Archery Talk Forum banner

Opening a new archery shop currently looking to hire asst shop manager/bow mechanic

4K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  skidoo54601 
#1 ·
I am going to be opening a fully equipped top of the line archery shop.It will be secure finacially with no worries of running out of money the first three years.I am looking for a proven professional in the archery world to help manage the shop as well as handle all bow work and tuning.This will be a unique opportunity for the right individual.

#4 ·
well thats something i really didn't want to announce on a public profile until i'm actually open.If your interested in the details i would be happy to discuss them in a more private manner.This type of thing can cause conversation among other local shop owners and theres really not a need for that at the moment.

#7 ·
Zip code 54601 is La Crosse, WI.
Course, it doesn't necessarily follow that because that number is in his signature that it is his zip code.
Nor does the fact that SkiDoo is a well known snowmobile brand provide any clues. Even though Wisconsin is right up there in the heartland of snowmobile country

Signed,

Sherlock Holmes :D

#8 ·
lmao..nice job there sherlock.although its not going to be in your stated location.I just wanted to see if anyone would be smart enough to catch on to the zipcode.La crosse is already slammed with shops so i don't want anyone to get their feathers rufflled thiking theres gonna be anther one there.Because its along way from that location.

#9 ·
Thats good because honestly if any shop thinks they are going to compete with anthony at LaCrosse archery you would be set up for failure. Anthony is archery through and through. not to mention one of the largest string suppliers in the United states.

#14 ·
well...

I know Anthony, and hes a top notch bow technician, but to say that anyone is set for failure is a bit presumptuous, dont you think?

#11 ·
I own a shop in Merrill, Wi. Not looking for anybody, but I'd bet we'd get along with a handle like Ski-Doo!!!

Got a new Adrenaline XP waiting to leave its first prints in the snow!!! Good luck on your mission! Just don't open up around here...Alrighty!!!

#18 ·
skidoo54601,
I would like to Wish You All of The Best of Luck with your new Archery Shop! :thumbs_up Also, Welcome to Archerytalk! :thumbs_up

I sent you a Private Message. :)

Dick

#20 ·
well considering in order to be a profitable shop you may want some bow dealerships and considering Anthony already has most of them it would be kinda hard to make it without at least one of the big names. Also through my years of growing up in LaCrosse ive watched shop after shop try to compete in LaCrosse and watched everyone of them fail.

#23 ·
Well i wouldn't open without having the two big names and as you probably know they won't slap shops on top of one another.That being said the retail stores i run now are more cut throat than the archery business and i started in the middle of three other pre existing stores and only one of them remains mine.I know how to run a business and i'm not gonna be hurting for money if i don't make any the first two years.

#24 ·
also i'm not opening anywheres near la crosse so please don't make it sound that way.I don't know anthony,but i hear hes really good at what he does.They must run a great shop.Its funny how people get things all amped up for no reason.My gut instinct told me not to post an ad on here,but at the same time i figured most of the people commenting would have mentally graduated jr high.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.