Archery Talk Forum banner

How can I shoot my bow inside my apartment?

23K views 56 replies 38 participants last post by  PAOUTDOORWOMAN 
#1 ·
I have resources here. I do not have a bag or any form of target here, but I'm depressed and really wanna shoot my bow. Inside is my only option. I will be shooting 10-15 yards. I have gerneral household items, magizines, etc. I know this is a bad idea, but I'm gonna do it, and do it safely. I know some of you people have done it before though :)

Any ideas?

#9 ·
A stack of magazines with a ratchet strap.

#17 ·
For a backstop if you miss your target, hang a couple quilts or heavy blankets with a foot or more between them, and let the bottoms hang loose. If you miss the first loose blanket will slow the arrow a lot and turn it from flying straight, the second should stop or capture it as the arrow won't be hitting it straight on like a dart, but rather traveling a little sideways.

A bunch of folks are curious... what's the urgency? Just nuts from not having shot in awhile? :darkbeer:

#26 ·
*** lol you'll miss the target and your arrow will go right through the drywall to your nabhors and kill the old ladys kitty cat, give the old lady a hard attack you'll get 25 years for animal cruelity 2 years for man slaughter, then the prisoners will use you as target practice with a big bulls eye on your ass lol!!!

#31 ·
WOW:eek:glad I dont live on the other side of your apartment wall:zip:

#32 ·
you are aware that this may get you kicked out if someone calls the landlord i think it would be counted as firing a weapon but do as you wish be sure not to use a slleping bag for your target you and the new wife may need it soon enough..

#36 ·
I did the old pillow case (2 of them), then the magizines behind it, then 3 quilts behind that. Worked great! Didn't have any troubles! :darkbeer:

And as for safety, I am here alone, and I live in a really big house, but there is an up and downstairs apartments here, and I live in the downstairs. Even if a fluke happened and I totaled missed, I still had 2 more rooms in my apartment, then the next thing is the front porch, then the front yard. No chance of killing any kitty's :confused:

It was fun and I feel a bit better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.