Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the best scent elimination spray?

What is the best scent elimination spray?

After using numerous scent elimination sprays over the last few years I would like to know what you think is the best one out there. Are there any that just don't work? Right now I use Primos and have had good luck so far. What about you guys (or galls).

I always go with whatever is cheapest and assume that none of them actually do anything I'm quite pessimistic when it comes to believing the marketing of many hunting products. Yet they still get me to buy some of it !!
    2007 Bowtech Equalizer
    QAD Pro LD, VIPER Predator Hunter, B-Stinger, Easton Axis STs, and Slick Tricks

Scentkiller is what i've always used, and i've liked it. For fun I think i'm gonna try dead down wind this year just so i can say i've tried other stuff.
    Bear Motive 6 Shadow
    Team NXG
    Insulin Junky for LIFE

I only use wildlife research stuff.
    High Country Conquest
    Toelke Lynx
    Toelke Chinook
    Black Bear Warfbow
    DRT Broadheads by Dirt Nap Gear www.dirtnapgear.com

Thumbs up Dead Down Wind

I'll try not to turn this into a long drawn out post...but I read some info on another post about a certain chemical being used in another product that was supposebly harmful and not to be sprayed on the skin......so I did a little research.

Dead Down Wind is the only product out there that is 100% ALL NATURAL, no harsh chemicals, no masking scents, just sound science. They are using nature against nature to fight human odor. I used some of their products last year and was pleased with my results...so this year I'm gonna try their "3 step system". They have a complete "kit" you can buy that has everything you need to be as scent-free as possible.

Dead Down Wind gets my vote.

Good luck and good hunting
    Mathews C4 (3D)
    Mathews Chill w/rock mods! (hunting)
    GoldTip Staff
    TRU Ball Staff

Quote Originally Posted by RugerRedhawk View Post
    I always go with whatever is cheapest and assume that none of them actually do anything I'm quite pessimistic when it comes to believing the marketing of many hunting products. Yet they still get me to buy some of it !!

Absolutely nothing wrong with your thinking...more people should question things and not blindly follow. I too have had a few "duh, why did I buy this" moments in my day !!
    Mathews C4 (3D)
    Mathews Chill w/rock mods! (hunting)
    GoldTip Staff
    TRU Ball Staff

I use Natural Predator tru carbon powder or the H20 clothing treatment!! Somtimes I will mix up a bottle of carbon spray for my blind, or my hunting clothes. www.naturalpredator.com
    2011 ATHENS ACCOMPLICE 34
    http://www.jayhawkoptics.com JAYHAWK OPTICS YOUR SOURCE FOR VORTEX OPTICS AND ATHENS BOWS
    Team #37 Lung Busters
    Seeking out new sights on the strength of my feet and the courage of my lungs

I normally take a bath in deer urine before heading out to the woods. I guess I am just hardcore!!!!!
    I shoot a bow with some arrows Speed thrills, but accuracy kills

I use the Scent-away line of product's, seem to work fine for me

Quote Originally Posted by rattlinman View Post
    I'll try not to turn this into a long drawn out post...but I read some info on another post about a certain chemical being used in another product that was supposebly harmful and not to be sprayed on the skin......so I did a little research.

Dead Down Wind is the only product out there that is 100% ALL NATURAL, no harsh chemicals, no masking scents, just sound science. They are using nature against nature to fight human odor. I used some of their products last year and was pleased with my results...so this year I'm gonna try their "3 step system". They have a complete "kit" you can buy that has everything you need to be as scent-free as possible.

Dead Down Wind gets my vote.

Good luck and good hunting
    +1 I like the fact the product is 100% all natural
    My daughter's website
    www.archerygirl.com

Dead Down Wind for me.

I've had several deer come in from down wind and didn't even know I was there. Even had one sniff the climbing sticks on my tree and still go to eat corn.
    **This post was in no way, shape, or form intended to be the Gospel. Your experience may have been and may continue to be different. That is OK. We can still get along.**
    NCFAA Secretary/Treasurer
    www.ncfaa-archery.org Team Bob's Sporting Goods Biscoe, NC 910-428-2006 Team Jubilee N.O.A.H. Pro Staff HDI Staff shooter

www.apparitionscents.com

great new local prodcut out of PA... doesnt leave that wihte residue that most scent eliminator sprays do
    White Skullz Taxidermy
    Northeast Big Buck club ( official measurer)
    Apparition Scents - field team member

Quote Originally Posted by bowfreak21 View Post
    I normally take a bath in deer urine before heading out to the woods. I guess I am just hardcore!!!!!
    You don't use it as mouthwash?Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by bowfreak21 View Post
    dude, you need help !!!!!!! LOL

mouthwash??????? oh man !!!!! your worse than he is !!!!!!
    High Country Conquest
    Toelke Lynx
    Toelke Chinook
    Black Bear Warfbow
    DRT Broadheads by Dirt Nap Gear www.dirtnapgear.com

I have tried Dead Down Wind and it seemed to work as well as the rest but I cant understand how a scent eliminating product would have a scent? It does more than most. Shouldn't it be scent free if it worked?

I use Dead Down Wind, but always back it up with a dirt bath and pine branch scrub when I get close to my area.

been going with the dead down wind, seems to be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDoggDarren View Post
    www.apparitionscents.com

great new local prodcut out of PA... doesnt leave that wihte residue that most scent eliminator sprays do
    Another vote for the Apparition Scents product.

Also NO ODOR by ATSKO is very good.
    PSE Omen Pro
    Easton Axis Arrows
    Ramcat Broadheads

Code Blue Eliminx is the best I have tried
    2014 Elite E32 29.5" 72lbs - 2014 Elite E35 29.5" 71lbs - 2013 Elite Hunter 29.5" 61lbs
    Slick Trick Viper Tricks - Dead Center Archery Priducts - HHA Sights - QAD HDX

I only use scent killer autumn formula to spray myself down with, but the secret is I leave all my hunting clothes and gear in a large tote that has dirt scent dryer sheets in it and I throw dirt scent wafers in there also and leave them in there all year long works great. in fact I even had a nice up and comming 8 point this past weekend come and sniff my rope in my stand then proceed to bed down 40 yards away from me for 45 minutes he never knew I was there.................

Wildlife Research all their stuff is great

scent away, its not the cheapest, buy IMO it is the best
    Foot on DA head Turkey Calls
    Owner at Foot on DA Head Calls

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by hjort jagare View Post
    You don't use it as mouthwash?Rookie
    yall are nuts.. but i have to admit pretty dang funny though.. i have used scent killer products in the past but Wally World had the Primos on sale at the end of last season so it got the nod for this year. I did not know that Dead Down Wind was all natural and that is never bad for most things. I was hunting last night and had 5 does come with in 35 yards.. 4 went by down wind no problem.. one blew and ran about 40 yds and went back to eating, not sure if it was me she smelled or something else.. i had farted about 3-4 mins before she showed though.. could of been just clearing her nose..

Anybody ever used vanilla killa? Just heard about it and wondered if it works. Basically vanilla spray in a can. Guy I heard it from makes his own

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast