Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best bowhunting gloves

best bowhunting gloves

So whats the best bowhunting gloves out there for colder weather? I want warm, but also don't want a lot of bulk, so that I can't feel the release trigger. What is everyone using that they love?

John's Custom Prostaff { no other string is even close }

i like the under armour generally

I do use some thicker ones when it gets colder but being in texas it doesn't require anything to terribly thick.
    Jeremiah 29:11 . . . . For I know the plans I have you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope".

UnderArmor liner gloves, hands down!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4IDARCHER View Post
    So whats the best bowhunting gloves out there for colder weather? I want warm, but also don't want a lot of bulk, so that I can't feel the release trigger. What is everyone using that they love?
    KING JAMES BIBLE
    John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
    ***Does Prayer Work? Yes!!!, Mathew 21:22--And all things, whatsoever, ye shall seek in PRAYER, BELIEVING, ye shall RECEIVE.

save money you can buy a case off brown jersey gloves for about 10 dollars if you need to wear two pair and cut the trigger finger out of one of them
    2013 Hoyt Spyder Turbo Blacked Out
    2011 Bowtech Invasion Black Ops
    2010 Strothers Infinity
    If you can hunt it with a bow, I will!!!!!!

I use the thin spandex Primos stretch fit, over a lightweight liner...
    PSE PRO STAFF

Trophy Ridge Pro Staff * Rocket Aeroheads Pro Staff * Vortex Optics Pro Staff * The Buck Bomb Pro Staff

i have some red head gloves from bass pro. I love them. I dont know the "model" but they should be in the catalog.

I have several pairs of gloves and I like them for various situations and reasons. I use the Under Armor gloves in the early season, and on cool days, but they aren't much help below about 50 degrees. I have a pair of Remington Midweight gloves that really work nicely for cooler days below the 50 degree mark, but on days that dip below the 30's, they are a little light. The problem with trying to find the right pair of bowhunting gloves in cold weather is the trade off between warmth and dexterity. This season I've purchased a pair of Manzella Bow Ranger gloves to use on my trip up north. I really like the looks and feel of them, but once again they are a midweight glove. That's why I always keep two hand warmers in my pockets, and keep my hands in my pockets as much as possible.

Another vote for the Primos stretch fit gloves. A solution I've come up with for when it gets really cold is to carry a handwarmer muff that straps around me and just go gloveless or wear the thin Primos gloves and just keep them in the pouch until I need them out for something.

Quote Originally Posted by catsandman View Post
    Another vote for the Primos stretch fit gloves. A solution I've come up with for when it gets really cold is to carry a handwarmer muff that straps around me and just go gloveless or wear the thin Primos gloves and just keep them in the pouch until I need them out for something.

EXACTLY what i do!
    PSE PRO STAFF

Trophy Ridge Pro Staff * Rocket Aeroheads Pro Staff * Vortex Optics Pro Staff * The Buck Bomb Pro Staff

i just bought a 10 pack of double sided rubberdotted gloves and fit on either hand. i can keep 8 gloves in my truck/backpack/pockets and always find a left and a right. i think i got them at big lots or walmart or home depot over the summer. i forgot about them and found them this morning looking for nocks in my man cave. as a matter of fact i found a new knife that i forgot about.

I go with the brown jerseys also. This year I'm going to pick up a muff if I have to be out when it gets much colder. Might just wear a warmer glove on the left hand. That's the one that gets cold for me while holding onto the riser of the bow. I'll have to try that doubling up on the jerseys.

And yes, I know that cotton is no good in the cold, but I can't justify spending a bunch of money on gloves. Like said earlier, it's hard to find a meeting place between warmth and dexterity/feel.

Under Armour gloves with a Fleece Handwarmer
    2013 LH BOWTECH EXPERIENCE 60 LBS 29 1/2 IN
    2008 LH BOWTECH GENERAL 60 LBS 29 1/2 IN
    2007 LH BOWTECH GUARDIAN 60 LBS 29 1/2 IN

None,

I use a hand muff to keep my hands warm until it is time to shoot.

Jeremy

Underarmour liner here also, hand mit when gets colder.
    Ten point HLX
    Carbon Express
    Slick Trick Magnums
    Rage two blade

I absolutely dislike rubber dotted gloves.....they tend to induce torque bt not allowing the bow handle to slide..

That is another reason I like the Primos gloves...they are somewhat slick...and are torque free.
    PSE PRO STAFF

Quote Originally Posted by westernskies View Post
    i have some red head gloves from bass pro. I love them. I dont know the "model" but they should be in the catalog.
    I have some too. They are a thin fleece but warm and they're windproof. Bought 2 pair on clearance a week ago for $5 a pair, normally $20 a pair. Dont know if they have any left or not. That was at BPS in Springfield, MO.

i have a pair of thin scentlok gloves that i got 2 years ago at cabelas, they rock in weather up to 40 degrees

I have a pair of bowhunter gloves that I really like. I generally don't wear gloves at all until it gets well below freezing. I can't spell the brand name. It is something like Matsuri? They have a opening for your release to go through on the palm side of the
    glove. They also have them in three different wieghts. I have the medium weight ones. They are plenty for me even in 10 degree weather, but like I said, my hands don't get that cold.
    "All the gizmos in the world don't matter if you don't do things the right way"... Jay Gregory.. AT Featured chat...

"We get what we earn, not what we deserve".... ME....

OK......a few years later, what is eveyone's opinion? I use a thumb release, so I try to avoid the gloves that have a hole in them for strap releases. Is there a glove that will keep one's hands warm and still allow them to feel the release well?
    This is the most fun I've had since I started dating!!!!

I'm still a big fan of using my hand muff with no gloves. I sometimes still use a pair of UA gloves, but the muff is where it's at for me.

I have the gamehide/mathews gloves. I bought these before I even knew what a mathews bow was! I shoot with these on, they are warm and dont have much bulk. ill probably get another pair.

http://www.gamehide.com/Mathews_Apex...hide_p/mni.htm
    Hunting~~2011 G5 Prime Shift, Extreme Archery Site, Fuse Carbon Blade, Easton Injection 400gr. 277fps 74KE, Nap Spitfire Maxx D6, QAD Drop Away Pro HDX, 65 pounds, 29" DL
    TEAM 15--- Band of Booners

Thanks guys. Sometimes I tend to over complicate things. I am thinking now that a mid to light weight glove will be my best bet, and use a hand muff as mentioned. I actually have one, but it is pretty old. It could be just as effective as the newer ones, though......
    This is the most fun I've had since I started dating!!!!

I wear the UA liner gloves when it gets cold I use a muff or put a pair of jersey gloves over the liner gloves

I have just about every style glove UA makes they all suck except the liner and the ridge reaper
    Mathews feathermax 29" 67lbs camo --semi retired
    Mathews chillr 28" 65 lbs lost camo
    Elite E35 black and realtree 65lb 29".
    Hoyt Carbon Matrix 29" 65lb black out
    Ten Point Defender

best bowhunting gloves

I'm a hand muff guy when it gets really cold. I use a thumb release and took a lightweight pair of Remington gloves and cut a slit in the thumb for when I need to shoot. Otherwise I just pull my thumb back inside the glove and its fairly warm.
    Be excellent to each other...

I have a pair of under armor super thin spandex-like gloves and then I just throw a pair of hot hands in my pockets and leave my hands in my pockets till its go time. I do this from about 50 degrees down to as cold as I'll go out. Been doing it this way the last 3 years or so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast