Thread: What can i do with these deer heads?

Question What can i do with these deer heads?

I have 6 Mounted deer heads some on plaques and some are not. All 10 pointers and over. Getting rid off these. Does anyone know what i can do with these? Can i sell them and if i did what would i price them for? I live in maryland if that makes a differance. Please someone lend me some thoughts.

Why are you getting rid of your heads? I cannot imagine getting rid of the memories that are involved with my "trophies"

PM me! I'm in N. VA and am in the process of building a log home in Colorado. I could use another deer mount for art. Pics would be appreciated.

they usually do ok on ebay.

Bargain Bin

I can store them for you till you decide you want them back. Consider it free storage

Put em on ebay. Lots of restararaunts buy them. Also people who want the lodge feel but aren't man enough to shoot their own
    Mathews HeliM-
    "One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted"

just curious...since i've been hunting 13 years and have never seen over an 8 pt in the woods....why would one be trying to sell thier tropheys? i've seen nice heads in pawn shops around here and thought the same thing. i'm not trying to bash ya by anymeans..but i am curious..

Sell them at a sportsman auction or on ebay. The state of IL recently had an auction with several deer heads that were confiscated. From what I understand there is a pretty good market for them....of course the bigger the better.
    Living today like there's no tomorrow!

Ebay!
    I only like to shoot on days that end in "Y"

Quote Originally Posted by j82higgs View Post
    just curious...since i've been hunting 13 years and have never seen over an 8 pt in the woods....why would one be trying to sell thier tropheys? i've seen nice heads in pawn shops around here and thought the same thing. i'm not trying to bash ya by anymeans..but i am curious..
    My guess is loss of interest or lack of room. I have 3 heads sitting in the next room right now because I don't have the room to hang them anywhere. 5 years down the road when we build the next house though, I'll be building it around the mounts.

Most of the time the person that shot them is the only one interested in them, other than businessess that like the decoration. It's not something that many people hand down in the family.
    Living today like there's no tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeout10 View Post
    I have 6 Mounted deer heads some on plaques and some are not. All 10 pointers and over. Getting rid off these. Does anyone know what i can do with these? Can i sell them and if i did what would i price them for? I live in maryland if that makes a differance. Please someone lend me some thoughts.
    Ebay or maybe get in contact with the manager at a Cracker Barrel type restaurant. They like to have them to decorate the restaurant or put them in storage for future restaurants.

The one near me has an awesome buck above the fireplace, only reason I like to eat there! Awesome buck in the 150's or so.
    Rules for posting in the Classifieds-Please click on the link: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/announ....php?f=8&a=168

Proud Staff Shooter for T.R.U Ball releases, Black Eagle Arrows, ProLine Bow Strings, Bohning Archery, Bling Sling & Onestringer Arrow Wraps

I know some guys on here that could use them, so they could at least start an album.
    Quote Originally Posted by gun870guy View Post
    I wish more of you daisies actually went out and failed and learned something on yer own. This isn't a place to learn bowhunting from some J@ck@$$.

I've been looking for one to mount a set of sheds I found on. Shoot me a PM and we'll talk.
    -0------------------------>

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar63 View Post
    I know some guys on here that could use them, so they could at least start an album.
    yeah, but there only "10pts" most on here shoot 12's or bigger!
    they let the smaller ones walk
    WHITETAILS, WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF
    CLOSE SHOT ARTIST

PSE AXE7--PSE DNA

if you have a Cabelas or Bass Pro around they buy mounts to fil their stores with . if not,l try all the small town bow or gun shops. they all want mounts to show that they are a store where hunters can buy gear that will take animals. eventhough they had no hand or anything to do with them being killed. BUt they will pay. Most money will be craigs list and Ebay.

Build a monster truck with deerheads attached all over it and hit the circuit

As mentioned, sell 'em on Ebay.... folks will buy anything.
    An "archer" tries to see how far away he can get from his target and still connect. A "BOWHUNTER" tries to see how CLOSE he can get to his.

repy

Thanks Everyone for your responses. If they were my trophies i wouldnt get rid of them either. But a friend of mine had them because his brother died and didnt want to keep them so i was just checking. He sold them before i could get back to him for $400 for the lot. I think he could have got alot more for them then that but he was in a hurry to get rid of them. A couple were MONSTERS. One 14 point and two 13 points in the mix. I bet the 14 scored 170 or better. Massive deer had a head like a cinder block. Again thanks all!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeout10 View Post
    Thanks Everyone for your responses. If they were my trophies i wouldnt get rid of them either. But a friend of mine had them because his brother died and didnt want to keep them so i was just checking. He sold them before i could get back to him for $400 for the lot. I think he could have got alot more for them then that but he was in a hurry to get rid of them. A couple were MONSTERS. One 14 point and two 13 points in the mix. I bet the 14 scored 170 or better. Massive deer had a head like a cinder block. Again thanks all!!
    yeah, he could have done better than $400 assuming they didn't look like crap.
    Contact me or see my sales threads on predator camo.... etc. all.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter22 View Post
    if you have a Cabelas or Bass Pro around they buy mounts to fil their stores with . if not,l try all the small town bow or gun shops. they all want mounts to show that they are a store where hunters can buy gear that will take animals. eventhough they had no hand or anything to do with them being killed. BUt they will pay. Most money will be craigs list and Ebay.
    Contact Mark Douse at Cabelas. His main job is purchasing mounts.