a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Missouri Rut Activity

Missouri Rut Activity

Just wondering what everyone is seening out there recently, where you're at, etc.. When does everyone think the rut is going to hit its peak? I'm in east-central MO, and there have been bucks chasing does, but I don't think it's anything serious right now. What do you guys think?

Good Hunting!
    Otto33
    Aim small, miss small.

I like Halloween
    MATTHEW 4:4

BUST A BUCK STAFF

I seen a doe last night that the day before she had her fawns with her, but last night she was alone very nervous and wasn't wasting any time going into the timber from the the corn field were she stays all the time. I didn't see any buck be hide her, but she was very nervous. It's about that time the moon will be right Wed.

Rut Report

I was out this weekend. Younger bucks are pestering the does. I did see a 140+ 8 pointer bedded downwind from a doe bedding area. I am sure he is scent checking and just hanging around until things heat up...he did not follow the 20+ does into the field though. I'll be waiting on him next week.

i went to a little hot spot and rattled in a little 8 night.... his neck wasnt swollan to big but it shouldnt be long... i was in benton county..
    R.I.P Willie Sr R.I.P Eric "Wayne" Binney
    I love you Dad and watch over me in this journey they call life....
    Its not about how many 12s you have, its about how many 8s your dont have

RustyToad Archery Staff Shooter... Bowtec,Stans,Goldtip,CBE,Bee-Stinger,Vapor Trail

Im In Southwest MO and I have been finding scrapes for a couple of weeks now. My last time out I saw a small 8 Point scent checking a doe bedding area that I was hunting by. Ive been seeing several young bucks in the past week up and moving early. I expect the pre-rut to really start going hard around halloween. I Killed my biggest on halloween and it seems like that day is really when it starts picking up around here every year.
    Staff Shooter for the following companies:
    Mathews- Factory staff, Carbon Express, B-Stinger, Custom Archery Supply, T.R.U Ball, Bohning

There is no rut ever in missouri....no need to come hunt here!!
    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
    They can have my weapons when they pry them from my cold dead fingers."

Nothing serious going on in central mo either. Young bucks trying to pester does. Mature bucks starting to get out of there feeding patterns and roam a little. Scrapes are staring to get hit daily. Ive been getting 6-7 bucks on camera per scrape a day. The fun stuff is right around the corner.
    Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos, what you eat today might burn your butt tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by BoCoMo View Post
    Ive been getting 6-7 bucks on camera per scrape a day.
    Any daytime pics?
    watch our hunting and bowfishing webcast at AimNLowTV.com

I hunted two days last week and things were real slow. Only found two scrapes down our 1 mile long logging road and usually there are hundreds by now. Also, only saw three deer. Hope things get better soon! I'm heading out tonight to hunt the next two days so we'll see, but they're calling for more rain...
    Hoyt Ultra-Tec Shooter
    QDMA Member / Certified Master Tree Farmer
    Owner of Oakridge BBQ LLC- Maker of: ~ Venison, Game Bird & Chicken, and Competition BBQ Rubs ~
    Visit our AT Classifieds Ad for more info about Oakridge BBQ rubs!
    Special Thanks to Jesus Christ, my Lord, Savior & Hunting Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Robin@AimLow View Post
    Any daytime pics?
    Some day time pics. Mostly of younger bucks. The 2 bucks im really watching are at night. Hoping the hot does will change that though.
    Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos, what you eat today might burn your butt tomorrow.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1050990

yeah, nothing serious going on in Central missouri!!!!

There was a columbia buck taken earlier this fall that might fall short of the one I posted above but is a mini-monster for sure. I'll see if I have pics.....

For me, well, I dont hunt in a good spot. No agriculture and a mere pass-through area. I've seen the young ones but that's not to say the big daddy's aren't running around. They are out there. Just gotta be in the right spot.

Ttt

Talking with a few other hunters, I think the big boys are starting to move alot, but for the most part the young bucks are chasing does...Looks like gun season could be good.
    God - Wife - 3 Kids
    Mathews Chill 70-30 /Spot Hogg Real Deal 5 Pin
    MPSI Bushmaster / NAP Apache 5"
    Carbon Express Maxima 350 / NAP Killzone TT
    Go Cardinals!

Why would you bump a year old thread when there is already another thread currently active for this year...
    Insert signature here...