Thread: Anyone out there used the Climb Paws tree steps?

Anyone out there used the Climb Paws tree steps?

They look interesting. I wonder what they are made of?
    http://climbpaws.com/

Not very well known yet, I guess...

just got some

I just got 2 sets today, so no real experience,yet. Climbed to about 20-22 ft behind the house.
    VERY quiet steps, easy to put on the tree. Feel pretty sturdy.
    I don't know what they are made of, but it is NOT PVC. It has a little more 'give' to it than PVC.
    I will follow up with a more thorough review when I have some real hunting experience (and also when I am not having to type on my Blackberry at church!!)
    BTW,I had an issue with Fedex losing mine and the owner of the company personally called me to apologize and drove to the fedex depot and overnighted me some more! He also took the time to answer many of my questions (they won't freeze and break, they have had 450 lb people use them, they have run over them with atvs, they weigh 9 oz each, etc)
    Great customer service like that really has me rooting for this little company to do well.

Hey thanks for all the info! Good luck on your hunt.

look kind of bulky to pack around

keep us posted
    You know what makes me sad? YOU DO ya JackWagon

If you choose not to decide....you still have made a choice.

somewhat bulky

Quote Originally Posted by trebor69 View Post
    look kind of bulky to pack around

keep us posted
    yes, they are bulkier than screw-in steps, but so much easier to put on the tree. Like I said, I just got them today, so I haven't figured out exactly the best way to transport.
    Today, I just slung 12 of them over my shoulder and pulled them off as I climbed the tree (with lineman's belt attached the whole time). I usually use Lone Wolf sticks (4 of the regular ones), or steel climbing sticks that I leave on the tree. These are MUCH lighter and quieter than either of those options. I don't think there is much of an advantage in packing in over the LW sticks (although 12 of the climb paws weigh 7lbs vs. LW (12 steps,also) weigh 11 lbs-both measured on my digital fish scale tonight.
    The steps on the climbpaws are huge! I would feel safe in the dark on these dudes. Since they are hollow, they also make good hand-holds and I even put my thermacell down in one of them to keep the skeeters at bay when I was messing around with them today!
    I am interested to see if they get in the way as I am walking through the woods to hunt this weekend.
    I will report back with the results.

ttt

Any one else has more information on them?

They look like and alternative the my LW sticks. I like the idea of them beeb lighter and quieter, so more confortable to walk with in the woods.
    Hoyt AlphaElite 2011 53# 29" CBE QuadLite, GT 5575 405 gr. @ 251 fps
    Hoyt Katera 2008 68#, 29" HHA 5519, GT 7595, 490 Gr. @ 260 fps
    Carter Quickie 1+, Nockturnals, Blazers, B-Stinger, SteelHeads-4

I hunted with them this year and set mine up in the pitch black at 5:30 am. I use a Treesuit and loop them over each shoulder and they are very easy to transport and I could taker a shot from the ground if needed. I really like their size- easy to find with big boots on. They are very secure once you initially put weight on them and "set them". The guys who run the company are very good guys and will assist you and answer any further questions. I am waiting on a set of "Top Paws" that are designed for Treesaddle/Treesuit users and are angled for maximum comfort for your top 2 steps. ClimbPaws are a well thought of product and are deffinatley part of my hunting arsenal.

Any one else?
    Hoyt AlphaElite 2011 53# 29" CBE QuadLite, GT 5575 405 gr. @ 251 fps
    Hoyt Katera 2008 68#, 29" HHA 5519, GT 7595, 490 Gr. @ 260 fps
    Carter Quickie 1+, Nockturnals, Blazers, B-Stinger, SteelHeads-4

These have awesome potential, just wish they were a little more compact OR easier way to carry. Overall pretty cool product! Its amazing how far hunting has came, from bulky climbers to elegant light weight climbing sticks and yet we all try to better and upgrade. We all find the cons and complain about a product, lol.

They are definitely a great idea. I too wish they were a little easier to carry and one of these days I'll come up with a way that works well for me.

Looks like a neat idea. But I would suggest tapering them at the bottom so you could stack them like cups. Maybe have 2 stacks hanging from you instead of 12 loose objects.

That would be nice. I was under the impression they would somewhat fit together when I bought them but I was wrong.

How are they in the cold. are they quiet in sub freezing conditions?

They should be fine Yedi but I haven't tried to use them in sub freezing temps yet. Don't get many of those days in South Alabama fortunately.

I picked up a pair yesterday. Someone stole my other sticks so I had to make a decision. The guys I got them from have used them for about 3 years before they started recommending them. So far they've been right every time they told me to try something. So we'll see

Sorry about your sticks getting stolen. I hope you enjoy the climb paws.

I just got a set two weeks ago....there is a bit of a learning curve as there is with a tree saddle, but once you have a routine down, you will not look back!! Easy to set up, way lighter tham a set of climbing sticks, quiet, and easily concealed...Very happy with my purchase!!!