Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stepped up and bought a Muddy harness

Stepped up and bought a Muddy harness

i have heard so many good things about Muddy safety harnesses that i bought one. i have been looking at them on there website, but i just didnt order one yet. well the other day i was in Scheels in Des Moines and i couldnt believe it, they had Muddy harnesses in Stock!

the guy that helped me asked me if i wanted to try one on first and i told him it has to be the right one for my body type. so i found the 6'3" 40 inch waist one and it fit great. he then put it back in the box and put it back on the shelf.

i said nope thats what i want and i pulled back off the shelf. he said there really expensive and i said its not expensive when my life is depending on it.

i got to wear it yesterday morning and it was so easy to put on and use.

i have been using other safety harnesses in the past, they all worked ok, but not with this kind of comfort.

i was kind of amazed that Scheels had them in stock..

Tony
    2010 Hoyt Carbon Matrix, 2005 Hoyt Ultratec.

They are very nice, I got one this year myself and retired my HSS vest...I really like the Muddy, nice and light and not bulky at all..Plus the bino hookup on it is a bonus.
    John's Customs Pro Staff Manager
    ASAT Camo Hunting Staff

Can you post a picture of it?

How about ease of use (putting on and hookup)?
    The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard

I love mine, it's the easiest harness I've ever used and it beats any HSS IMO. Comfortable and lightweight.

Very cool.... i have been thinking about something like this, but am not too fond of the vest style.
    2007 Bowtech Equalizer
    QAD Pro LD, VIPER Predator Hunter, B-Stinger, Easton Axis STs, and Slick Tricks

Great to hear guys I just order one this morning from thirdypointer. I cant wait to get it in.
    '07 Tribute, Black Gold Igintion, QAD LD, Octane Stablizer, Full Metal Jackers, Slick Trick Mags

Mine arrived on my door yesterday. Normally wouldn't buy without trying them on, but I've heard great things about Muddy!

I got one at the Expo ealier this year. One thing is I wish they had made the leg straps a little longer. The chest straps are plenty long enough, I have them as short as they go when wearing my middle weight gear. But leg the straps are on the short side. Guess I'll have to get all dressed up in my heavy gear to see it'll fit. If not, then it's back to my HSS vest...
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government..

Anybody know a good online dealer for muddy? I dont have anyplace within 2 hours of me that sells there stuff!

http://www.gomuddy.com/shopping/Depa...d-Harness.aspx

you can order direct from muddy, they will treat you right and ship it out quick.

I love my muddy.

I ordered one this summer and love it, however, last weekend put my binos on bino strap and retaining clip snapped. It was only my 3rd time using the harness. Took a clip off my Crooked Horn bino harness and it worked just fine for the hunt, I noticed the retaining clip from my Crooked Horn was much heavier duty. Made a call to Muddy Outdoors, they immediately mailed me 2 replacement clips free of charge. Great customer service!
    Bowtech Insanity CPXL
    Spot Hogg - Limb Driver - 300 ACC Pro Hunters - B Stinger
    Slick Trick 125 gr - Silver Flame XL 125 gr - Crackerized

Muddy gettin place was closed last night when i went by Im orderin wife to pick it up on way home let me call and pay for it< Thanks for the reminder!
    ELITE E32..........it TICKLES when people click it!

Good choice, I love mine!
    PSE DNA
    Easton Axis n fused
    Black Gold Ambush
    QAD QDX
    JOHNS CUSTOM STRINGS

In regard to tbe bino attachments...can that be modified for a rangefidner?

i see no reason why you can't hang your rangefinder from them

Lovin' my Muddy Harness. Wife bought it for me for my B-day in Sept.

GO MUDDY!
    Mathews Mafia

I go afield with great aspirations of finding my quarry, and always return with a sense of having found myself.

Got one as well last year, ditch the snag'n, baggy, crappy camo HHS vest. Muddy is the way to go

Quote Originally Posted by cabotvt View Post
    Got one as well last year, ditch the snag'n, baggy, crappy camo HHS vest. Muddy is the way to go
    But I got a brand new never hunted HSS hangin right here? Might be why its hangin right here......Muddy comin home as we speak!
    ELITE E32..........it TICKLES when people click it!

I really like these posts. Congrats to all who connect. Don't end up like I did in 2002.

Remember tho that the harness does you no good at all if you are not connected. 85% of all falls occur going up or down the tree!!!
    Email: safetreehunt@yahoo.com Twitter & Facebook:safetreehunt

One last bit of advice: Never fall out of a tree!!

Find out more on how to Hunt Safe and download your free instructions on the climber systems, PM or email me.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    Great to hear guys I just order one this morning from thirdypointer. I cant wait to get it in.
    Crazy, you'll love that harness, out of close to 90 sold here in the last couple months i only had 1 guy not like it (as much as his HSS Pro) so were closing in on 99% customer satisfaction real soon! Once you get it untangled out of the box the first time, i don't know how they do that lol, it's a breeze to put on.
    TROPHY HUNTERS SUPPLY LLC
    Authorized Dealer of: Elite Archery.. PSE..ONEIDA EAGLE.. Xpedition..& OBSESSION Bows- Ten Point.. Scorpyd..& Barnett crossbows-AXT-Carbon Express-Rage-QAD-Tru Fire-Stokerized, KTech Stabilizers-HHA..CBE..& Trijicon Sights- we have many more products, please call! www.trophyhunterssupply.com text to 920-562-0099 sales@trophyhunterssupply.com CALL/TEXT OR EMAIL US FOR FAST REPLIES!! Store number 920-833-BOWS (2697)

Thanks Thirypointer I got it in the mail yesterday and I love it. Its the easiest and lightest harness I have ever wore. It gets an A+++ in my book.

If any of you guys wants one give thirypointer a PM. He's a top notch type of guy. I order it Thursday and had it in the mail when I got home Tuesday.
    '07 Tribute, Black Gold Igintion, QAD LD, Octane Stablizer, Full Metal Jackers, Slick Trick Mags

Just got one as well. These things rock. So much lighter than the HSS.

Do you guys hook them to the tree when you climb in, or leave the straps in each stand? Do they hook to the tree very quickly/easily? I've only ever used the ones that come with stands for free, and they are horrible to use.
    2007 Bowtech Equalizer

there is a linemans belt to use going up and down. Oops I think I misunderstood you Ruger. use the linemans belt going up and down but yes once in the stand I hook up the harness to the tree then.

Interesting. If nothing else I suppose it would give me confidence to go higher in the tree than I normally do.
    2007 Bowtech Equalizer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast