Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what is the Best Archery movie

I think "Lord of the Rings" wins it for me (the elves are so clean and precise and pretty! )

Archery related movies I'm anticipating this year...
    "The Hunger Games" (best selling novel turned into movie(s) and "Brave" (disney/pixar)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio_3Der View Post
    Robin Hood cartoon movie with the fox as Robin. Great tournament scene, for sure, my kids love that movie! ha ha
    An old favorite

Add "Flight of Dragons" to the list, then - vintage Rankin / Bass, which came 9 years later.
    Archers patronizing and bashing fellow Archers with the purest distillate of ignorance, arrogance, and condescension.

The Scorpion King?

For cartoons kung fu panda 2 actual movies avatar

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Slite View Post
    I just stumbled across a Korean movie that is about an archer. It is called Choi-jong-byeong-gi, or "War of the Arrows." If you don't mind watching subtitled movies there are some excellent action scenes, the large majority of which are archery battles and duels. And if you only want to to watch the action scenes, they start just as the protagonist's sister is being married.

I just saw this on Netflix, it was freaking awesome. The Mongol Mangudai were pretty badass. Where can I get one of those cool broadheads they were using? LOL

Ya can add Avengers to the list Hawkeye is good!

+1 War of the Arrows. I too just watched it on Netfix. Awesome archery scenes, even if a little unrealistic.

How about "Book of Eli"?

I watched "war of arrows" last night. Pretty good

A couple of favorites of mine. "The Challenge" A film from the early 80's about an American hired by a Japanese businessman to steal a katana from his brother who runs a fuedal Japan-style school to train people in the "ways." It has some great scenes that involve archery using the yumi (japanese longbow). The movie stars Scott Glen. Another one would be "The Last Samurai" - another film featuring archery as practiced in feudal Japan. I practice Kyudo in addition to western archery, so these films hold a special place for me.

I agree that "Henry V" is fantastic as it shows how archery was used in warfare at the time. "The Adventures of Robin Hood" with Errol Flynn is fantastic.

More recently, the "Hunger Games" and "The Avengers" featured archery really well.
    [I]Target - 2011 Hoyt Contender Elite. 27" draw lenth @ 55 lbs. CBE sight. Viper Scope with 3x lens. 29" Easton X7 Eclipse arrows. Carter Hammer II release. 3D - 2009 Bowtech Admiral. 27" draw length @ 56 lbs. Sword Apex 3rd Plane sight. 29" Carbon Express Maximas. Scott lil' Goose release. Traditional - 2009 Martin X-200. 27" draw length at 52 lbs. Legacy arrows

The movie Red Cliff, I think the amount of arrows loosed is measured in tons.

The last of the Mohicans had some good shots

the last samari with tom cruze in it.ninja assasian.avengers,last of the mohcons.
    Loud,proud and country by the grace of GOD!

+1 for War of Arrows. Watched it on Netflix streaming. The whole movie is more or less scene after scene of bow fights. Very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by springy View Post
    robin hood with errol flynn no doubt a bout it can wath it over and over howard hill did all stunts might be to old for some of you guys
    same for me us older guys ( 71) sure was a great move to see...
    SOB (Sweet Old Bill) Bill Olmesdahl
    Sand Dune archery club MB SC,
    Gibertville rod and Gun NY,
    Seniors archery 3D/ hunt Oneonta NY

War of the arrow!

The serie Arrow is also pretty good. I haven't been fan of archery that long so i don't know if anything they do is based on reality, but this serie was one of the reasons i got interested. Season 2 is starting within a month or so.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123