Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bear Truth 2 string suppressor issue

Bear Truth 2 string suppressor issue

I have a new Truth 2 which is awesome, it shoots great but about 1/2 the time the string after the shot is on the outside left of the upper string suppressor, even when the shot is dead center on the target. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and how they resolved it? The upper idler wheel is aligned perfectly with the string and suppressor, only thing I can imagine is that the tubing for my peep sight is throwing it off or I'm torqueing the bow? This didn't start happening until after maybe 100 shots?

frequently

I have seen it quite frequently at the GM I work at. In my opinion they used too hard of a rubber compound and set the suppressor rubber contact point way to close to the string. Most suppressors work at their optimum if there is about 1/32 to 1/16th of an inch between it and the string. And most use a softer rubber compound. Those Bear bows frequently do that. I am quite certain it is because the string bounces back instead of it being cradled by the rubber material. The shock is not absorbed by the rubber; rather it bounces back, and since the string is momentarily slack, it ends up on the out side of the suppressor bracket/s. It is worse if the shooter has poor form and severly torques the bow.
    I would like to see high speed video slowed down of this. Anyone know of a you tube video?

been there done that

This happened to me as I test shot the bow.I have never been one to think my form is that off kilter I shoot league and my competitors think my form is better than good so I may believe it is bouncing out do I have proof no but never had problems w/ any other bows other than that, the bow shoots awesome !

I will have to check with my buddy but I think he had to shorten the rods.
    Stage 1 Strings Hunting PS / Fury X Archery SS / Dead Center Archery PS / Slick Trick PS / Gold Tip AS / Carbomask PS / Trophy Blend Scents PS / Tenzing FS / Bohning SS / U-Slide PS / Spot Hogg PS / TightSpot Quiver PS / Mossy Oak PS / Swarovski Field Tech / Team QAD PS

Thanks, I've read of one person shortening the rods but the post ends with no feedback on results, this seems to make the most sense since both suppressors push the string out about 1/8-3/16". I've also read of someone speaking to Bear tech. and they told him to bend the bar which makes no sense since it's all aligned. I think my form is good, the arrows are hitting center at 30 yards and it does it off/on. I'll call bear tomorrow.

On other brand bows does the rubber suppressor contact the bow string at rest?

just bend it...

Hey man trust me..this happend to me when I first bought mine. Just grab ahold of the top suppressor and bend it a little. The top supressor is bent a tad to far to the right (if it was like mine and the string is coming off to the left) I just bent the supressor to the left a little and I have had no problems whatsoever afterwards! Trust me...it works

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by kyarrowslinger View Post
    Hey man trust me..this happend to me when I first bought mine. Just grab ahold of the top suppressor and bend it a little. The top supressor is bent a tad to far to the right (if it was like mine and the string is coming off to the left) I just bent the supressor to the left a little and I have had no problems whatsoever afterwards! Trust me...it works
    I was talking to a deale the other day and he said that a guy cam in with the same problem, string missing the suppressor. he called bear they to him to grab it and bend it a little in the right direction. so go for it!
    2012 Hoyt Vector 32
    2012 Hoyt Vector Turbo

Thanks, I may try that

Thanks, I may try that, just doesn't seem like the proper solution when nothing is visually out of alignment. I've read instead of bending you can put some small washers behind were it mounts to the riser. From the previous post it may be that it's jumping off after the shot since there is a perfectly worn line down the midle of the rubber..

I'm going to some shops today to look at other bows suppressors and maybe shorten mine. Do most strings touch the suppressor when bow is at rest or is there a gap?

I have a Truth 2 also, but I haven't had the string come out of the stops yet. The string has cut a big groove in the stops, though. Seems odd that it would happen so quickly. My Cardiac hasn't made a dent in the stop and it's been shoot alot. Need to order a few stops and have them handy just in case. Love that bow, though...
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government..

Same issue with Lights Out

I have the same issue with the Lights out. Called Bear and they told me the same thing, just bend the bar over. Seemed to help some, but I still have it off the suppressor every once in a while. And those shots seem to be off target as well? Still working thought this issue.

My 'beef' with the design...

...is basically why should you have to 'bend' anything; especially on a new bow? They need to make less profit and fix the design. I will never 'buy into' their mentality that 'it's just a little problem'. No it's not! It is a design flaw and needs to be addressed on too many of those bows.
    But then again, that's what you get when a marketing company buys a bow company! I would like to see them 'step up to the plate' and make it right to the consumers who bought their bows.

Split suppressor

I have a Truth 2 and one of the rubber suppressors has split. I believe this happened because of the incorrect alignment between the string and the center of the suppressor. I would like to replace the Bear type of suppressors with a type that is simply flat on the contact surface. Has anyone tried this and if so can you let me know which brand worked?

I am having the issue with the string popping off the string suppressor it is starting to really really annoy me I tried to bend it but its not moving... I don't want to break the thing. Also I heard about someone using bits of aluminum to align the suppressor did anyone else hear of that I tried it and it didn't work but I think I did it wrong. The whole things getting annoying though its a brand new bow and should not have a problem, I tried to call Bear today but there closed on Sunday which makes sense. Any ideas anyone?

I've had my truth 2 for about 2 yrs now and have really started to notice that the top supressor shows more wear than the bottom....hmmm.. I wonder why? Anyway I've heard alot of other truth 2 shooters go thru the rubbers stops like crazy. I've though about taking the top supressor off at times but who know's. I'm not planning on buying another bow just because of a supressor issue though. I guess when the supressors wear out I'll get some more. This is the one area on the truth 2 that I wish was done maybe differently.

Bear Truth 2 Suppressor

Just set mine up last week. Matt at BearFoot archery suggested right from the start that we trim both suppressor rods by about 1/8" as he's done that on one or two other BT2's...Seems those rods are a bit long and push the rubber bumper against the string more than it should be. No gap there out of the box.It seemed to help quite a bit. It's come out a couple times but not at all lately. Wouldn't take much for me to remove them and grind the ends down a bit more if I wanted to. I think once you find the right length of those rods so that the bumper "catches" the string rather then letting it "bounce" off it that problem will stop. Wouldn't take much to bend the rod just a tad either if that helped. If you'll notice, those rods are off-set to the inside of the riser making the bumper itself off-set at the string. And if it's too close to the string to start with the string will just chew a deepening slot right in the stopper. I think when the length is correct very few problems will come back. I might pick up a couple spare stoppers, only because the bow is new, and have them here if I decide to ever change them. East fix.
    If it's a design flaw it's about the smallest one I've ever seen. Have to set each bow up to work for you. They aren't all exactly the same. I'm selling my two-cam bow for the BT2...I like the single cam and am getting about 274 fps w/a 350gr arrow at 60 lbs. Plenty of usable speed. Easy to tune. Accurate. I expect this bow to be a good one for quite awhile.

The sting on mine only ends up on the wrong side of the supressor when I grip the bow too hard and torque the bow out away from me. Did this a few times then figured out what I was doing wrong. When I gripped it properly, no issues.

Not saying this is the issue here, but caused me an issue.

I agreee with firewood. I cut about 1/8" off each rod to were the rubber is bareley touching the string. Should help the rubber stoppers last a lot longer. This is a great shooting bow. Once you have done this small mod, you should have no problems.
    MR 5 28" 70 lbs

i own a truth 2 and had the same problem. I talked bear archery and they said to turn the suppressor around.

I had a 2009 Done Deal. Not a Truth 2, obviously, but the same dual arcing string suppressors are employed on both and the bows are nearly identical.

After encountering the same issue, I contacted Bear customer support and was told to bend the lower suppressor (that is where the string was hopping off the suppressor). I asked him why I should have to bend anything on a new bow and he stated there was no way to know if things had been stacked on top of the bow or mishandling occurred during shipping causing the suppressor(s) to be misaligned.

I bent the lower suppressor rod just a bit and never had the problem again.

Cheers!
    My enemy is made of foam and mocks me.
    Bow in hand, I stalk my enemy with extreme prejudice and inexorable resolve.
    Ego vadum vindicatum victoria super meus hostilis.

i was having the same issue and it was loose, cant remeber where the screw was or how it worked but it was loose!!! i am sure you have already checked that but wanted to make sure.

I had the same problem on my Bear Strike and all I did was rotate the rubber suppressor 180 degrees and problem was solved.

Quote Originally Posted by kyarrowslinger View Post

I heard this come strait out of a Bear Archery Techs mouth. Or you can put a shim spacer behind which ever screw would move the suppressor over the right direction.

Or you could get a small rubber o-ring and if the string is comming off to the left of the string you put o-ring in screw closest to string,between supressor and riser,so when you tighten screws it will keep the supressor just to the left enough to catch the string,like it's suppose too.If the string lands to the right of suppresor then you put o-ring on screw furthest from string.

or what post #22 said.........................
    2010 PSE x-force Axe 7,,,,,,,29"x45#

Member hoytcharger2013 owes me $20.00 or the quiver I purchased from him neg feedback was left, nothing worse than a thief......

String suppressor stop issue

I have a Truth 2 and was shooting at 28" (for about a full year) with no problems. I just added 1" to my draw and the string started jumping the stops, which led me to believe that my form was messed up. Went back to the 28" just to see and it stopped happening. I'm going to put the 29" cam module back on and work on my form. Also, I've replaced the stops twice in the last 18 months I've owned the bow. Think i'm going to cut the supressors too and follow up after that.

Quote Originally Posted by knapweed View Post
    I have a Truth 2 and one of the rubber suppressors has split. I believe this happened because of the incorrect alignment between the string and the center of the suppressor. I would like to replace the Bear type of suppressors with a type that is simply flat on the contact surface. Has anyone tried this and if so can you let me know which brand worked?
    I shortened and bent the rods to be inline with the string and added BowJax Knucklesavers....made a big difference.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast