Archery Talk Forum banner

Lone Wolf Sit and Climb...anyone take the climbing bar off?

5K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  jlh42581 
#1 ·
I've had the stand for a while now and quite honestly, I really don't like using the sit and climb method to climb with it. I actually started just pushing the sit and climb bar back behind me and placing my forearms on the seat section angled bars and using it like a hand climber.

Anyone ever remove the bar? Will it hurt the stand?

#2 ·
i personally wouldn't remove it, not sure why you don't like it, it makes it so easy to climb

#5 ·
I agree 100 %. I'm old fat and love the set down bar. I have one with out one and I hate it. I mean it's a great stand, but it's to hard for me to climb and with the bar I fell a lot safer setting and can't step of the stand when standing. Maybe you think it's in the road to shoot, but 98 % of the deer I shoot I'm setting on my big butt and alway have been able to put the bow over the bar to get the shot off.

#4 ·
I just got a reply back from Lone Wolf saying that if you take that bar off and climb using the hand climber method, you'll eventually "tweak" the fame and it won't fold up as easily.

I dunno, I just simply hate using it in that manner. I comparing my Summit to the Lone Wolf and LW actually uses heavier aluminum tubing than my Summit. Hmmmm

#8 ·
I took the bar off the minute it came out of the box, never even tried to climb with it on there. (got mine before there was a hand climber option ) I use it just the way you describe, with my arms on the rails standing. Works great for me and I gotta figure its faster that way. I havent had any problem with my frame tweaking, but I only weigh 165 so maybe that would be a consideration for heavier people.

#9 ·
I folded the bar under the seat once I'm set up in the tree so it isn't a question of getting int he way while sitting. But while climbing with it, I felt like I couldn't get far enough from the tree to move the top section up the tree. Its hard to explain.

I'm 6ft 190 and in good shape and have no problems climbing by hand, in fact I prefer it and feel more stable for some reason. :confused: Plus, by removing it, I have holes to mount my beloved Foster Cradle bow holder to the stand and get rid of my boat ancher of an EZ hanger I've been toting. Otherwise, I've been tempted to drill a hole in the frame to mount it.

#12 ·
I don't use that bar to climb with either. I tuck it up under the edge of the seat and thats where it stays. I like it much better that way. When sitting down it gives support to the backs of my legs and the seat is not bowed down. I tried to use the bar for safety last week when I got up in the tree. It is to close to the seat and when I turned and moved the material of the seat made to much noise. The quietest stand on the planet with loud material on the seat. Go figure.

#15 ·
No way, that bar is night and day different in climbing. I wish I bought one ten years ago.

I've got my seat tight to the frame. At height I step back over the bar and put it under the seat.

While climbing I take a clip for the back piece and the bar clip and clip them together around the frame. Keeps the seat completely out of my way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.