a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: florida rut

florida rut

what happened to the rut in central fl.

What do you mean?

let you know in about 2 months!
    ELITE E32..........it TICKLES when people click it!

it's dead! is it over or are we at 1/2 time?

it aint started.

Hey im from Crestview, rut dont start till at least end of november...then they play 2nd half in jan feb.

I read that thread about deer rutting in fl couple months back talked to my dad on radio, he works outside daily on Eglin AFB every deer he was seein still in full velvet.

I still call bs on a sept oct rut......

Where ya at? And welcome aboard

Buck chasing doe in green swamp last night he was stomping along and just cruising through... day 1 muzzle loader were going to the exact same area..in two weeks see what happens they have a couple weeks to cool off! I personaly believe that does become receptive for a couple months here. I just hope its nice n cool. He's not a monster but he is outside the ears.
    Florida meat hunters: Killing tomorrows trophy today because we dont have a chance anyways.

Our bucks are done rutting down here, they usually start before bow season, we usually see some more activity in late Dec or early Jan.
    Arrow H Outdoors Pro-Staff

hey arrow, how far south of orlando are you?

Green Swamp area ,it goes down around Christmas , at least it does where I hunt in there..I was in Taylor county last weekend the bucks where not chasing them yet..

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob mccoy View Post
    hey arrow, how far south of orlando are you?
    About an hour and a half, St. Lucie County
    Arrow H Outdoors Pro-Staff

Typically the rut starts the earliest in the the northern cooler climates and later the further south you go. There's no way y'all are even close to the rut now unless something freaky is going on. I'm in MS and for us it's usually in December and January.

Nyles, Florida is a big state so if something happens in the panhandle it can be different in South Florida. See my thread http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1045130 where I have hard horned deer in the background and a buck that just started growing his antlers back. I can assure you the rut in S Florida is the summer. Not to be a jerk but I dont think that the FWC biologist would post rut dates saying otherwise. The main rut on our Central Florida lease is usually this week or next each year. End of archery beginning of muzzle. Look for it this week or next.
    Bear Truth 30" 75#, Muzzy 100 grain 3 Blade, Gold Tip 7595 with Gator Wraps and Orange and Blue Blazers

If your not a Gator, You are Gator Bait...

Quote Originally Posted by Ddiaz View Post
    Typically the rut starts the earliest in the the northern cooler climates and later the further south you go. There's no way y'all are even close to the rut now unless something freaky is going on. I'm in MS and for us it's usually in December and January.
    In south Florida the rut happens in October for the most part its funny but thats the way it is...In other regions of Florida it can be as late Jan. or Feb.
    You can't compare Florida's rut to other parts of the country.

im in manatee county and it should be starting any day, if we got another cold snap SOON it would def kick in, i here they are from some people and they arnt from others, im not seeing any dead deer on the raods at all so not yet

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    In south Florida the rut happens in October for the most part its funny but thats the way it is...In other regions of Florida it can be as late Jan. or Feb.
    You can't compare Florida's rut to other parts of the country.
    Dang, that's weird. You learn something new every day.

fl. rut

Ive hunted n.central fl. my whole life , all i know is you better be in tree come muzzleloader. seen good buck chasing oct,23.

man its way too early for rut in the south

Thumbs up

I have seen a couple of bucks with does usually at night. I have also seen a couple of bucks crossing the road durning the day were you would normally not see one. I think there is some rutting going on right now.

Our rut has been over it was in Late July about the 18th this year. Florida rut is scattered at different times in diff. regions. Central Fl. its go time Now!
    Learn from the mistakes of others, as you will not live long enough to make them all on your own.
    "09" Mathews Reezen 6.5 @ 29" 70#
    CX Mayhem's w/ 100gr. Montec CS @ 434gr

In Collier Co. I have personally seen bucks chasing does like crazy in June. In North FL (Columbia and Hamilton) the rut is in full swing....if you aint seeing it you aint in the woods. lol.

Also FL is notorious for having more than one rut due to the sex ratio. Too much pressure on the bucks in this state. Legal to take two a day....seriously!?

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzle View Post
    Nyles, Florida is a big state so if something happens in the panhandle it can be different in South Florida. See my thread http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1045130 where I have hard horned deer in the background and a buck that just started growing his antlers back. I can assure you the rut in S Florida is the summer. Not to be a jerk but I dont think that the FWC biologist would post rut dates saying otherwise. The main rut on our Central Florida lease is usually this week or next each year. End of archery beginning of muzzle. Look for it this week or next.
    Your on the money....
    Florida meat hunters: Killing tomorrows trophy today because we dont have a chance anyways.

Fine I believe ya, you all are there Im not and your right probably least 500 miles to where you are. I just find it tough to comprehened that big a difference in rut times.

I didnt look at your pics I remember seeing them!

As bad as I hate da gators ya better beat AL!

fl. rut

yea the rut here in union county is weird ive hunted GA,S.C.,and Ohio where its more visable but here ive seen bucks chasing the 1st day of bow season all the way to the end of gun season, hunt everyday here like its the rut.