Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Southern Ohio Outfitters

Southern Ohio Outfitters

I have booked a hunt with Southern Ohio Outfitters in Jackson, Ohio for October 10-17. Does anyone know anything about this outfitter or this area of Ohio? Their website looks good and they have a large list of references. The owner is great to talk to also. It is one of the most inexpensive outfitters in that area. Figured I'd get the AT opinion.

I don't know the outfitters personally but I live in Jackson County and I've heard nothing but good reports about their outfit. Good luck!

nope never heard of them.

Good luck to you though
    Arrow wraps ----> bowmanhunter.com--**AUTHORIZED RHINO BLINDS DEALER**
    If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it Happy moments, praise God.Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God.Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.
    I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
    God said, "No. His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary

I have never been there or anything but I have heard nothing but great things aobut his opperation I think there area few reviews over on bowsite you can check out and the owner is also a frequent poster over on ohiosportsman.com too good luck on your hunt ..Jackson county has some great deer by the way

Well i grew up in Oak Hill (jackson county) I'v not heard anything bad about them. But This area of Ohio produces nice bucks anyway. You would more than likely see a nice one on your own as well. I live in WV now but my parents still live there and my brother and I own land in Gallia county which borders Wayne Natl Forest. But good luck with your hunt.
    "ALIEN MAFIA"
    LD, 8" SS, Hogg-It Wrapped, CTA.

US ARMY "RETIRED"

Quote Originally Posted by J_T_Buckley View Post
    I have booked a hunt with Southern Ohio Outfitters in Jackson, Ohio for October 10-17. Does anyone know anything about this outfitter or this area of Ohio? Their website looks good and they have a large list of references. The owner is great to talk to also. It is one of the most inexpensive outfitters in that area. Figured I'd get the AT opinion.
    Isnt it a little late for opinions?

Ha! I guess so. I'm happy with my decision to go. I'm extremely excited actually. I was just wondering if there was anyone on AT that had hunted there or in the area.

Soo

I have hunted with Dave and his family a couple of times. Unfortunately I haven't had a shot but have seen some great whitetails taken. Excellent facilities, great equipment and you'll never find nicer people. They will bust their butts for you every day.

I've talk with others that have gone and no one has anything negative to say about them. Tell Dave Ralph said hi! And good luck.

Ralph.

Thanks for all of the comments.

A friend of mine went there! He said he highly recommends them!

Hey Guys,

I came across this post and just wanted to bump it to the top.

I've recently joined the SOO team and we're starting things up for bookings for the upcoming 2014-2015 Whitetail season (along with Turkeys come April) and wanted to let AT members know that they can get ahold of me to talk further about the outfit, hunting, etc. I'd be glad to tell you about the operation and get you set up if you're looking for a place to hunt this next season.

Thanks!
    2014 Bowtech RPM 360 70#
    Bernie's Control Freak Stabilizers (Scorpion Hunter Front & Side)
    Southern Ohio Outfitters (Hunting Consultant)

Fyi , do all your research before you book a hunt . Don't make much sense to book a hunt then come on here and ask people what they think . Doing it that way your asking for trouble and you will get burned. Ive been on a ton of guided hunts and there are some hunts that I will 2 years of research before I even book a hunt ..

Ha! I guess so. I'm happy with my decision to go. I'm extremely excited actually. I was just wondering if there was anyone on AT that had hunted there or in the area.
    Don't really matter what other people think then !!

Quote Originally Posted by pope125 View Post
    Fyi , do all your research before you book a hunt . Don't make much sense to book a hunt then come on here and ask people what they think . Doing it that way your asking for trouble and you will get burned. Ive been on a ton of guided hunts and there are some hunts that I will 2 years of research before I even book a hunt ..

I'm assuming you don't know this thread is from 2009.

Don't know much about the outfitter, but I live close to the area, and there are some GIANTS roaming these hills! Here's an example!
    my buck 004.jpg

SOO has a pretty good reputation. The only thing I would comment on is you dates. IMO that is the worst week to possibly go. The heart of the October Lull for big bucks. Early season feeding patterns are done and no rut activity for the big boys (the little guys may start to feel there oats). I hunt central Ohio and purposely don't hunt from Oct 7th or so to Oct 25th so I don't burn my spots or myself out.

Pray for a good acorn crop.

2009 has came and went....

I guess it is the Easter season so resurrection is in the air. Maybe start a new tread.

Quote Originally Posted by John 2290 View Post
    Don't know much about the outfitter, but I live close to the area, and there are some GIANTS roaming these hills! Here's an example!
    my buck 004.jpg
    Won't be if people keep advertising it.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiosean10 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I came across this post and just wanted to bump it to the top.

I've recently joined the SOO team and we're starting things up for bookings for the upcoming 2014-2015 Whitetail season (along with Turkeys come April) and wanted to let AT members know that they can get ahold of me to talk further about the outfit, hunting, etc. I'd be glad to tell you about the operation and get you set up if you're looking for a place to hunt this next season.

Thanks!
    Be very carelful - if you are not a sponsor you cannot post this stuff - especially the links in your signature.....

for what is worth - my father-in-law has hunted with Dave on more than one occaission, never harvested a deer, never saw a shooter (135" or better), and despite that still has nothing but good things to say about Dave the operation he runs down there. I think my father in law was one fo the very first clients too, before the cabin was built....

Joe
    RingerCams - Keeping Your Eyes on the Prize!!!
    www the 12-ring . com
    Custom Predator GT500, Stage One Threads, Custom Posten, Custom Sword Twilight Hunter, Maxima Hunters
    383 grains @ 300fps

Quote Originally Posted by 12-Ringer View Post
    Be very carelful - if you are not a sponsor you cannot post this stuff - especially the links in your signature.....

for what is worth - my father-in-law has hunted with Dave on more than one occaission, never harvested a deer, never saw a shooter (135" or better), and despite that still has nothing but good things to say about Dave the operation he runs down there. I think my father in law was one fo the very first clients too, before the cabin was built....

Joe
    Joe,

Thanks for the heads up on that; I didn't realize it so that's my mistake. I removed the link from my signature.

Do you know a good moderator to contact about getting that set up? I've only been using AT for a few months now, sorry. I appreciate the help!
    2014 Bowtech RPM 360 70#

Quote Originally Posted by ohiosean10 View Post
    Joe,

Thanks for the heads up on that; I didn't realize it so that's my mistake. I removed the link from my signature.

Do you know a good moderator to contact about getting that set up? I've only been using AT for a few months now, sorry. I appreciate the help!

No worries, hate to see someone get jammed up.....here is a link to the sponsorship opportunities..
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/atsponsors.php

The way I look at it, for an outfit as big as Dave has now - it would be a wise investment - OH and particularly Southern OH is getting big-time publicity here on AT - I would think an add would in the very least draw in one hunter and dependning on the package you choose, that one hutner could pay for a year of advertsing on a site that has 100,000s of like-minded visitors everyday.

Good luck!
    Joe
    RingerCams - Keeping Your Eyes on the Prize!!!
    www the 12-ring . com
    Custom Predator GT500, Stage One Threads, Custom Posten, Custom Sword Twilight Hunter, Maxima Hunters
    383 grains @ 300fps

Quote Originally Posted by BP1992 View Post
    Won't be if people keep advertising it.
    Second that , Look whats happening to all those Mid-West states .

Quote Originally Posted by 12-Ringer View Post
    No worries, hate to see someone get jammed up.....here is a link to the sponsorship opportunities..
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/atsponsors.php

The way I look at it, for an outfit as big as Dave has now - it would be a wise investment - OH and particularly Southern OH is getting big-time publicity here on AT - I would think an add would in the very least draw in one hunter and dependning on the package you choose, that one hutner could pay for a year of advertsing on a site that has 100,000s of like-minded visitors everyday.

Good luck!
    Joe
    Ok perfect; I'll look through all of this and connect with Dave. But I agree, AT is huge and I know a ton of people on here always look to travel to Ohio to hunt, or just to hunt in a different part of the state than where they live.

Thank you for the heads up and advice, I do appreciate it!
    2014 Bowtech RPM 360 70#

Quote Originally Posted by John 2290 View Post
    my buck 004.jpg
    That's an awesome buck! Congrats!
    2014 Bowtech RPM 360 70#

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast