a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: DEER DANDER, does it work?

Arrow DEER DANDER, does it work?

Anyone here use DEER DANDER? How did it work for you? And what area of the US. are you from? How does it compare to Deer herd in a stick or trophy blend as a cover scent

Thumbs up deer dander

I won't hunt without it

I spray my boots then walk to my stand. I have had deer walk up the trail I left and lick the tree steps. I live in central NY. I hope this helps

I have not used the herd in a stick so cant comment
    Last edited by roto205; August 30th, 2009 at 09:42 PM. Reason: add info

Same results here. I love the stuff and i'm really usually not big into scent use. I spray it on my boots to make a trail and help mask my scent, I spray it on vegetation around my stand location, and i'll spray it on the tree when I get up in my stand. I think it's a good cover / attractent type of scent.
    Proud Hoyt Vector 32 shooter !

Even prouder Christian,husband,and dad !

works great all i use
    Team fitzgerald pro staff member,pse brute x,thunderhead broad heads,cabelas/beman arrows

Talking relatives

You must all be related to Dan and Guy. I bought some on line and then when the shipment got here is was open and spilled all inside the container. So I called them on the phone and of course got just a recorded message and left my message for them several times. Guess what no reply, not a thing. So I just figured it up to experience and never to ever buy a product from them. I see they do have a new show with a few new twist in it. Same old stuff but they have alot of really cool sponsers. Dan was one of the best when he started but today they need some help on video technology. Dan should be in the archers hall of fame if they have one.

Quote Originally Posted by steadyeddie View Post
    I bought some on line and then when the shipment got here is was open and spilled all inside the container. So I called them on the phone and of course got just a recorded message and left my message for them several times. Guess what no reply, not a thing. So I just figured it up to experience and never to ever buy a product from them.
    Well I hope your experience is not the norm. I have an order I am waiting on and hope it gets here soon.
    Parker Ultra-Lite 31, Radial X-weave 300's, and Tricks

I won't use anything that didn't come out of a deer. I've wasted so much money on different scents and attractants over the years that did absolutely nothing for me. Now I just order pure deer pee from a deer farm and it's had a huge effect on my success rate and how many deer I see. The best part is that when a deer is within bow range they never get jumpy or nervous any more. it seems to have a calming effect on them.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedPro View Post
    I won't use anything that didn't come out of a deer. I've wasted so much money on different scents and attractants over the years that did absolutely nothing for me. Now I just order pure deer pee from a deer farm and it's had a huge effect on my success rate and how many deer I see. The best part is that when a deer is within bow range they never get jumpy or nervous any more. it seems to have a calming effect on them.
    Not knowing anything about Deer Dander... Does that mean it does or does not come out of a deer?

Quote Originally Posted by MaddSkillz View Post
    Not knowing anything about Deer Dander... Does that mean it does or does not come out of a deer?
    I don't know. I've never seen or heard of it outside of this forum.

i love deer dander for attracting coyotes in maine i have had them follow me for miles. just wish the deer would!!

deer dander works great for me. I spray it on everything; bow,climber,boots etc. Best cover scent/ attractant on the market imo
    Mathews S2, JBK Strings, Easton Axis, Spot Hogg Right On, and QAD Ultra Pro LD
    USS Santa Barbara AE-28

Seems to work for me. They don't get all nervous when they hit my scent trail. Some even follow my path. I have been using it for the last 2 seasons.
    Hoyt Faktor 34 28.5" 60lbs, Easton Axis 400, HHA OL-5510, Ripcord Code Red, Tightspot
    Hoyt CE RKT 28.5" 63lbs, Easton Axis 400, HHA OL-5519, Ripcord Code Red, Tightspot
    Hoyt Trykon 29" 70lbs, Easton Bloodline 330, Ripcord

Anyone have link to buy it?? I hear alot of good things from different people, however, never seen it sold in a store
    thanks
    Hoyt Spyder 30 29" 65#
    QAD Ultra HD Pro
    Camo N-Fused Nano's w/ G5 Striker 100gr

my buddy had some last year love the stuff. i also want to buy some give us a link
    "HUNT EVERY HUNT LIKE IT'S YOUR LAST"

Cabela's sells it, google search Deer Dander you'll find it. I believe the full name is team fitzgerald deer dander.

thanks
    Hoyt Spyder 30 29" 65#
    QAD Ultra HD Pro
    Camo N-Fused Nano's w/ G5 Striker 100gr

Quote Originally Posted by steadyeddie View Post
    You must all be related to Dan and Guy. I bought some on line and then when the shipment got here is was open and spilled all inside the container. So I called them on the phone and of course got just a recorded message and left my message for them several times. Guess what no reply, not a thing. So I just figured it up to experience and never to ever buy a product from them. I see they do have a new show with a few new twist in it. Same old stuff but they have alot of really cool sponsers. Dan was one of the best when he started but today they need some help on video technology. Dan should be in the archers hall of fame if they have one.
    I'll agree with you that they sure has heck don't know how to run a business and have poor customer service. Took 2 weeks and $10 shipping to get mine last year. And they didn't ship any out to local shops

But the stuff does work at least as a cover scent. It's pretty full proof when you think about. All it is is oil from all those deer rugs they have at the deer processors. I've had deer follow my trail in and also lick the leaves that I've sprayed it on. It's really the only scent I'll use. Too may urines go bad and or just plain spook mature bucks.

Also FYI, do NOT spray it on clothes as it recommends. It will go rancid if it's left on clothes and then let to sit somewhere warm. I only spray it on my boots.
    "Suprised!!! I wouldn't be more suprised if I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet."

i been using deer herd in a stick with great sucess,if this works just as good ill definitely try it ,how much does it cost?.