a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How can I shoot my bow inside my apartment?

Quote Originally Posted by kyle31490 View Post
    I have resources here. I do not have a bag or any form of target here, but I'm depressed and really wanna shoot my bow. Inside is my only option. I will be shooting 10-15 yards. I have gerneral household items, magizines, etc. I know this is a bad idea, but I'm gonna do it, and do it safely. I know some of you people have done it before though

Any ideas?
    *** lol you'll miss the target and your arrow will go right through the drywall to your nabhors and kill the old ladys kitty cat, give the old lady a hard attack you'll get 25 years for animal cruelity 2 years for man slaughter, then the prisoners will use you as target practice with a big bulls eye on your ass lol!!!

It's 10:42 and dark out.

I got this though. Thanks guys!

Update later!
    ooooh....you mean "now" literally. i would wait. most really stupid things start innocently enough.

i have shot in the dark with a light set over my target, and used pin lights. works with rifles too.
    #1 Elite Energy 35

#2:mathews ZSEVEN

It's 10:42 and dark out.
    Goes hand in hand with the phrase "Hold mah beer and watch this..."

I brief my squadron just about every month: "If you think what you're about to do might make a popular video clip, stop and think it over."

preserve wildlife .... use freezer bags

Quote Originally Posted by hitman846 View Post
    Thats the best advice yet!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by icefishur96 View Post
    Pillow case stuffed with old clothes. Cut off any zippers or buttons first.
    This is the easiest and most effective solution. If you want to find out if the soon to be wife is a keeper, fill it with her clothes.

seriously...u cant mark off 20-30 yards in the parking lot or in the yard....come on....
    Luv's Baby Wipes Pro Staffer

WOWglad I dont live on the other side of your apartment wall
    Arrow wraps ----> bowmanhunter.com--**AUTHORIZED RHINO BLINDS DEALER**
    If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it Happy moments, praise God.Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God.Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.
    I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
    God said, "No. His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary

you are aware that this may get you kicked out if someone calls the landlord i think it would be counted as firing a weapon but do as you wish be sure not to use a slleping bag for your target you and the new wife may need it soon enough..
    NEW BREED ARCHERY

HARD-ON THE TRAIL Pro Staff

TEAM #29

I know this is a bad idea, but I'm gonna do it, and do it safely.
    You know it's a bad idea...but at least you're going to do it safely.

Wow.

Talking

He's a Pa. bow hunter.....we're like that
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I thought I was bad...

I did the old pillow case (2 of them), then the magizines behind it, then 3 quilts behind that. Worked great! Didn't have any troubles!

And as for safety, I am here alone, and I live in a really big house, but there is an up and downstairs apartments here, and I live in the downstairs. Even if a fluke happened and I totaled missed, I still had 2 more rooms in my apartment, then the next thing is the front porch, then the front yard. No chance of killing any kitty's

It was fun and I feel a bit better.
    Aim steady. Shoot straight. Apoligize to no one.

Red face

msnbc special report: .........lol.

No way this is for real.

I used to shoot in my apartment all the time, had a black hole target and set an old table top up behind it just in case (After I missed once :P )

I strongly suggest getting a bag target for indoor usage if this is going to become a common occurrence, they aren't expensive and they stop arrows very well.

Quote Originally Posted by pizzle View Post
    No way this is for real.
    Why???? I shoot inside alot and have for years. Dude needed to shoot somthing, its an instinct we as men cant control at times

landlord won't be happy to patch holes
    Fiancee won't be happy to patch holes in either
    get a camera this may be worth 10K on AFV

Good advice" if your about to do something and it might become someones favorite video clip better think again"

ADDICTION IS A WORD THAT COMES TO MIND

This is a fun post
    Bowtech Carbon Overdrive
    Bowtech Tribute
    FMJ's,

Quote Originally Posted by olinLA View Post

Good advice" if your about to do something and it might become someones favorite video clip better think again"

This is a fun post
    So you think this is a drunk with an addiction problem just because he was shooting inside? He had the smarts to come on here and ask for help.... He took ALOT of precautions and SUCCEEDED!!! Stop the negativity and realize this is somthing that millions of others have been doing for years.
    I think the guys who DONT practice and just go hunting are the ones with problems. Kudos to the OP for "Gitting it dun"

Quote Originally Posted by bowhunterdave View Post
    Why???? I shoot inside alot and have for years. Dude needed to shoot somthing, its an instinct we as men cant control at times
    Yeah. But you shoot traditional gear so your opinion does not count.

Quote Originally Posted by bowhunterdave View Post
    So you think this is a drunk with an addiction problem just because he was shooting inside? He had the smarts to come on here and ask for help.... He took ALOT of precautions and SUCCEEDED!!! Stop the negativity and realize this is somthing that millions of others have been doing for years.
    I think the guys who DONT practice and just go hunting are the ones with problems. Kudos to the OP for "Gitting it dun"
    Touched a nerve huh? No I am addicted to bowhunting and love it didn't say he was a drunk....no negativity intended unwad your panties

I shoot almost every day.....

He is admired for his effort
    Bowtech Carbon Overdrive
    Bowtech Tribute
    FMJ's,

No I am addicted to bowhunting and love it didn't say he was a drunk....no negativity intended unwad your panties

I shoot every day.....

He is admired for his effort
    X 2.... but it does sound like something a drunk would do, after the bars had closed!!!

grow up

This is a fun post
    Yeah, this is a fun one. OP and I are a lot alike... I've been shooting in my house for a long timeand am addicted to archery and hunting, and have uttered the words "hold mah beer and watch this" (it was a first beer, just opened, said for the humor of it).

More power to you, OP, for doing it right and having some fun!

Now get the fiancee into it too!
    preserve wildlife .... use freezer bags

Exclamation

For a dead serious response ---
    If you do this, make sure to shoot towards and exterior wall rather than an interior wall (a wall shared with an adjacent room). An arrow will penetrate sheet rock like a piece of cardboard, and have enough energy left to kill someone in the adjacent room. I once was pulling back a Hoyt with a borrowed release. I first made two decisions. First to nock an arrow, and second to aim towards an outside wall. There was someone else in the house. The unthinkable happened. The release failed. The Gold Tip went thru the sheetrock and was destroyed by the exterior bricks. It left me with a very uneasy feeling. What if I had not thought to aim towards and outside wall? I occasionally try to impress upon shooters that releases can and do fail. This can also pose a serious risk when archers are shooting outdoors towards close-by houses. The key is not to sky (aim upward) the bow while drawing. Archers trying to pull too much weight (and some others) tend to sky their bows. If the release or loop fails, the arrow can go a long ways with lethal force. Even if you don't do any damage with an errant arrow, you could still end up in a heap of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    This is the easiest and most effective solution. If you want to find out if the soon to be wife is a keeper, fill it with her clothes.
    roflmao!!

Jeez, I see some people dis-aprooved

I thought it was fun. It was my first time, and if I make a habit of it then i'll get a better set-up. It was not influenced by any kind of substance abuse, I just wanted to shoot my bow, can't do it outside here, didn't have a vehicle at the time, so I came here for some pointers before I did it. I was the only one in the entire house, and honestly, it's pretty hard to miss 2 stuffed pillow cases at 10 yards

But, I still put lots of other stuff behind them just incase of some freak accident or a mechanical failure.

I think it's more dangerous to go fishing than to do what I did , you could drown there.
    Aim steady. Shoot straight. Apoligize to no one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast