a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: DXT vs. Reezen

DXT vs. Reezen

I currently own a Mathews DXT, but am looking at a Reezen. I have a shorter draw length (27")so I like a little extra speed any way I can get it. Would I be losing/gaining anything by going to a Reezen vs. my DXT??

Also, would anyone like to trade their 70lb DXT limbs for my 60lb limbs? Once again...I'd like the added speed and think 70lbs would still be comfortable.

The only thing you are losing going to the Reezen is the draw cycle is a little harsher than the DXT but you get used to it pretty quick. I fought back and forth on which to buy when I got my Reezen and I could not tell that much difference shooting them they are both smooth and quiet but the speed got me thats is why I bought the Reezen. I am shooting a 415 gr arrow at 295fps it is a great bow but you also have a great bow as well so it is just up to you.
    2013 PSE DNA Platinum Skulls Camo/ 502gr FMJ 340 arrow 28.5"DL 60lbs/ WB rest and tightspot quiver/ Tru-Glo Super Slam with 6" extension bar/Truball thumb release

Keep the DXT !
    Elite Pulse, HHA, LD Pro-V, Strokerized w/ 525g Easton's....

Quote Originally Posted by okiehunt View Post
    The only thing you are losing going to the Reezen is the draw cycle is a little harsher than the DXT but you get used to it pretty quick.
    X2
    The Reezen's cycle is harsh initially, but you get used to it quite quick. Its super forgiving as well. One of the easiest bows ive shot.

Just went through this myself. I have a 28" dl. I've been shooting a DXT and really like it. But like everyone else I'm always looking for something better, so I got a 7.0 Reezen. It shot well but at 55# it was only about a 1-2 f.p.s. faster then the DXT, The draw curve was slighty hasher also. So I sold the Reezen and kept the DXT. Like the short bow for hunting, and it does draw a little easier without losing any real speed. BUT the Reezen is a very nice bow! Wish I could keep them all!

CREED
    DESTROYER 340

~

sell me your DXT skywalker !!

I shoot a PSE, but ive always been impressed w/ the DXT
    and if and when i can find a used one at a reasonable price, ill snatch it up

my advice-
    keep your DXT

i have the 6.5 and love it. when i got mine i shot the dxt as well and liked it very much too. im so used to my reezen now that i dont even notice the break over in the cam. this is the fastest and best bow i have ever shot and i am 100% satisfied with mine.

just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by badluckmike View Post
    Just went through this myself. I have a 28" dl. I've been shooting a DXT and really like it. But like everyone else I'm always looking for something better, so I got a 7.0 Reezen. It shot well but at 55# it was only about a 1-2 f.p.s. faster then the DXT, The draw curve was slighty hasher also. So I sold the Reezen and kept the DXT. Like the short bow for hunting, and it does draw a little easier without losing any real speed. BUT the Reezen is a very nice bow! Wish I could keep them all!
    I find that hard to believe...
    I know my 60lb Reezen shoots way faster than my 60lb DXT.
    JBK BOWSTRINGS With the 24 Month Guarantee on All sets of strings!
    www.jbkstrings.com

2014-2015 Team #24 - Team Center Punch

Add a Reezen cam to your DXT. Then you will have what you want. A faster DXT. The Reezen Cam is not quite as smooth, but I like the valley better with the Reezen Cam.

That is very interesting taking the Reezen cam and changing it out, I'm not sure if having the quick change axle is what Mathews had in mind for changing things fast.

Question how did you know what your string length where going to be??

Me personally I'd keep the DXT, maybe get those 70lb limbs, then see how your doing

Quote Originally Posted by w8tnonu22 View Post
    Add a Reezen cam to your DXT. Then you will have what you want. A faster DXT. The Reezen Cam is not quite as smooth, but I like the valley better with the Reezen Cam.

Actually you keep your strings and cables. All you have to do is take some twist out your cable to time the cam. The poundage stays the same. I had to lower my nocking point just a little and notch the rubber on the string stop about a 1/16" to clear the cam. I am shooting 390 grain arrow at 315fps. That at 30" and 72lbs. The cam gave me about 7 fps. If you get a reezen cam get your dl for the 7.0 reezen.

The reezen will shoot faster and like others have said now that i have had my reezen for 6-7 months i cant even tell the break over in the cams while drawing you really DO get use to it and it becomes very easy to pull back in one soild controled movement. after the first couple weeks you wont even notice.
    Strothers Infinity--BLACK DEATH--27inch draw-- 70lbs