Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women's Hunting boots

Women's Hunting boots

I need help finding a good hunting boot. I had a pair of Brownings years ago that I just loved. They were so comfortable. Well Browning doesn't make that boot anymore. I currently have a Cabelas hunting boot that at first seemed comfortable but the lat few times I have gone out I have got blisters on my heel. Same socks, same everything. What boots do you all use? What are likes and dislikes? I am looking for a waterproof boot that I can do all hunting in, Upland, duck deer, etc.

3D
    Dedication
    Determination
    Desire

I wear the Lacrosse Alpha Burley and love them! They are rubber boots so they don't leave any scent behind. I like them because the sole is actually made like an athletic shoe. They are so comfortable. The only down fall is that they can be pretty hot in the summer and spring. I am from south Georgia and our archery season begins when the temps are still in the low 90's - mid 80's, so they can get pretty hot. I still wear mine though.

Mine are not insulated like the ones in the link below. I paid $129 for them 2 years ago and they are still in great shape. We tread through the swamps all the time and through woods and fields hunting and they have held up great.

Here they are:http://www.shoebuy.com/lacrosse-alph.../272146/584287

Well here is another one of my stories...lol

I have some alpha burleys that were great until all the felt got wore off the inside right where my heels go...long story short....we hunted Saturday and I wore them becuase it was supposed to rain...which it did....my feet didn't get wet but I have two huge blisters that I am dealing with now. I am tempted to throw the boots away, they really made me mad..lol

I got a pair of Danner Pronghorns last year and absolutely love them. They are comfortable from the start and didn't need to be broken in. I will wear these from now on. The Danners are a tad expensive but you do get what you pay for. I have learned this finally and won't skimp on equipment anymore.

Good luck in your quest!!
    Welcome to Tennessee....Patron state of shooting stuff

I've heard Danner Pronghorns are awesome. That is the next pair that I am going to buy.

Check out the Cabela's speed hunter boot. I need a new pair now, I have had mine for 8 yrs or so.. They are a midtop boot 8", light weight 3.2# a pair but water proof. And fit and wear like a athletic shoe... And not bad price for long lastin boot.. $99.99..

http://www.cabelas.com/link-12/produ...7811948a.shtml
    and here is the speed hunter 2, I am wantin a pair of these next
    www.cabelas.com/p-0042975.shtml
    2011 New Breed archery Gentix (blackedout)
    shooting staff: Trophy Chicks Prostaff, Dead Center Archery Stabilizers, Trophy Blend, , Schmidty's strings, Muddy Girl/Moon Shine..

I have heard awesome things about the danner pronghorn but I wear a 6 1/2 so I cn't find anywhere so that I can try them on. I bought a pair of leather hi-tek boots and I love them but after 2 years I need a new pair Needless to say I will be watching this thread closely because I really want to know too!

I absolutely LOVE my Muck Books! They are lightweight, durable, comfortable and waterproof! I can walk for hours in them.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkifay View Post
    I have heard awesome things about the danner pronghorn but I wear a 6 1/2 so I cn't find anywhere so that I can try them on. I bought a pair of leather hi-tek boots and I love them but after 2 years I need a new pair Needless to say I will be watching this thread closely because I really want to know too!
    They are making the pronghorns in womens sizing now, you might want to check that out!!

I wear MuckBoots. They are called Woody.............."Something" , I don't really remember exactly what the name is. I love them, i love duck hunting and in 11 degree weather, standing in shallow water, my feet get a little chilly sometimes, but never cold enough that im willing to go to the truck. They arent womens size but I can wear heavy socks and not have my feet feeling crammed in. Also, they make those foot insert warmers that fit perfectly, and work wonderfully. My next boot, will be another Muck Boot. I have had them for almost 3 years, and am nowhere near needing a new pair. they r tough.

I can't use a rubber boot. In the west most of our hunting is spot and stalk. We don’t do a lot of tree stand hunting. I sometimes hunt in some rugged areas, especially for chucker. I need something that is durable with really good ankle support. I have considered the Danner pronghorns but they are on the pricy side. If they hold up them I do not mind spending the money. For those that have them did you order your true size or did you have to order them smaller or larger? Has anyone tried the Irish Setter Lady Hawks? They look comfortable.

Kimmiedawn, I currently have the Cabela’s Speed Hunter and after loving them for the first couple years the last few times I have gone out they are giving me blisters. Just not as comfortable any more.
    3D
    Dedication
    Determination
    Desire

Here is the link to the womens sizes

http://www.danner.com/category/hunti...n%26rsquo-s.do

I bought the mens in an 8 and it fits perfect. I know tnarcherychic has a pair also and she has the womens so she can give her evaluation of hers.

Another vote for the Danners!

Quote Originally Posted by thedogmother View Post
    Kimmiedawn, I currently have the Cabela’s Speed Hunter and after loving them for the first couple years the last few times I have gone out they are giving me blisters. Just not as comfortable any more.
    LOL that is why I said I need new ones.. They are a good boot for the price, and you get 2 or 3 seasons out of em.. Then time for new ones.. I have the problem of havin big feet so I cant wear womens boots have to get mens.. And I dont like realy tall boots. 6-8 or 9" is perfect for me.
    shooting staff: Trophy Chicks Prostaff, Dead Center Archery Stabilizers, Trophy Blend, , Schmidty's strings, Muddy Girl/Moon Shine..

Thanks all for your feedback. I have decided to get the Danners. A little $$ but sounds like they will last for years and are comfortable. You gals that can fit into a mens boot are so lucky. You have such a wide option of boots. I have small feet. I wear a 5 in youths.
    3D
    Dedication
    Determination
    Desire

Thanks all for your feedback. I have decided to get the Danners. A little $$ but sounds like they will last for years and are comfortable. You gals that can fit into a mens boot are so lucky. You have such a wide option of boots. I have small feet. I wear a 5 in youths.
    wow little feet, I have a friend here that wears a 4 in youth boots.. I wear an 8 in mens and 10 in ladies..

I wear the same size. You will be very happy with the danners!

Hey Farmgirl

Do you have a pair of Danner's? If so, what size did you buy. Sounds like we have the same size foot. I don't know if I should get a 6 or 6.5.
    3D
    Dedication
    Determination
    Desire

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by hogdgz View Post
    I wear the Lacrosse Alpha Burley and love them! They are rubber boots so they don't leave any scent behind. I like them because the sole is actually made like an athletic shoe. They are so comfortable. The only down fall is that they can be pretty hot in the summer and spring. I am from south Georgia and our archery season begins when the temps are still in the low 90's - mid 80's, so they can get pretty hot. I still wear mine though.

Mine are not insulated like the ones in the link below. I paid $129 for them 2 years ago and they are still in great shape. We tread through the swamps all the time and through woods and fields hunting and they have held up great.

Here they are:http://www.shoebuy.com/lacrosse-alph.../272146/584287

I wear the insulated alphaburly boots and absolutely love them!!

Hey Farmgirl

Do you have a pair of Danner's? If so, what size did you buy. Sounds like we have the same size foot. I don't know if I should get a 6 or 6.5.
    I will look when I get home and let you know. If you are getting the 1000 gram thinsulate ones go bigger. I know that I had to get a bigger size with the added insulation. I also have fat feet, think duck like! But I can't swim worth a darn! I'll get back with you.

Muck boots are my favorites. I have their warm and cold weather boots. I can't imagine wearing anything else

I need some good hunting boots too. All i have right now is a pair of waterproof Columbia hiking boots. They work pretty good, and keep me warm with good socks, but i want taller ones. I'd love to have some Danner's but there is NO WAY i'm getting Danners before hubby does! LOL!

So I looked long and hard for my boots, being I am a baby- Must be comfortable and warm! Also a cheap-skate
    I tried the lady hawks, and the few minutes in the store & they were not comfortable enough- IMO.
    I ended up going with Georgia's... I LOVE them!! They are the Sport & Trail with thinsulate 600, they are waterproof, and I only paid about $80 bucks. I have hiked miles in them, and love them, never an ache in my feet since day 1. They don't really even have a 'break in' time. I also have basically the same pair, just with no thinsulate for the summers, and on my hunt last weekend, the feet were great.
    Oh, ya.. I got them at Sportsmans.
    Good luck on your search.

Hi all

Thanks all for your imput. I ordered the Danners and according to the tracking # they should arrive today. Lets hope I ordered the correct size. I hate not being able to try them on. I leave on my Idaho hunt next Thursday so if they do not fit I will have to order another pair and pay for next day shipping then return the ones that don't fit.
    3D
    Dedication
    Determination
    Desire

Where in ID are you hunting?

Hi all

Thanks all for your imput. I ordered the Danners and according to the tracking # they should arrive today. Lets hope I ordered the correct size. I hate not being able to try them on. I leave on my Idaho hunt next Thursday so if they do not fit I will have to order another pair and pay for next day shipping then return the ones that don't fit.
    And i stand corrected. I CAN go get Danners because hubby DOES have some already! Apparently i missed the part where he spent $200 bucks on boots! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by MommaTurbo View Post
    Where in ID are you hunting?

And i stand corrected. I CAN go get Danners because hubby DOES have some already! Apparently i missed the part where he spent $200 bucks on boots! lol!
    There ya go!!! As I was prowling last night I found a pair of boots the hubby has gotten hisself that I didnt' know about. So now I don't feel so bad about the new bow I am fixing to get!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast