Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warmest Hunting Boots????

Warmest Hunting Boots????

Hey all, looking to buy some good late season cold weather boots. I hate having cold feet!!! Any suggestions? Has anyone had good luck with a particular brand?

Muck boots woody max, do a search lots of good stuff written these are comfortable ,light and warm. My cold feet like them a lot.
    09 AlienX, QAD HD Pro, PSE TopGun Slider, Anchor Sight, S-Coil
    07 Ross,Cardiac, QAD Hunter pro, Predator IV Pendulam, Anchor Sight, S Coil,
    FOB user

rubber boots with foot warmers in them. I think they are called boot warmers, and are like handwarmers that go in your boots work great
    Toelke takedown whip 58#@28
    Obsession Lethal Force 2 Black riser predator limbs!
    z7Xtreme Black riser camo 75# limbs

Any waterproof boots with thinsulate will work.They key to great warmth is proper sizing and a quality sock configuration.

Here's the key:
    1. Get them a half size too big.
    2. Get a pair of Smartwool Hiking Liner socks (they're black, ultra thin, and made of merino wool)
    3. Put on a pair of those charcoal toe warmer thingy's. They stick on to your liner socks. (this step is optional, and I only use these things on really cold days. Not good if you need to walk much- only good for extended tree stand sitting)
    4. Put a pair of Smartwool Hunting Extra Heavy OTC socks on over the liner socks.

The extra room created by getting the boots a little bit big will allow circulation. Don't tie your boots too tight. You need your feet to get good blood flow. Move your toes a ton.

Smartwool can't be beat.
    Mathews DXT
    Spot Hogg HOGG-IT, Wrapped, Signed, SDP7 w/ Light, & 4X Lens.
    B-Stinger in Lost Camo,
    Cavalier Avalanche Fall Away Rest

Lacrosse pack boots with wool socks. I love 'em. I've been freezing my cajones off in a tree, but my feet weren't cold. Seriously. But my AlphaBurlies with wool socks are toasty, too. Both are gusseted and waterproof.
    Sent via my 1918 Bell hand crank phone

I like rocky bear claws myself. Never let me down

White Mickey Mouse Boots

ttt

Muck boots woody max....
    STOKERIZED SOLID AIMING SOLUTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by gman57 View Post
    Muck boots woody max, do a search lots of good stuff written these are comfortable ,light and warm. My cold feet like them a lot.
    +1 on the Muck Woody Max and I wear wool socks!

Quote Originally Posted by gman57 View Post
    Took the typing right out of my fingers! I got a pair for last season and I can't wait to be able to wear them again but they are no good when its 80-95 degrees!

Just my own experience: Thinsulate + wool + toe warmers won't work for late season unless there's enough Thinsulate - bare minimum 1000. If you can get to your stand without your toes getting cold, Arcticshield Boot Insulators or Icebreaker Insulated Boot Blankets work great.

You don't want to hike in them but if you put them on when you get set up, they'll keep in the heat you've got. Last year I had on 600gm boots with toe warmers, and dropped one of my ArcticShields on the way to the stand. So rather than hike back after it, I used the one I had on my right foot. After about an hour my left foot was so cold I had to leave. But my right foot was just fine.

I use Lacrosse Burly 1200. But, the trick is where wool with a synthetic liner sock and change them when you get to your treestand. Just put them in a zip lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster of Xs View Post
    Lacrosse pack boots with wool socks. I love 'em. I've been freezing my cajones off in a tree, but my feet weren't cold..
    I went this route last year and it was the warmest my feet have been in years. Go wih the -100 or -120 degree version and a good pair of socks with a high wool conent.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt123 View Post
    Just my own experience: Thinsulate + wool + toe warmers won't work for late season unless there's enough Thinsulate - bare minimum 1000. If you can get to your stand without your toes getting cold, Arcticshield Boot Insulators or Icebreaker Insulated Boot Blankets work great.

You don't want to hike in them but if you put them on when you get set up, they'll keep in the heat you've got. Last year I had on 600gm boots with toe warmers, and dropped one of my ArcticShields on the way to the stand. So rather than hike back after it, I used the one I had on my right foot. After about an hour my left foot was so cold I had to leave. But my right foot was just fine.
    Better yet just take your boots off once in your stand and slid your feet into the boot blankets with the hand warmers already in there. You wont believe how warm and comfortable your feet will be.

LaCrosse SST 1200G thinsulate, Smart Wool socks
    WhitetailAffliction .com Addict
    Whitetail Affliction...There is no cure
    Official Measurer Pope & Young,Hoosier Record buck Program, Long Hunter, NASHA
    ANTLERTALK.com Pro Staff

definately wear wool socks. even if your feet sweat from walking the wool will still keep them warm.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt123 View Post

+1 for the Arctic Shield Boot Insulators!
    2013 Elite Pure Ninja 60#, 30" - QAD HDX, HHA OL-5510, Tightspot, Elite Doinker/Stokerized stabilizer, CE Maxima Blue Streak 350's, blazer vanes

Cabelas Saskatchawan pac's

How ever you spell it
    I have nothing to say.

Muck boots.........They are light weight and they will keep your feet toasty!!!!!!!

Muck..woody max..AWESOME

Quote Originally Posted by 116Buck View Post
    White Mickey Mouse Boots

+ 1 even with all the new boots these are still the warmest boot around.

Muck Woody Max

I'm with Dextee!!

Cabelas Saskatchewan Pac boots all the way!!!

Quote Originally Posted by btomlin View Post
    I'm with Dextee!!

Cabelas Saskatchewan Pac boots all the way!!!
    Those boots or Lacrosse Hunting pac boots I have had great luck with both up to -30 ice fishing & well below freezing while on stand for several hours.

For all of you guy wearing muck. I am trying to understand how they can be any good. To me they look like they have a rubber outer membrane which wont allow your feet to breathe so your sweat will just stay.

Please enlighten me as my feet get colder by each year and need something new.
    "You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete." -- Buckminster Fuller

"It is unfortunately none too well understood that, just as the State has no money of its own, so it has no power of its own." ~Albert J. Nock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast