Thread: Need some Info on how Easton Tracer Nocks work / activate???

Need some Info on how Easton Tracer Nocks work / activate???

I bought some Easton Tracer Nocks last year and never got to use them so now after reading just how many have not worked out of the package for some I am wondering is there a way to test them while in the package or does it have to be shot with the magnet attached to the riser. Does it need to have an impact. When I wave a magnet other than the one that comes with them they all flash on bright then off. So it seems that the magnet starts it or turns it on and the impact keeps it on is that the way it works?

If I can get out this fall to bow hunt I am just trying to use what I have. How close does the magnet need to be in proximity to the arrow to get it to work measurement wise, where is best place to mount the magnet on your bow riser? Directly across from the path of the arrow nock. Is close better? How far away and it will still work anyone have this information. I have yet to use them but just would like them to work in case I do need one to track a deer. Also how do you turn them off and can they be reused or are they a one time deal?

Thanks in advance to anyone with information on how they work.

LFM
    Loyal Oneida AF/ LFM Shooter since 1995, Easton XX75 2514, Magnus Stinger 125 two blades, Pollington Pro Grip Release,

Hold the magnet 1 inch away from the nock for a few seconds it will flash once then flash I think 4 or five times and it will be active then It is in what they call sleep mode right now

don't put the magnet to close to the end, or it will grab you broadhead

I held a magnet not the one that comes with them within a 1/2 inch and they flash one time and that is it. I kept it that close for about 30 seconds and that is all that happens I did this two times and each time they just flash on one time. How do you put it to sleep if you do get one of them to come on and stay on? I have two packages I have tried and two I have not. Again I am not up on just how they work. Do they just pass by the magnet and suppose to turn on? Or is there a process that you have to follow to get them to actually work. I would hate to cut a package open and they don't work not that I can send them back to the place I bought them but read you can return them to Easton and they will replace them. But again I have never used lighted nocks just trying to learn how they work and what the process is to get them to...

Thanks for the information Just wondering...

LFM
    Loyal Oneida AF/ LFM Shooter since 1995, Easton XX75 2514, Magnus Stinger 125 two blades, Pollington Pro Grip Release,

ttt

LFM

If they only flash when the magnet passes by they are in sleep mode. That is a good thing so far! I bring the magnet in very slowly till they flash then stop and wait for blink.blink.blink.blink. Then you should be able to turn them on and off by putting the magnet near them. To put them back to sleep make sure they are off and bring the magnet in slowly till they turn on and hold it till blink.blink.blink.blink and they should turn off and go to sleep.

I used them last year and love them and will use them this year. All the ones I bought last year still work minus one that got left on from being shot!

Thanks for the great information that is what I am looking for.

Now can you give some info on just where the magnet needs to be mounted on the riser? I shoot an Oneida LFM with a Whisker Biscuit and the BH is about an inch and a half out from the front side of the biscuit when at full draw. Not sure if the magnet will draw BH but any info on just how close the magnet needs to be to the arrow and inline with the tracer nock in order to get it to work is just another question I have?

Appreciate the details...

LFM

seems as though you are having better luck than i did, i bought a four pack from cabelas about a month ago and i went to put them on yesterday and three of the four will not light up all no matter how long i hold the magnet near it
    2009 AM32 62# 28", Ripcord, G5 optix, Easton Axis, G5 meta peep,limb saver

I put the magnet on the riser horizontal from the arrow, ends up about 1/2-3/4 inch away from the arrow. Used 2 of them last year, worked great, shut them down at end of the season and they both are working this year. Well one is now as an Elk fell onto the the arrow and broke the nock last week.

Thumbs up

Seems I heard that in other threads about some or all never working... I got lucky it appears. But again buying somethings from retail stores or even online you never know especially electronics. I got mine from a guy here at AT. He worked for a shop or a smaller retailer and was looking to move them. I got 2 paks of S and 2 paks of x. But by the time I got them it was too late to practice with the practice nocks that come with the 2 nock paks. Because I am not able to get out openingh day or even the opening week of bow I am just working on getting all the equipment I have ready last year it was just to late too this year it was being unemployed for 4 months lack of funds to much of anything. Been only out once shooting my bows. I get out a few times before heading out to hunt and thought learning more about the tracers would help when I am out shooting I can test 1 pak and save the other for actual hunting. But now I am just getting over the flu... So had to take off 2 days without pay but that is my life but I am making all my bills otherwise just cutting into my hunting alot...

Heard you can contact Easton and get them replaced maybe a USPS letter to them would be a start. That was why I did not want to open the packaging. I stored them all together with not magnets even close to them and the magnets in the packages hold them all in the same position.

Hope others have better luck with them as I am so far... Now I just have to get the magnet attached to my bow and do some test shooting...

Regards,
    Mike / LFM

Arrow

ttt...

LFM