a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: reezen cam lean

reezen cam lean

I think my new Reezen may have a little cam lean. How can I tell for sure, and what can I do to fix it, if anything?

Thanks

lay an arrow along the cam and see if it parallels the string.
    if the arrow dives one way or the other from the string,you have lean.
    you cant fix cam lean,it has something to do with either cam,bearings,limbs...
    you can fix idler lean with the cables.

Thanks, I appreciate the help. So, if I have lean, should I contact my shop/Mathews? I mean is a certain amount of lean acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by FatboyStew View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate the help. So, if I have lean, should I contact my shop/Mathews? I mean is a certain amount of lean acceptable?
    On some bows it's mandatory and unexcapable.
    Stable full of Hoyt Bows... Home of the White Alpha Triad !! (Alpha Elite, AlphaBurner, Alphamax 35)
    Spot On Bowstrings, Fuse Carbon Blades, Doinker Stabilizers (Doink On), Axcel Sights, AAE, Scott, Bow Rattler
    Viper Sights, NAP Rests, Easton & Beman Shafts, Limbsavers, Tru-Ball.

I tested it with an arrow against the cam, and it doesn't run paralell, but doesn't seem real bad. Is any lean acceptable?

i bought a used reezen that had bad lean. i took it to my trusted pro shop to look at.
    the shop owner said if it shoots well,dont sweat it. i couldnt live with it so the owner reimbursed me.
    i think if you have lean,it creates possiable accuracy issues...particularly nock travel,
    if the bow was mine,and i was the original owner and i had time before season i would send it back to mathews or have them send your shop replacement parts.
    good luck!

Mines got cam lean as well. Im going to try and fix it tommorrow if adjusting on it doesent work then im calling Mathews
    2009 Carbon Fiber Monster 6.7 64lbs 382gr arrow 308 fps

you can fix IDLER lean by twisting cables but you cant fix CAM lean. if the cam is leaning,something is a little off...or gone bad.
    another good way to see lean is to look down the string from the cam towards the idler. its easy to see if the string is coming off the cam at an angle.

reezens are bad for lean

The shop here has sold 30 and had to send 26 back in my opinion worst bow mathews ever came out with. they should stop stamping there name on everything and go back to making high quality bows

I really like the bow. It's very quiet, fast and draws pretty smooth for the speed it delivers. It also shoots very well for me. I guess I'll take it into the shop and see what they say.

Ok i should clear my situation up. Its idler lean. I think it was caused because when I first got the bow it would only go to 68lbs. So I had them put some twist in the cable, which when backing it back out to 64lbs threw my timing off and caused some cam lean. So tommorrow im untwisting the cable to 32" long and to adjust the timing and hopefully it will correct the idler lean ive got. Im untwisting to 32" then im twising 5 twist on each side of the cable on the idler wheel.
    2009 Carbon Fiber Monster 6.7 64lbs 382gr arrow 308 fps

I just checked mine and it has cam lean. Don't know if it's been like this for long, I had it since March. It sucks because of deer season and if I take my bow in they will keep it in the shop until they get the new parts and everything. unless they let me hunt with my bow until they get the parts in.

Quote Originally Posted by marku View Post
    Ok i should clear my situation up. Its idler lean. I think it was caused because when I first got the bow it would only go to 68lbs. So I had them put some twist in the cable, which when backing it back out to 64lbs threw my timing off and caused some cam lean. So tommorrow im untwisting the cable to 32" long and to adjust the timing and hopefully it will correct the idler lean ive got. Im untwisting to 32" then im twising 5 twist on each side of the cable on the idler wheel.
    Yep That helps, Cam lean is diffrent then Idler wheel lean. Idler lean can be fixed by the cables

Well I am experiencing alot of cam (not idler) lean on my Reezen 7.0, If I put an arrow on the cam it is not parallel to the string, it intersects at the knocking point on the string. I took it to the shop and they said it was the string suppressor pulling the string and cam over to the side. So I believed them, But last night I had the Reezen in a press and I noticed that the cam and idler wobble quite a bit on the axels. Im guessing that this is not normal, and Im wondering if my bearings or bushings may have gone bad creating the cam lean. What do you guys think?