Thread: Limbsaver String Decelerator

Limbsaver String Decelerator

Has anyone used one of these? Thinking about trying one. Let me know. Cheeks out!!!

Cheeks they are awesome. I have it installed on my bowrattler and before that my stock unit and it made a difference.
    2013 PSE Omen Max Crackerized

Monster Raxx Shooting Staff ** Hips Targets Pro Staff **U-Slide Shooting Staff
    **DLC Camera Pro Staff ** Bow Rattler Shooting Staff

Thanks Parkerbow, anyone else? Cheeks out!!!

i've got one. sounds loud to the shooter, but those around you can't hear it. i like mine.
    2011 Martin Onza ~ Tru-Glo Xtreme ~ QAD Ultra HD ~ Smooth Stability Stab ~ Tight Spot
    2004 Martin Phantom II ~ Nitrous B Shoot-thru ~ Elite Limbs ~ Martin Steel Rest ~ Sure-Loc/Black Eagle
    2007 Martin Slayer ~ Nitrous C Shoot-thru ~ Brite Site Tuner Rest Sure-Loc/Black Eagle
    NRA Life Member

I put one on my old Mathews Feather-Light, and I thought it made the bow louder. I had a slight string twang on my bow, and I thought the Limbsaver would fix this. It did fix the twang, but instead I got a louder thwack sound when the string hit the Limbsaver. I ended up taking it off and using cat whiskers tied to the string. This seemed to work the best for me.

How does it work for the vibration? Cheeks out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaj97 View Post
    I put one on my old Mathews Feather-Light, and I thought it made the bow louder. I had a slight string twang on my bow, and I thought the Limbsaver would fix this. It did fix the twang, but instead I got a louder thwack sound when the string hit the Limbsaver. I ended up taking it off and using cat whiskers tied to the string. This seemed to work the best for me.
    Kaj

The Limbsaver Decelerator is for your string suppressor so I don't understand how you could remove and replace it with cat whiskers.

cheeks I started with a stock unit from Pearson and upgraded to a bowjaxs and thinks the limbsaver is the best so far
    2013 PSE Omen Max Crackerized

Monster Raxx Shooting Staff ** Hips Targets Pro Staff **U-Slide Shooting Staff
    **DLC Camera Pro Staff ** Bow Rattler Shooting Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerBow View Post
    Kaj

The Limbsaver Decelerator is for your string suppressor so I don't understand how you could remove and replace it with cat whiskers.

cheeks I started with a stock unit from Pearson and upgraded to a bowjaxs and thinks the limbsaver is the best so far
    well.. the limbsaver is the best one i have used.. out one one my new bow two days ago when i bought it.. i set the bow up (parker blackhawk) and shot with the rubber stopper that came from parker.. then pulled it off and put the decelerator module on it.. big difference! quieted up the bow.. alot. loving it!

I have one on my Speedzone and its awesome. Then again the bow is a Limbsaver!
    Rules for posting in the Classifieds-Please click on the link: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/announ....php?f=8&a=168

Proud Staff Shooter for T.R.U Ball releases, Black Eagle Arrows, ProLine Bow Strings, Bohning Archery, Bling Sling & Onestringer Arrow Wraps

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerBow View Post
    Kaj

Originally my bow didn't have a string supressor on it at all. I bought the entire rod/mounting bracket/rubber supressor module that Limbsaver sells. I was just trying to get rid of the slight twang in my string when the bow was shot. I (and the other people who shot it) felt the bow was quieter with just the cat whiskers on the string than with the Limbsaver on without cat whiskers. The Limbsaver did seem to reduce hand shock though.

Mine tightened my groups up instantly. It made my bow ultra quiet as well, with just a short "thump" sound being the only noise heard. Just make sure that you serve the string where it comes in contact with the Navcom bumper of the suppressor.

That's cool, didn't realize that it might improve accuracy, but it makes sense. Thanks. Cheeks out!!!