Thread: Keller Pendulum Bow Sight

Question Keller Pendulum Bow Sight

Hello,

Does anyone have the instructions on how to set up a Keller pendulum bow sight?

Thanks,

Ron J

lock it down in the ground position, which should be straight up and down. sight it in on the ground for 20 yards. once you have it zeroed in at twenty yards on the ground, unlock it so that it swings freely and now you can shoot from an elevated position out to maybe 30 - 35 yards fairly accurately.
    ELITE: Z28 (2X's), GT-500
    BOWTECH: DESTROYER 350, ADMIRAL, CAPTAIN (2X'S), 82nd, 101st, GUARDIAN (2X'S), ALLEGIANCE (5X'S), TRIBUTE (2x's), EQUALIZER (2X'S), PATRIOT DUALLY
    MATHEWS: OUTBACK, LEGACY, MUSTANG, MQ1 (2X'S), SAFARI CUSTOM
    PSE: MACH 7, SRL 1000, JETFLIGHT, NOVA
    BROWNING: 4 wheeler

PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by RONHUNTRI View Post
    Hello,

Does anyone have the instructions on how to set up a Keller pendulum bow sight?

Thanks,

Ron J
    I had one for about five years and hated it. I'm so happy I got my spot hogg. I just don;t like it. If the pendulum sites were such a break though, why hasn't everyone switched? Buy a good fixed pin site. But don't spend your funds on the keller.

I had one a long time ago, I do not know how much they have improved, but I diid not like it either. I have a Spot-Hogg Hoggit Hunter with the wrap and this is a big improvement over the Keller that I had. I have no desire to ever have a pedulum type sight again.

Quote Originally Posted by jessjr View Post
    lock it down in the ground position, which should be straight up and down. sight it in on the ground for 20 yards. once you have it zeroed in at twenty yards on the ground, unlock it so that it swings freely and now you can shoot from an elevated position out to maybe 30 - 35 yards fairly accurately.
    Thanks!! I'll try it.

they tell you to lock it down and sight in at 20 yards. that wrong! your best bet is to climb a tree to the hight you hunt and sight in at 20 yards and it will be fine. the fast bows to day it may be a little off or you may get another 10 yards. i took my off 10 years ago and never look back. you have to be level any up or down hill you will missed
    Marty Poole
    Team # 37 - Duck or Die
    facebook.com/huntfish25 camospace.com/huntfish25
    SHOOT A BOWTECH 05 ALLEGIANCE DUALLY 80bls XX78 2219 29" ARROW WITH 125 MUZZY 3 BLADE BROAD HEAD. 590G AT 263FPS 91 KE's 20 yards - 80 yards

Keller Pendulum Sight Instructions

I've got a Keller Pendulum sight on my bow that I haven't hunted with in years. I've got it re-stringed now and set up for hunting. If any of you know for sure about the instructions for this sight please send me a pm. I've already forgot about how to exactly use it. I can't find my manual for the sight. I was thinking like you had to lock it down on the #4 and sight it in at 20 yards on the ground and do the adjustments needed and then it should be ok in an elevated stand. If someone knows for sure or can get me a manual please help me out with it. Thanks.

Keller sight instructions

I have owned a Keller sight for many many years and have never missed no matter how high in a tree stand I was. Most problems can be attributed to the shooter not setting it up correctly.
    First if you are shoot a bow less than 300 fps mount the sight in the center holes. If 300fps or greater use the holes at the end of the mount(furtherest from the sight).
    Second, lock the arm in the #4 position and sight in at 20 yards on the ground.(windage and elevation are adjusted just as with anyother sight)
    Third, in an elevated position (at least 14ft above the ground) unlock the pendulum and sight in at 20 yards.
    Depending on your bow's poundage you should be able to use the top pin out to 30 yards or more. You will have to experiment a little for the second and third pins.
    With my Matthews DXT @ 70# I can shoot my first pin to 35 yards, 2nd pin to 52 yards and third pin to 73 yards.
    So you can see it does work! Be patient and it Will work IF YOU SET IT UP CORRECTLY!

I had one years ago shot better with fixed pins. Just curios too they still make that sight?