it. It will pin point any bow torque applied too.

sure you can always remove a peep.

BUt why not give it a month and I am sure you will never want to take it out. It ensure you have the same draw, ancor and head position for each shot.

This means you will have a much better outcome in 3D shooting and of course for hunting.

I use the 1/4 inch big hole size to make sure I can still see my pins in low light.

Is the peep not turning true for you ???? what is causing you to have a problem ????

BIll
    SOB (Sweet Old Bill) Bill Olmesdahl
    Sand Dune archery club MB SC,
    Gibertville rod and Gun NY,
    Seniors archery 3D/ hunt Oneonta NY

If you decide to remove the peep and it is served in, be careful not to cut the string when cutting the serving.
    Cumberland Bowhunters
    2013 Hoyt Spyder 30

My sight picture is "fuzzy" through the peep. Without it everthing looks clear.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet old bill View Post

BUt why not give it a month and I am sure you will never want to take it out. It ensure you have the same draw, ancor and head position for each shot.

This means you will have a much better outcome in 3D shooting and of course for hunting.

I use the 1/4 inch big hole size to make sure I can still see my pins in low light.

Is the peep not turning true for you ???? what is causing you to have a problem ????

BIll

Quote Originally Posted by sweet old bill View Post

BIll
    Why not just try the Anchor sight or Timberline No-peep then they do the same thing with no peep to look through?
    That is what I did , just a thought.
    Staff Shooter for CCA (Cheap Custom Arrowwraps)check us out on the web to order your wraps
    '08 Martin Firecat a righty
    '06 Martin Slayer a lefty

Quote Originally Posted by rjd View Post
    Why not just try the Anchor sight or Timberline No-peep then they do the same thing with no peep to look through?
    That is what I did , just a thought.
    Exactly try the Anchor Sight you will never go back to a peep!
    Crackerized Alien-X 60# 28.5" 306 FPS, Gold Tip Pro 5575, 2" Blazers, Bowmanhunter Wraps, Whisker Biscuit , Lone Wolf Sit & Climb, HHA 5519 XL, Archery Innovations Anchor Sight, 100gr Epic XC3 Broadheads, Posten 10" Woodsman Stab, RedHDCharm Loop and Serving Material,

My biggest fear is that when I'm dead and gone My wife will sell my Archery Equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Anchor Sight
    Do a search for the Anchor Sight thread. And see what others are saying.
    Knight Unk, Long live Mutants
    " Play " with archery.
    Don't let archery " Play " with you
    Think while practicing.
    Turn off thinker,while performing

+1 for the anchor sight. I decided to keep my peep though and shoot with both and really liking it but would be what Id use if I drop the peep.

This may sound strange, but are you wearing sunglasses when you shoot? I noticed my peep looking fuzzy the other day and narrowed it down to my wearing sunglasses while I was shooting. Don't know why it made a difference, but it sure did.