Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bear Whitetail 2??

Bear Whitetail 2??

My dad was going through his old archery stuff and found this bow..he called me and asked if I wanted it...Heck yeah I said but I am wonderign where can I find the specs on this bow? IBO speed and if anyone has pictures of it I would appreciate it?
    whats the speed? brace? ect...? how do they shoot? anyone know??

thanks! looks like I have a old bow for deer season this year! so now I can save up for a bowhehe

whitetail

i had a whitetail 2 ..30"2216..it shot about 170fps ..almost cant tune. takes one hell of a shot to hit with it ..so you know what i would do with it...just my.02 worth......
    stephen J.Bear...

is it the one that has 2 little pulleys to increase the lbs????

i think the only use of that bows is bowfishing...maybe. or maybe you become accurate and can actually hunt with it. im sure many deer have been hunted with that bow... some 20 years ago hehe
    I got a bow for my girlfriend... best deal ever!!

i believe the one witht he pulleys is the whitetail hunter one...
    I have both the white tail hunter (with pulleys) and whitetail hunter classic in camo... Nice bow, I have the ATA Draw weight and draw lenght.. what do you need? not sure what theIBO is though
    Parsons Outdoor Productions
    Whitetail Ambush 2 Has Finally Been Finished, Do Yourself A Favor And Order A Copy Today

I owned one for a short time cant tell you any specifications on it but I can tell you shooting that bow ruined my impression of compound bows. I sold the bow and went back to a recurve. I now shoot compounds I believe you would be happier with a modern day compound. Hope this helps.

My first bow was a Whitetail II. I have to say that the bows of today are incredible compared to the Whitetail. But with that said I wouldn't hesitate in using it to hunt. I've taken many deer with mine. Like you said, use what you've got until you can afford something else.

Gundy

WHITETAIL2

IF YOU HUNT OR SHOOT THAT BOW REMEMBER IT IS OLD & EVERY PART ON IT IS OLD.IF YOU USE FAST- FLIGHT STRINGS IT GOULD BLOW UP ...DO YOUR SELF A FAVOR-HANG IT ON THE WALL & TELL YOUR FRIENDS WHAT A GOOD BOW IT USED TO BE...02 WORTH....
    stephen J.Bear...

yea, my whitetail hunter classic is on the wall next to my whitetail hunter lol
    Whitetail Ambush 2 Has Finally Been Finished, Do Yourself A Favor And Order A Copy Today

It was an entry level bow that will make someone who is entering the sport want to give it up. I hated mine. It felt like it weighed about 10lbs.

yea, it is really heavy...the stinkin brace height is alittle under 8 inches.. lol

Oh yea, the old whitetailII

I think they are about 50% let off, about 45" or more in ATA, big brace height, and weigh slightly less than the earth.

This could be a functional bow if you plan on shooting fingers. They don't have much clearance for fletching to pass and you'd end up having contact if you shoot with a release.

These bows are 20 or so years old and you should inspect it thouroughly and often if you put it in service. And as was said before, don't use modern "fast flight" string types as these would not be very agreeable with the limbs and riser on a bow from that era.
    Targetnut ----------- Dont talk about it, Just do it!

Northern Virginia Archers

These bows are 20 or so years old and you should inspect it thouroughly and often if you put it in service. And as was said before, don't use modern "fast flight" string types as these would not be very agreeable with the limbs and riser on a bow from that era.
    i think that bow has real cables, doesnt it? i mean, real steel cables covered with plastic.

you better make sure it doesnt has any cracks in the limbs and riser, and that the string is in good condition. i bet it doesnt has any warranty!!!!
    I got a bow for my girlfriend... best deal ever!!

MEXICAN 3D

WARRANTY ! HEHEHEHE GOOD ONE HEHEHEHE......
    stephen J.Bear...

Just because its old in no reason doesnt mean its bad or useless i just got a bear white tail two and it shoot great and ya im 15 and also just cause it old dont mean is doesnt get the job done if you want to get technical archery is a very old thing over all but it still works and get the job dont and ya some of the parts may need maitness but if its built like its sopose to it willl be fine hell i got my bear for 35 bucks at a pwn shop im sort on money so it was a great buy for me

yes they do and me since i am the only one in my family that likes archery i got one and i thought i had to cut the cable but i was like oh wiat bad idea after breaking a few strans but theres a place that still makes them

whitetail hunter

I have an original whitetail hunter. A partial picture is attached. I put a new string on it and shoot it occasionally. It is a little loud. Measured the arrow speed and it is 183 fps at 50#. Mine is adjustable from 45 to 65#. The draw length is 31" which is way too long for me and it is not adjustable.

Attachment 1120150

It is not hard to tune. Mainly adjust the cables so that where the string attaches is equal from the pulleys on both ends. I have been told that you have to be careful and make sure the steel cables are not rusted. My advice would be to shoot it at the lowest draw weight for a while.

I drilled and tapped a berger hole in mine and mounted a sight and a whisker biscuit. I also added a dloop and shoot it with a release. Other than noise (I have cat whiskers on it also) it shoots pretty well.

I had one of those babys!!

That was my first bow in 1994! Shot fingers with it and shot my first deer with it! I hated that bow! LOL!
    2008 Hoyt Katera XL with Z3 cams
    2013 Hoyt Pro Comp Elite XL with spiral cams

If anyboby has been in archery that long like me, the Bear Whitetail bow everyone has owned back then. Heck way back then Bear, PSE, and Golden Eagle where about all the local archery shop carries.
    Hoyt Carbon Element
    QAD HDX
    HHA Sights
    Victory Arrows

My first bow was a Whitetail II. Still have that bow, but have not shot it for 20 or more years.

I use to have one. The Bear Whitetail 2 is approximately 25 years old. You might be able to get specs from Bear Archery but I don't know if they would still have parts if it needs anything. If I remember correctly it had dual wheels but no cam. It was an ok bow, nothing fancy.

The first compound that I ever shot was a Whitetail 2. That was in 98. A friend had one. His was not set up very well but it was enough to get me hooked on compound bows. I found one in almost mint condition in a pawn shop ($60) and learned to shoot it very well. I had the riser tapped and fitted with a Wisker Biscuit rest. It had an old brass pin sight which I replaced with a modern sight. It was very slow by todays standards, but I shot very good groups with it. There are no parts available for it today, but Bear Archery will send you the specs if you request them.

I still got my Whitetail II, I shot a flipper rest, instinctive, with fingers.
    It shot decent, but slow compared to when my buddies got the fireflight express with an overdrawl.
    I'll dig it out and post a pic when I can.
    My feathers are left wing but I am Right Wing Hill Country Bows, K2 recurve

i have a bear whitetail 2 and i love it

I have my grandfathers old Whitetail 2 compound bow that my dad had restored about 9 years ago and i shoot with a release made by pro release. i got a tru glow sight put on it and im a beginer and after a few adjustments im hitting senter target every time and i have shot the newer bows and i prefer my Whitetail 2.

my whitetail 2 is in the garage, mine has the wheels but i wish i had another with the dual cams to have a pair, was my 2nd bow in 92
    Hoyt Vector35 - QAD - Spot-Hogg - Doinker - Easton - FOB's
    Hoyt Dorado 50# - FMJ's
    T.R.U. Ball www.truball.com FOB's www.Starrflight.com Doinker www.doinker.com
    "If you dont stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast