Archery Talk Forum banner

lne wolf sticks vs rapid rails and or 32" climbing sticks

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  btvabowhunter 
#1 ·
I use 32" gorilla climbing sticks and really like them. I lot of hunters tell me they really like the lone wolf climbing sticks. I has thinking of buying some myself but, I am not sure if they are worth the extra money. I can get 6 gorilla sticks for 90 bucks. Just wanted to know from some hunters who have used both. Are the lone wolf sticks that much better and are they worth the extra money?

#4 ·
I got both, i like the LW because i hunt public land there a bit lighter, but if i was hunting were i didnt have to take it with me i would be gorilla all the way. much cheaper, step on each side they rock for the money..so if your on private land go with the gorilla steps. i got my gorillas for 10 bucks a piece when sportsman warehouse closed i got 6 for 60 bucks. what blows about the LW is you get 3 and i dont get as high as i like to be with them I have to start with 2 strap on steps...im getting a comfy climber next i think.

#6 ·
When you say you can get 6 for $90 are you saying you can get a few more to have a total of six?

When I was purchasing sticks the Gorilla 32"ers ended up being $10-15 dollars cheaper per 3 piece set. $40 dollars per stick at Cabellas.

3 stick Gorilla set weighs 10.5 pounds
3 stick LW set wieghs 7.5 pounds

Then the "tree gripper" or whatever those brackets are called will swivel on the Lonewolf but doesnt appear to on the Gorillas. I dont know how much a difference that makes digging into the tree though.

It really comes down to the weight for me. I went with LWs.

Had Muddy's been out, I may have been torn between them and LWs due to Muddy's rope cam

If you dont mind an extra few pounds and can get a deal on Gorillas, Id stick with em. Just gettin you up the tree....isnt gonna make a difference to the deer

#7 ·
If you shop around online you can get 6 GS for 90 tyd.
I have also seen them for 13 bucks for one with free shipping on ebay. I almost bought a few but, I don't really need them because I still have a lot of api sky hooks and screw in steps. After using the GS it is hard to go back to hang stand with the old screw in steps. I think I will just go ahead and buy 6 more GS.

#8 ·
I love my lone wolf sticks and wouldn't trade them for anything. Yes they are kind of pricey but they are defently worth every penny. I've never used the gorillas but 2 things that I know I like better about the LW's is they are lighter and the back part of the stick that touches the tree is movable on the LW's, Gorillas aren't. There for you can have a pretty uneven, crappy tree and they will still fit snug to a tree and wont move. Lone Wolf sticks are defently the top dog when it comes to climbing sticks IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.